Is This a Scam?

zach6923

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Someone bought a PS2 and 28 games from me for $120 and he says he lives in West Virginia but he is in Greece for peace keeping and wants it shipped to Nigeria for a gift to his Nephew.

He is a new member to Ebay, has 0 feedback and his feedback is private.
his account is johnsonwade445

In my auction I made it so I only ship to the lower 48 states.

I'm relatively new to Ebay and I need help.

What should I do?

Well I'm not going to ship it to him, but how do i get out of this mess? He hasn't payed yet and he wanted my Paypal address to pay me, which I didn't give to him for obvious reasons.

Of course this is a scam. How could you say no to someone keeping the peace! I would let him know you cannot ship to an unconfirmed address outside of the continental U.S. I'd also alert eBay.

This has scam written all over it, definitely submit a claim to eBay like stated before. If he hasn't paid yet then he has no rights whatsoever to be demanding.

[quote name='zach6923']Someone bought a PS2 and 28 games from me for $120 and he says he lives in West Virginia but he is in Greece for peace keeping and wants it shipped to Nigeria for a gift to his Nephew.

In my auction I made it so I only ship to the lower 48 states.

I'm relatively new to Ebay and I need help.

What should I do?[/QUOTE]

100% scam. DO NOT SHIP DO NOT SHIP DO NOT SHIP.

Report to ebay/paypal.

[quote name='zach6923']Someone bought a PS2 and 28 games from me for $120 and he says he lives in West Virginia but he is in Greece for peace keeping and wants it shipped to Nigeria for a gift to his Nephew.

[quote name='zach6923']Well I'm not going to ship it to him, but how do i get out of this mess? He hasn't payed yet and he wanted my Paypal address to pay me, which I didn't give to him for obvious reasons.[/QUOTE]

ok I'm confused. 1) this is definitely a scam. But 2) how in the world did you expect someone legit to pay you if you won't give our your paypal address? A check?

If you get paid then you can ship it out, since you shouldn't care what happens to it but without payment before you ship clearly you are going to lose out on the money and the goods.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']If you get paid then you can ship it out, since you shouldn't care what happens to it but without payment before you ship clearly you are going to lose out on the money and the goods.[/QUOTE]

Until the bidder files a claim saying he never received the item and Paypal issues a refund or something. Without shipping to a confirmed address tied to the buyer's account you have no way of proving you sent the item (at least enough to satisfy eBay whether you have email correspondence or shipment/delivery confirmation or not).

Well if youre trying to avoid negative feedback just politely explain the situation to them and do a transaction cancellation request. If they don't agree to it you won't get your ebay fees back though so see if he will agree to it first before sending the cancellation request. They will probably either agree to the cancellation or ignore it. If they ignore it you're ok because you can close it yourself after a week I think it is and get your fees back.

I would never do it but technically if they pay you can just send it to the paypal address and you're supposed to be covered.

As a seller I fucking hate that I can't set the standards for buyers. I realize everyone has to start somewhere but every single time I sell something to a 0 feedback user I have to just hope that I actually get paid or nothing else goes wrong. So annoying.

So I called Ebay and they said that they don't have enough info on him to actually label him a scammer but they think he might be.

Ebay said that I should just wait til the 9th and then file a didn't pay claim. LOL which kinda sucks because I want that PS2 sold.

Never SHIP an item to a 2nd address

Say if even

You lived in Happy town 123 street

and bob won your item and lived at 124 street BUT Then pays it using the 124 street address but then ask you to ship it to 125 street

DONT ITS A SCAM

O by the way WHEN You dont sell it to him EXPECT A NEG. FEEDBACK and EBAY WILL NOT REMOVE IT ..

[quote name='slidecage']Never SHIP an item to a 2nd address

Say if even

You lived in Happy town 123 street

and bob won your item and lived at 124 street BUT Then pays it using the 124 street address but then ask you to ship it to 125 street

DONT ITS A SCAM

O by the way WHEN You dont sell it to him EXPECT A NEG. FEEDBACK and EBAY WILL NOT REMOVE IT ..[/QUOTE]

Ebay hates their sellers. Duh. ;-)

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Ebay hates their sellers. Duh. ;-)[/QUOTE]

They really do. This is why I rarely ever sell on eBay anymore.

[quote name='Javery']They really do. This is why I rarely ever sell on eBay anymore.[/QUOTE]

Ditto 1000%!

[quote name='zach6923']So I called Ebay and they said that they don't have enough info on him to actually label him a scammer but they think he might be.

Ebay said that I should just wait til the 9th and then file a didn't pay claim. LOL which kinda sucks because I want that PS2 sold.[/QUOTE]

just go ahead and relist it. There's no way he'll actually pay for it.

