Is this really Amazons policy?

BaboonSqueezer

CAGiversary!
A few weeks ago I ordered an Xbox 360 4GB model for $199 and got a $50 amazon promotional credit which I received, and spent a few days later. One of the items I purchased with the credit did not work and I ended up returning it. However, a week then passed and I checked my order status and it showed "refunded 0.00" for the item I returned that hey had received back.

They gave me nothing back for the item I returned, not even the promotional credit back. It was only a $7.49 item, but if I knew they would not refund promtional credit, I just would have kept the broken piece of crap. I did send a message to Amazon CS (which WAS better a few years ago) and they said they do not refund promotional credits, I find that hard to believe for some reason.

[quote name='BaboonSqueezer']A few weeks ago I ordered an Xbox 360 4GB model for $199 and got a $50 amazon promotional credit which I received, and spent a few days later. One of the items I purchased with the credit did not work and I ended up returning it. However, a week then passed and I checked my order status and it showed "refunded 0.00" for the item I returned that hey had received back.

They gave me nothing back for the item I returned, not even the promotional credit back. It was only a $7.49 item, but if I knew they would not refund promtional credit, I just would have kept the broken piece of crap. I did send a message to Amazon CS (which WAS better a few years ago) and they said they do not refund promotional credits, I find that hard to believe for some reason.[/QUOTE]

That's the rule. Contact them again you should be able to get your money back in the form of amazon credit. As a rule of thumb, think of promotional credit as a coupon... Once you use it, you lose it.

Yeah the promotional credit will not be refunded. I've had that happen to me but by asking nicely they were able to issue me a new credit.

It's never refunded, Try chatting with a rep. Sell your sob story or get angry enough and you should get it back.

That happened to me once with a $20 credit. I honestly didn't know that was the case, so in my confusion, I emailed them and they that's the case but they'll make an exception and just refunded me the money.

So just act like you didn't know that's what would happen.

bread's done
Back