Is this true?? Sony PS3 40GB Back Compatable?? Best Buy

ElJeffA

CAGiversary!
Saw this on the best buy website. I did not think that the new 40GB had Backward compatability ?? They may have just copy and pasted from previous product specs.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8588584&type=product&id=1190677842792&AID=10474050&PID=249294&URL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bestbuy.com%2Fsite%2Folspage.jsp%3FskuId%3D8588584%26type%3Dproduct%26id%3D1190677842792

"Plays your old PlayStation 2 and PlayStation games, DVDs and CDs, so you can merge all of your entertainment into one machine "

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Someone at PSU forums who works at Best Buy I believe, knew who to contact is the issue is getting solved. Enough with these stupid PS3 threads.[/QUOTE]

Quit your whining dude. Seriously, just ignore the PS3 bashing if it offends you so much. Posting in here just bumps the thread up and fuels the fire.

You don't get it; but you're actually one of the biggest contributers to the PS3 bashing.

How confusing to the average consumer. If I were a normal Joe, I don't think I'd be aware at all what I'm actually getting with my product.

Makes me wonder if that confusion is something Sony is intentionally creating.

The Best Buy writers suck ass. This is like the Rock Band "misprint" where it came with all instruments at the MSRP of $60 If they can't get their descriptions written properly they need to fire someone.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Someone at PSU forums who works at Best Buy I believe, knew who to contact is the issue is getting solved. Enough with these stupid PS3 threads.[/QUOTE]

When Sony stops being stupid WITH the PS3, gamers will stop being stupid ABOUT the PS3.

[quote name='Shivy']How confusing to the average consumer. If I were a normal Joe, I don't think I'd be aware at all what I'm actually getting with my product.

Makes me wonder if that confusion is something Sony is intentionally creating.[/quote]

Im not the average comsumer. Im a hardcore videogame addict.

And if I wanted to buy a PS3 tomorrow, I'd have to site down and do some serious research so I knew exactly what I was getting into.

If I'm not sure what the differences are on the seemingly dozens of different PS3 models, then the average consumer doesn't stand a chance.

bread's done
Back