FF Tactics
R&C:Size Matters
Castlevania
Disgaea
Crisis Core
Chains of Olympus
Patapon
Riviera

I'm using my brother's old camera cable for the USB connection (I tried it on my friend's PSP and it worked fine) so I don't need to buy one of those and I can't find a good case so I'll probably just leave that alone (I really like my G-Pak for my DS Lite so I'm trying to look for one like that).

Also, another friend recently bricked his PSP (homebrewing) and since that was his 2nd and he doesn't want to buy another he's going to sell his games to me. I'm going to pay $50 for entire collection but I have no idea what he has besides GTA and Valkerie Profile.

Excellent list, only problem is with that many games all at once its hard to decide what to play and have time for them all. I'm still wondering if I should get a case or if I even need one. An old portable cd player case works fine as long as no pressure on it. I see tons of cases, like at best buy but I don't know which is a good one. And some of them don't indicate which PSP they're for.

Are you buying these things online or at a store? Do you plan on watching videos or listening to music on it? I would also suggest buying a Hori screen protector at minimum to keep your screens from getting scratched up. I'm also thinking you're buying too many games. You can probably save more money if you buy two or three games at the start and buying the rest online.

Maybe I'm just cheaper than most people, but I would recommend new PSP owners stick to the Greatest Hits games for a while and look/wait for deals on newer titles over time.

I'm not into shooters (the only one I've really enjoyed was Metroid Prime 3). Also, I'm just gonna pick them all up at once probably just to save time later. If I don't, I'll likely pickup Crisis Core and Patapon first.

Because I love RPGs. I was thinking about getting FFI and II but I already have them on GBA and I don't feel like paying $60 to get both.

Throw in Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max and you've got a perfect library. You've probably heard horror stories about the way the fat PSP d-pad handles fighters, but the slim PSP is on par with the PS2 d-pad.

Definitely grab Valkyrie Profile from your friend.

Damn good list. I would say there's only a few things missing to make it the perfect collection.
I definitely concur with the one who said you need a screen protector.
And a couple of more games:

GTA Vice City Stories
Loco Roco

Those two games made buying the psp worth it to me.

Have you ever played Tales of Destiny II on the PSOne? If not, definitely get Tales of Eternia (UK). My must have list started and ended with Patapon. Getting old PS1/PS2 games on a handheld is great though.

Concerning Street Fighter: I've never played a SF (too shame) but I looked it up and the local GS has 4+ used copies and it looks great. Count it a pick up

Concerning GTA: Like I said above, GTA is definately in my friend's collection that I'm buying.

Concerning Loco Roco: I really want to get it, and my friend MIGHT have it, but if he doesn't I want to wait until it goes GH.

Concerning Tales of Destiny: I want to find a trustworthy import site for UK games to get this because I don't want to use Ebay.

By the way, any new PSP owner should swing by Toys R Us as they have some great deals on PSP games. I picked up Ace Combat X for $3, Lumines II, Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror, and Wipeout Pure for $10 each, and Loco Roco for $20. Of course every store will be different but take a look just in case.

[quote name='DarkKnightCecil']Concerning Street Fighter: I've never played a SF (too shame) but I looked it up and the local GS has 4+ used copies and it looks great. Count it a pick up

Concerning GTA: Like I said above, GTA is definately in my friend's collection that I'm buying.

Concerning Loco Roco: I really want to get it, and my friend MIGHT have it, but if he doesn't I want to wait until it goes GH.
[/quote]
Never played Street Fighter? Damn I'm getting old. Everyone played SF2 (even people who didn't play games) but that was about 15 years ago. Which GTA does your friend have? LCS is fun but VCS is sooo much better.

Loco Roco is worth picking up but considering you have so much to play already, I would recommend downloading the demos (there's a ton of them including Holiday themed).

[quote name='briandadude']Maybe I'm just cheaper than most people, but I would recommend new PSP owners stick to the Greatest Hits games for a while and look/wait for deals on newer titles over time.[/quote]
No, this is a good idea. This is what I plan to do, although I absolutely had to get MLB 08. I just picked up Hot Shots Golf Open Tee today too. $15 reg. price at Best Buy. I was on the fence about picking up GoW but I figure with sports games, there is more replay value while I wait for new releases to go on sale.

FFT, GoW:CoO, and Patapon are good for sure.
GoW is on the short side but that's to be expected. I ran through it twice, normal mode and the hardest mode. The challenges might give you some more hrs.
FFT depends on how much time you want to spend on it as it has alot of replayability IMO with the different classes and such. As far as sRPGs go I haven't played Disgaea yet so I can't comment. I did recently finish Jeanne D'Arc and I would call it an sRPG-lite, like an introductory sRPG for noobs. Not really worth your time if you've already played other, deeper games in the genre.
Patapon is definitely good, for ~12-15 hrs, possibly some more depending on how dedicated you are in upgrading your units/items. Also for $20 NEW you can't go wrong. Loco roco (by the same creators) however, I was not a big fan of, played it for like 30 mins before I got bored, then quit.
If you are into racing at all I reccomend WipEout. Pure is good even today as it was a launch title and the newer one (haven't played it as much) Pulse is good from what I've seen so far.
The music-puzzle mix fan in me has to recommend Lumines (another launch title) as a must have for a PSP library.
For a pure music-beat type fan DJ Max Portable is good to have.

That should be enough to get you started.

[quote name='jkam']SYPHON FILTER is a must buy![/quote]

Wow, I can't believe I forgot that one! Yes, I'd say both are worth it. The 2nd one even has infrastructure multiplayer (although I've never tried it). Syphon Filter is definitely the solution for any third person shooter on the go needs. After you've beaten them on normal difficulty there is still replayability because you could do hard mode and you can also replay every stage in the game to fulfill requirements that will unlock stuff such as new weapons, etc, if unlocking stuff is your thing.

[quote name='jkam']SYPHON FILTER is a must buy![/quote]

Wow, I can't believe I forgot that one! Yes, I'd say both are worth it. The 2nd one even has infrastructure multiplayer (although I've never tried it). Syphon Filter is definitely the solution for any third person shooter on the go needs. After you've beaten them on normal difficulty there is still replayability because you could do hard mode and you can also replay every stage in the game to fulfill requirements that will unlock stuff such as new weapons, etc, if unlocking stuff is your thing.

bread's done
Back