Is this a valid excuse of why not to buy christmas gifts?

Magehart

CAGiversary!
I lost my wallet today and they said I won't get my debit/credit cards replaced till after christmas. I can't withdraw money without my license... and I can't get that till I can get into the Ca DMV... so... not for a while.

So no way to buy gifts = good excuse for not buying any for family :D ?

When something incredibly crappy happens to you, you may as well milk it for all it's worth. I got into a car accident the day before Thanksgiving and I've been using that excuse for everything.

I recommend telling everyone that you "owe" a gift to, and just tell them they'll get theirs after Xmas. Or ask a parent for money for gifts, and you'll pay them back when you get new cards.

wow i cant believe your bank wont reissue you a card till after xmas. PNC does it for me in 3-5 days. thats a sucky turn of events man. yeah do what citizenb said. a il get you back type excuse is better than telling them sorry i couldnt get you anything but thanks for the gift type thing.........

edit:had to edit grammer..i felt like i was typing like slidecage there for a moment. hehe

I think you should look into getting a account with another bank. What if you were in a emergency and needed money badly? Why is it taking them so long to get new cards for you and why haven't they set up a temporary way to withdraw your money?

sounds like you didnt want to buy them gifts in the first place, and you shouldnt have to, eventhough youre a dick. id borrow some money from mom or pops and just pay them back in a couple of weeks. youll feel bad after you get all those gifts and give nothing in return, otherwise, youre a big dick.

I agree with Reality's Fringe, it's a gift and anybody that expects you to give them something is the one being the dick (and you a little, but yeah, not as much as those greedy bastards if they're like "I got you a gift and you didn't get me anything?!").

While people shouldn't expect a gift, it'd only be proper for you to get something for people that you know are gonna be buying somehting for you (parents, siblings, girlfriend/spouse, etc). It need not be a costly gift, I'd at least spend some of the cash I'd have to get them a xmas card or something. Also why wouldn't you be able to get into the DMv sometime over the next 10+ days? I know DMVs often have craptacular hours but c'mon. Like someone else said, what are you going to do if a situation comes along where you really actually have to spend some money?

People shouldn't be expected to give gifts or expect to receive anything. You should only give gifts if you enjoy doing it.

Umm... how old are you OP? I just cant imagine someone being able to wait weeks just to get their license? Do you not need to drive anywhere? Especially during hte busy holiday season?

Sounds like the bank won't take the temp. license that the dmv will issue, which is a paper and photocopy black and white photo. It takes about 3 weeks to get the real license in the mail.

Just buy some cheap gifts and stop being such a cheap ass that even we are complaining.

And you should have bought them sooner.

[quote name='RegalSin2020']Retrace you steps you Cheapo. Duh you don't need your card toi withdraw money. Just use your pin number.[/quote]

I'd like to know your secret.

You haven't bought any gifts 10 days before Xmas? Not a very good excuse IMO.

[quote name='mr ryles']I think you should just go to the DMV and get your license back.[/QUOTE]

/thread

bread's done
Back