Is this Normal? CS runaround with my Power Supply

neilk

CAGiversary!
So I'm brand-new to the world of 360 -- just got one from Amazon on Wednesday (MFR date 2-1-08). It is a Falcon with a 175w PSU. I turned it on, everything works great, except when I turn it off, the PSU emits a loud, high-pitched whine. I did a little reading and it looks like a few people have had the same issue.

Anyway, I called MS to find out about getting a replacement and was told that I need to send them my faulty one to them -- at my expense -- and then wait "about 2 weeks" for them to send a replacement. Is this normal for MS? Every other company I know will send replacement parts first and send a prepaid label to mail back the faulty one.

Do I stand a chance calling back and asking them to send me the new one first? I think it's a bit ridiculous for them to expect me to pay MORE money and wait even longer for them to fix something that came straight out of the box.

Am I crazy? Thanks for any help/advice!

This is more of an Amazon/online reseller problem than anything. If you bought it from a store you could just return it and walk out with another one. I had the same problem with my elite, I bought it from Amazon and arrived red-ringing. So I had to deal with m$ but in my case they paid for shipping so to speak. In actuality they sent a prepaid box which I had to fill and ship back to them, that took roughly a week and then I had to wait a couple more to get it back. You could try calling back and getting them to send you a coffin but other than that I don't think there's much you can do.

[quote name='hollowfreak']This is more of an Amazon/online reseller problem than anything. If you bought it from a store you could just return it and walk out with another one. I had the same problem with my elite, I bought it from Amazon and arrived red-ringing. So I had to deal with m$ but in my case they paid for shipping so to speak. In actuality they sent a prepaid box which I had to fill and ship back to them, that took roughly a week and then I had to wait a couple more to get it back. You could try calling back and getting them to send you a coffin but other than that I don't think there's much you can do.[/quote]

You're right; I should've just gotten it from a B&M store. Just trying to save a buck on tax and now I've got to deal with the runaround.

bread's done
Back