Is this guy legit?

minqqq

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
k well i'm in the market for an ipod, and amazon marketplace has a couple hp 30 gb ipods for 200. i was interested in this and i contacted a couple sellers about the condition of the product, if it's brand new out of box etc. i emailed two sellers and they both responded with the same message:

"Dear customer ,
The product is brand new in the box and it comes with the all accesories and 1 year manufactures warranty.If you want to buy it please send me you full name and address so i can call to amazon to approve our transaction .After that you will receive an confirmation from them with the all shipping detailes and payment method.Please mail me ASAP!
Thanks!"

does he really need my address etc? or is he a scammer of some sort? i don't do very many online purchases so i'm pretty paranoid about it all, and it would suck to lose 250. both sellers had 100% positive feedback. one guy with 1 feedback and the other with 5. if anyone has any helpful insight that would be awesome. thanks.

He's not legit. This happens on Ebay also, especially with electronics. They steal an account on Ebay, put up their product, then when you email a question they pull the bullshit that you described.

I wouldnt deal directly through him, sounds very suspicious.
Amazon marketplace makes it so that you can purchase it straight through their website and use amazon's checkout and everything, Amazon then sends the info and payment to the seller.

I have no idea, I've always wondered that too. On Ebay the emails I received always asked for name, address, payment and stated they were based somewhere in Europe. I sent around 10 questions one night on Ebay and EVERY response was the same, and the questions were to different Ebay members. Then I noticed about a week later the members were listed as no longer belonging to Ebay. Who knows what scam they're pulling.

not worth it.. try a free offer.. those are easier then getting scammed by some guy... but then again.. i feel a shuffle is perfect in terms of price-size... only bad thing is no display.. but i suggest a shuffle any day of the week.

"Dear customer ,
The product is brand new in the box and it comes with the all accesories and 1 year manufactures warranty.If you want to buy it please send me you full name and address so i can call to amazon to approve our transaction .After that you will receive an confirmation from them with the all shipping detailes and payment method.Please mail me ASAP!
Thanks!"
It's either:
A) A phishing scheme
B) The "Shipping details and payment method" will lead to another scam (Wire transfer to Europe, cash only, etc.).

[quote name='Cao Cao']It's either:
A) A phishing scheme
B) The "Shipping details and payment method" will lead to another scam (Wire transfer to Europe, cash only, etc.).[/QUOTE]

Or possibly something as simple as not being traced to a bad sale- a know, "Blah-blah didn't send my ipod!" "Blah-blah's account was stolen 2 weeks before you ordered, we don't know who you bought from. And since you didn't use our checkout, you're SOL, dude."

bread's done
Back