Is this ps1 factory sealed legic ?

Vandal hearts looks like it was resealed. However it is still new since it has its white seal at the top, but not "Brand New," in my opinion.

[quote name='toocool17']Vandal hearts looks like it was resealed. However it is still new since it has its white seal at the top, but not "Brand New," in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

It's resealed by user or GameStop type ? You ever seen ps1 sealed like that before ? Btw even I been resealed . It's still worth collect ?

Its probably been resealed by gamestop or a store, I have seen many games resealed like that game before. Sometimes they are sealed like that if the wrapping was heavily torn before. Game is still collectable, but not worth as much, as factory sealed games.

[quote name='toocool17']Its probably been resealed by gamestop or a store, I have seen many games resealed like that game before. Sometimes they are sealed like that if the wrapping was heavily torn before. Game is still collectable, but not worth as much, as factory sealed games.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Im not resale them, just try collect those game that part of my child hood and keep them for ever.

The Fear Effect looks legit to me; I don't think too many people are going to fake Y-folds and original retail stickers just to create a $50 (New) game.

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']The Fear Effect looks legit to me; I don't think too many people are going to fake Y-folds and original retail stickers just to create a $50 (New) game.[/QUOTE]

so both game worth keeping, event vandal heart is reseal ?

[quote name='killersevens']so both game worth keeping, event vandal heart is reseal ?[/QUOTE]

I dunno, if you paid a premium for a reseal Vandal Hearts it's kind of like you got snookered. One good reason why people would pay more for a factory seal is that it's like a guarantee that the contents are mint and complete, with a reseal though it can be like you're getting a mystery box.

A further complication is whether or not the white strip you have up top was opened or not. I guess it's possible that somebody took off the wrap and never opened the game, then again I've heard stories of folks carefully taking off the strip and then replacing it.

Personally if I saw anything funny about the white strip or signs of wear on the inside I would open the game up; a Like New game might be worth $30, but if you find scratches on the disc you'd have grounds for a claim.

[quote name='Shadow Hado']It looks to have the official "white" seal, yes, but the shrink-wrap is NOT the factory sealed shrink-wrap.[/QUOTE]

How do you know?

Games come sealed like that. I had a copy of shenmue from dreamcast that was sealed like that.

Both games are legit factory sealed. Vandal Hearts was NOT Y-Fold sealed. I don't think Konami had a Y-Fold machine for double disc cases until a year later when MGS came out. Suikoden is not Y-Fold either and my Suikoden and Vandal Hearts are from Toys R Us so I know that's how it came.

I know this was 2 1/2 weeks ago, but every once in a while I remember this thread, and that I meant to clarify my original post.

First of all, I'd like to apologize. I have absolutely zero proof or evidence showing whether or not it was legit, and as such, I should have clearly stated something along the lines of, "it is my personal opinion that the game is not factory sealed," and I also could've pointed out some of the things that made me question its legitimacy, so that the OP could take a closer look.

I also could have edited my post with the above, ESPECIALLY since it was my very first post on CAG, but I want to leave it up to remind me why I don't post in ANY forums without specific details anymore, and how much of an ass I look like when I come out of nowhere with a statement like this.

Anywho, I hope you were able to find and compare with images of other authentically sealed copies of the game to prove me wrong- I really do. I would take absolutely NO pleasure in hearing that you found out it was resealed.

Thanks, and sorry again!

~~Nate

bread's done
Back