Is this a paypal scam?

mousin

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
well, i got just got this email, from the address [email protected] but i read the real email address, and its from [email protected] see the difference? i think this is a total scam, and yea. WARNING ALL CAGS THAT IF YOU GET THE SAME EMAIL, IGNORE IT.

Your account will be suspended !

Dear Paypal User,

In accordance with our major database relocation, we are currently having major adjustments and updates of user accounts to verify that the informations you have provided with us during the sign-up process are true and correct. However, we have noticed some discrepancies regarding your account at Paypal. Possible causes are inaccurate contact information and invalid logout process.

We require you to complete an account verification procedure as part of our security measure.

You must click the link below to securely login and complete the process.

Click here to activate your account

Choosing to ignore this message will result in a temporary suspension of your account within 24 hours, until you will choose to solve this unpleasant situation.

Thank you for using PayPal!
The PayPal Team

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please do not reply to this e-mail. Mail sent to this address cannot be answered. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and choose the "Help" link in the footer of any page.

To receive email notifications in plain text instead of HTML, update your preferences here.

PayPal Email ID PP8210

Not to mention the numerous spelling and grammatical errors.

And actualy, Ebay has started a new thing where they will both send you an email and leave you a message in your ebay message box. If in doubt about an email, check if its in your Ebay message box, if it isn't there, its a hoax.

how can you think it's a scam if you know the email address is a fake?

in any case, i think you should click the link to securely login and complete the process. you don't want to take any chances and have your account suspended.

Here's a simple guide to determine if an email is real or a scam.

Q: Are you asking yourself if its a scam?
A: If yes, then its a scam.

Dave

[quote name='hero101']You should replay with all fake info to mess with their heads. :applause:[/QUOTE]
That's what I always do. It may not do much, but at least it'll slow their progress a bit while they sort out the crap :cool:

Definetly a scam, one of my close friends fell for one of these emails, (the ebay variation) and his debit card had $500 of debits in south africa, france, and russia the next day.

bread's done
Back