Is this Hori screen protector real?

joeshmoe

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I'm looking into ordering a screen protector for the PSP I just got, and was wondering if this was real or not:

$%28KGrHqJ,%21loE2D6HN%21QrBNuOBi7TQg%7E%7E0_12.JPG

Is this the real Hori screen protector or is it a knock off? If so, anyone know where I can buy a real screen protector that is good for the 3000 model?

I purchased that exact screen protector from my local Fry's last year. It's a real Hori screen protector that's made by Hori U.S.A. It's very difficult to put on properly without getting any bubbles and after taking it off more the twice to fix it I found that it wouldn't stick to the screen anymore. I couldn't get it to stick properly so I ended up not using it and getting something else.

If you don't mind paying more I'd recommend an invisible shield by Zagg. I wound up getting one to cover up my whole PSP and after over a year it still hasn't come off and my PSP still looks brand new. They are expensive but every so often they have coupons for 50% off. If you do choose to get one I'd recommend having it installed professionally since there's about 15 pieces and it involves spraying the whole system with some type of liquid and personally I didn't feel comfortable doing that.

[quote name='doppelgangerknight']I purchased that exact screen protector from my local Fry's last year. It's a real Hori screen protector that's made by Hori U.S.A. It's very difficult to put on properly without getting any bubbles and after taking it off more the twice to fix it I found that it wouldn't stick to the screen anymore. I couldn't get it to stick properly so I ended up not using it and getting something else.

If you don't mind paying more I'd recommend an invisible shield by Zagg. I wound up getting one to cover up my whole PSP and after over a year it still hasn't come off and my PSP still looks brand new. They are expensive but every so often they have coupons for 50% off. If you do choose to get one I'd recommend having it installed professionally since there's about 15 pieces and it involves spraying the whole system with some type of liquid and personally I didn't feel comfortable doing that.[/QUOTE]

where do you go to have them put on, i have a cheap one from amazon but it has mad bubbles

[quote name='adriley313']where do you go to have them put on, i have a cheap one from amazon but it has mad bubbles[/QUOTE]

I got mine installed at one of Zagg's mall carts. They charged $10 but I think they raised the price to $15 now. You can check here for any nearby mall's with Zagg carts. http://www.zagg.com/sellzagg/retail_locations/index.php

They only install their brand of shield and no one else's. I just mention it since I'm not sure if the one you have from Amazon is an invisible shield.

[quote name='adriley313']so you can buy it there and they will install it there?
may look into that

thx abunch[/QUOTE]

Yes you can buy it there and spend the extra for them to install it or you can just buy it there and install it yourself. It usually takes them 30 to 45 minutes to install it and afterword's you can't use the device for 24 hours.

It is more expensive then a regular screen protector but like I said I think it's worth since I never have to worry about my PSP getting damaged. If you want you can check their youtube channel for videos demonstrating the shield. http://www.youtube.com/user/ZAGGTV

thx
i suck at doing this so i dont mind paying extra and ill take your word. Also i googled them and they look pretty good.

I want to get a silver psp, so i may wait till then that way i dont invest in something i plan to sell

[quote name='adriley313']thx
i suck at doing this so i dont mind paying extra and ill take your word. Also i googled them and they look pretty good.

I want to get a silver psp, so i may wait till then that way i dont invest in something i plan to sell[/QUOTE]

Your welcome. I did the same thing and had it installed before I even used the PSP for the first time and over a year later it still looks like I just took it out of the box.

sweetness, i lov my psp but want the silver one as it looks way cooler.
now to find a new one at a decent price. and then im off to the nearest Best Buy to get this installed.

I got mine from play-asia.com which sells genuine japanese version of the Hori protector. But yea, the ones from Amazon are real too.

If you want to avoid bubbles make sure there is not a single spec of dust or dirt before you put the screen on. I have no bubbles or blemishes on my 3000.

Zagg on the left, Hori on the right.

DSC_0471.JPG

Edit: Hmm, it shrunk my picture. Here's the direct link: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9284282/Pictures/Gaming/DSC_0471.JPG

bread's done
Back