Is this standard procedure?

LiK

CAGiversary!
hey guys, i ordered a new copy of a game from gamestop.com and they accidently sent me a used version instead. i called them up and the CSR guy said they would send me a replacement and i can keep the old one. i thought that was quite nice but is that standard procedure?

i'll have to see if they send me a new copy or another used copy...

[quote name='LiK']hey guys, i ordered a new copy of a game from gamestop.com and they accidently sent me a used version instead. i called them up and the CSR guy said they would send me a replacement and i can keep the old one. i thought that was quite nice but is that standard procedure?

i'll have to see if they send me a new copy or another used copy...[/QUOTE]

that is odd. What game is it? Maybe its cheaper and less of a hassle to do it this way than having you send it back

[quote name='fart_bubble']that is odd. What game is it? Maybe its cheaper and less of a hassle to do it this way than having you send it back[/quote]

def jam icon, they probably have tons of them left. altho i might just call them again tomorrow to double check if the replacement is on its way.

[quote name='Froogin']Who cares? It's a free game you can give a friend or trade on Goozex.[/quote]

i care, and i wanna see if other guys here got the same offer from them whey they make the same error

Never heard of it between new & used, but there has been threads on here about people getting the wrong game and being told to keep it while getting the right game.

It's probably due to it being cheaper for them to just send a new one & write it off instead of shipping the right one then paying you to send the wrong one back.

[quote name='tangytangerine']Never heard of it between new & used, but there has been threads on here about people getting the wrong game and being told to keep it while getting the right game.

It's probably due to it being cheaper for them to just send a new one & write it off instead of shipping the right one then paying you to send the wrong one back.[/quote]

cool, thanks. i guess that's how it works.

btw, cool gamertag :)

If for nothing, maybe they sent you a 'newsed' copy. That being a new copy which was originally from a store but was one of the gutted display copies they use in store. Either way, as others said, you have a free game to trade or sell or whatever. I just hope you used the free shipping code(SAVER) to make this an even better deal.

bread's done
Back