He shouldn't need your paypal address so do NOT give it to him. If he was legit he could go through ebay or paypal by logging into his account and sending payment. Ebay/Paypal sends it to address on file. My guess is if you give him you paypal address you will get a fake invoice showing the item being paid for or the payment will come from a compromised account.

LOL heres another scam rip off total bullshit

Won MLB THE SHOW 2012 for the vita sealed on friday 6/1

got this today On 6/6

Sorry for the inconvenience, although you have paid in a timely manner Paypal has not released my funds because of their ridiculous policies. I had to borrow money from a friend in order to successfully buy and print the shipping labels.

Expect an update by tomorrow morning. Thank you for your time and consideration.

yea right the dude didnt have 2.80 to ship the fucking thing.. say im to have this today fuck them they can have their fucking bootleg back just filed a dispute

Slightly off-topic (but starting to lean this way) has anyone else noticed a significant rise in non paying bidders? Out of 8 auctions in the past two weeks, I've had 4 non pay and a 5th who most likely won't (it's been 4 days since the auction closed and I'm not holding my breath)

It doesn't seem like the non-paying bidders strike or whatever it's called actually does anything. I contacted ebay about this and one of the non-paying bidders had 12 strikes against him/her, and all ebay's reaction to it was "eh"

Does anyone know of any good alternatives to ebay?

[quote name='slidecage']LOL heres another scam rip off total bullshit

Won MLB THE SHOW 2012 for the vita sealed on friday 6/1

got this today On 6/6

Sorry for the inconvenience, although you have paid in a timely manner Paypal has not released my funds because of their ridiculous policies. I had to borrow money from a friend in order to successfully buy and print the shipping labels.

Expect an update by tomorrow morning. Thank you for your time and consideration.

yea right the dude didnt have 2.80 to ship the fucking thing.. say im to have this today fuck them they can have their fucking bootleg back just filed a dispute[/QUOTE]
Paypal/eBay does hold funds now for new sellers or sellers that don't list very often. I bought a PSP once, paid as soon as the auction was over, then 2 days later got an email asking me to go ahead and leave positive feedback so they could get the funds out to help cover medical costs for their nephew. Told them I was uncomfortable leaving feedback until the item was in my hands and I was satisfied with my purchase. Of course, I never got that PSP, and the seller was banned from eBay a couple weeks later.

[quote name='SlammedNiss']Paypal/eBay does hold funds now for new sellers or sellers that don't list very often. I bought a PSP once, paid as soon as the auction was over, then 2 days later got an email asking me to go ahead and leave positive feedback so they could get the funds out to help cover medical costs for their nephew. Told them I was uncomfortable leaving feedback until the item was in my hands and I was satisfied with my purchase. Of course, I never got that PSP, and the seller was banned from eBay a couple weeks later.[/QUOTE]

has 42 feedbacks and hes not saying he didnt get the cash .. he is saying he didnt have 2.80 to ship an item...

says its SEALED more like they are running from store to store trying to find a copy... also told it would be shipped first thing in the morning its almost 11am in new york and still have not heard a thing from them

[quote name='zach6923']So I called Ebay and they said that they don't have enough info on him to actually label him a scammer but they think he might be.

Ebay said that I should just wait til the 9th and then file a didn't pay claim. LOL which kinda sucks because I want that PS2 sold.[/QUOTE]

LOL - ebay isn't sure if this is a scam. I thought that Paypal only sort-of protects the seller if they ship to a confirmed address, anyway. Shipping to a second address is always a bad idea.

[quote name='poopants']Slightly off-topic (but starting to lean this way) has anyone else noticed a significant rise in non paying bidders? Out of 8 auctions in the past two weeks, I've had 4 non pay and a 5th who most likely won't (it's been 4 days since the auction closed and I'm not holding my breath)

It doesn't seem like the non-paying bidders strike or whatever it's called actually does anything. I contacted ebay about this and one of the non-paying bidders had 12 strikes against him/her, and all ebay's reaction to it was "eh"

Does anyone know of any good alternatives to ebay?[/QUOTE]

You can set up your auctions to exclude anyone with 2 or more strikes.

[quote name='kklems']He shouldn't need your paypal address so do NOT give it to him. If he was legit he could go through ebay or paypal by logging into his account and sending payment. Ebay/Paypal sends it to address on file. My guess is if you give him you paypal address you will get a fake invoice showing the item being paid for or the payment will come from a compromised account.[/QUOTE]

I've seen these guys on craigslist now too. One guy tried to ask for my Paypal account and offered me a lot of money on top to ship out an Ipad. One person claimed they were working in a church and was on a mission in another country and offered to pay $70 for shipping charges to ship my Vita to another country. The $70 on top of my sell price was more than the MSRP. lol.

bread's done
Back