is this true or not is there a law that you cant return a blu-ray to the store i was told that there was one

S

starmask2k3

I was going to return a blu-Ray to a store it is still sealed and I was told that she couldn't because there was law that we can't return blu-Ray or movies back to the stores is that true or not true

I was going to return a blu-Ray to a store it is still sealed and I was told that she couldn't because there was law that we can't return blu-Ray or movies back to the stores is that true or not true
If it was sealed with a receipt they should have taken it back, it is not allowed to return open media due to piracy. Employee may have confused the two.

1118807_a751d65ba5.jpg

That's BS. I return sealed movies on a regular basis ... any time the price drops, I rebuy and return on the original receipt, if it is still with the return window.

Nothing even remotely illegal about that. Most stores only balk at open movie returns but even that isn't illegal. Depending on how the consumer protection laws are in your state, they might even be legally required to give you a return window.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think its the 8th Amendment to the Constitution.  Something about the right not to return movies.  Of course, its an older law, so it only applied to VHS at the time, but under case law the concept still holds true with newer technologies.

It depends on which studio released the movie. Some studios have agreements with stores where customers cannot return a blu-ray after they bought it. DVD is okay though.

It depends on which studio released the movie. Some studios have agreements with stores where customers cannot return a blu-ray after they bought it. DVD is okay though.
Wait what?

This still smells suspicious? What the hell store are we even talking about? If the receipt says X days and its been X or less and its sealed, they are legally obligated to give you your money back.

Store Walgreens movie Jurassic World also the lady said she was  told that at a Wal-Mart store because she was returning a movie

Last edited:
You could try emailing corporate about that particular store, you could try simply calling but then you risk getting the same dumbass who thought it was illegal. At least if you directly get in touch with "Mr. Walgreen" himself, they'll either set you straight or more likely set the store straight on return policies.

You could try emailing corporate about that particular store, you could try simply calling but then you risk getting the same dumbass who thought it was illegal. At least if you directly get in touch with "Mr. Walgreen" himself, they'll either set you straight or more likely set the store straight on return policies.
Do you know the email address

http://www.walgreens.com/topic/shophelp/returns_help_main.jsp

Q: What is Walgreens in-store return policy?

A: Items purchased at Walgreens may be returned to any of our stores within 30 days of purchase for exchange or refund. With original receipt, items will be returned for the full purchase price and refunds will be issued in the original method of payment. Without original receipt, items will be returned at the lowest advertised price and refunds will be issued as store credit to a W card. For any return, you will be asked for valid photo identification. We reserve the right to limit or refuse a refund. Gift cards, pre-paid cards and phone cards cannot be returned or exchanged (except where required by law).

NOTE: This policy does not apply to prescriptions or contact lenses.

Q: Are there any products I cannot return?

A: We cannot accept returns of sexual wellness or seasonal products. If you have any questions, call Walgreens.com toll-free, at 1-877-250-5823.

I don't see why you wouldn't look it up online and just go back and talk to a manager.

http://www.walgreens.com/topic/shophelp/returns_help_main.jsp

Q: What is Walgreens in-store return policy?

A: Items purchased at Walgreens may be returned to any of our stores within 30 days of purchase for exchange or refund. With original receipt, items will be returned for the full purchase price and refunds will be issued in the original method of payment. Without original receipt, items will be returned at the lowest advertised price and refunds will be issued as store credit to a W card. For any return, you will be asked for valid photo identification. We reserve the right to limit or refuse a refund. Gift cards, pre-paid cards and phone cards cannot be returned or exchanged (except where required by law).

NOTE: This policy does not apply to prescriptions or contact lenses.

Q: Are there any products I cannot return?

A: We cannot accept returns of sexual wellness or seasonal products. If you have any questions, call Walgreens.com toll-free, at 1-877-250-5823.

I don't see why you wouldn't look it up online and just go back and talk to a manager.
Thanks for the information this part may hurt me

We reserve the right to limit or refuse a refund

Last edited:
All stores have something like that. It's so they can turn down idiotic requests like someone trying to scam them or commit fraud. This shouldn't apply to your case based on what you've posted, or it'll look super bad for them. Raise hell (be assertive but not an ass), get what you deserve.

Quality post starmask
With his history on here, nothing surprises me from him anymore... Remember years ago going back and forth and getting screwed on a possible trade deal. That I still remember him from all that. Years later there was some thread where he was gonna be in New York or something and was asking forum members to house him or something like that. He got a lot of grief over that... Good times...

Wow, I'm used to his nonsense in the steelbook thread but that story takes it to a whole other level of doltishness

This has nicely been brought to his attention before but like any constructive criticism, forum etiquette tips, he just continues with his doltish ways. Whats worse is when people try to stick up for him. He has the notorious rep he does for a reason

I know I probably won't get an intelligible answer but I am wondering if you were ever able to return the movie

bread's done
Back