is this a good disc resurfacing machine?

Not really...

It's a pain in the butt to switch out the pads every couple of discs you try to fix.
This does not work that well on discs that are heavily scratched.

I usually only use it to repair lightly scratched discs. I use the white pads and some polishing liquid to eliminate some of the scratches. I don't use the yellow or red compounds as it usually does more harm than good.

Also it takes some time to get used to. If you do it wrong, it leaves a "ring of buffer marks" in the middle of the disc as the placement of the pad holders are a little bit too far apart.

Overall: C-

Pro: Cheap and works on light scratches. Small and compact
Con: Doesn't work well with deeper scratches. Sometimes makes discs look worse than before. Takes a long time as you have to keep switching pads depending on # of compounds you want to use.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You might want to look into one of the ones like Hollywood Video/GameCrazy used to use. Gamestop sells them now for $125: http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/jfj-easy-pro-disc-repair-machine/88392[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm probably about to purchase that one myself although from a seller on eBay. It seems like the best value. I'd prefer to spend a little more to get a nicer machine, but it looks like the next step up is around $500.

bread's done
Back