Is this Sega Core system legit?

Not really sure what your question is. The Genesis was never a "high-definition" gaming system per say. The best system cord you could probably get would be an s-video cord.

[quote name='wargod']Found this auction, but why is there a "high definition graphics" Genesis being packaged in a "non high definition" box? Isn't it against Ebay policy to list an item as being new and then falsely representing it? (assuming that is the case) Anyone know if a HD Genesis was ever packaged in a non HD box?

http://cgi.ebay.com/SEGA-GENESIS-CO...Video_Games&hash=item33645841a6#ht_6785wt_804[/QUOTE] You are certainly correct. Not only is this system incredibly over-priced, but its a re-seal. The seller RPGARCANA is highly frowned upon on Sega-16 for his overpriced re-seals.

[quote name='SlammedNiss']Not really sure what your question is. The Genesis was never a "high-definition" gaming system per say. The best system cord you could probably get would be an s-video cord.[/QUOTE]
This was before HD. When they wrote it on the Genesis they just meant "Really Good Graphics".

[quote name='Capsuledragon']This was before HD. When they wrote it on the Genesis they just meant "Really Good Graphics".[/QUOTE]
Yes, I know. I had a G1 Genesis and it was nowhere near what HD is. I just don't understand the nature of the OP's question. What makes the box in question a non-HD box?

[quote name='slidecage']LOL he calls that new.. any fool and repackage a system and call it new.[/QUOTE]

You should buy it and file a claim that it has been opened... yet listed as new in the description

[quote name='SlammedNiss']Yes, I know. I had a G1 Genesis and it was nowhere near what HD is. I just don't understand the nature of the OP's question. What makes the box in question a non-HD box?[/QUOTE]

HD was because it was 16 bit. All others were 8 bit or less.

As for this auction I see nothing other than the plastic that says HD. I think later ones said on the system HD Graphics but this system and the box don't say it. The only thing is the plastic that the system is in. Someone should send eBay an email telling them that this is open so can not be new. Wonder what would happen.

[quote name='sendme']As for this auction I see nothing other than the plastic that says HD. I think later ones said on the system HD Graphics but this system and the box don't say it. [/QUOTE]
? It says it right there on what would be the top of the system.

PC130026.jpg

Again, what makes the box in question a non-HD box?

[quote name='SlammedNiss']? It says it right there on what would be the top of the system.

PC130026.jpg

Again, what makes the box in question a non-HD box?[/QUOTE]

It has nothing to do with actual graphics capabilities.

I think the issue here is the system in the "Core" box didn't have that text on the console, while the older versions of the system had "High Definition Graphics" written over the cart slot.

[quote name='SlammedNiss']? It says it right there on what would be the top of the system.

PC130026.jpg

Again, what makes the box in question a non-HD box?[/QUOTE]
Original Sega Genesis models had High Definition Graphics on them. It was later removed for some reason. If you look at the pictures, we have a console with HDG written on it, but the box shows a console without HDG on it. It doesn't match. The box is a later revision because it has no game. All early Genesis consoles came with Altered Beast or Sonic 1. (or possibly Sonic 2)

What a huge scam. This is probably the least desirable Model 1 system package and he's trying to get $800+ for it? You can't even get close to that much for a truly new unplayed Model 1 with Altered Beast, and that's the one everybody wants. Maybe he figures if he leaves it on eBay for 20 years eventually someone will buy it. Or maybe someone with more money than brains actually does buy crap like this from him.

bread's done
Back