Is this TV a good deal?

It's not an awful deal at all, but remember you are dealing with a company that usually only deals with Best Buy. Westinghouse is a Best Buy brand and is somewhat unknown. The specs look terrific though so it's difficult. I bought an Olevia 2 years ago thinking that the off brand didn't matter to me. I absolutely love my TV but the company filed for bankruptcy recently and now I don't know if I'll have any support if anything happens. Keep that in mind, especially during this economy. You're going to start seeing MANY unknown companies go out of business and Westinghouse fits that description perfectly.

If you NEED an HDTV right now, I say go for it. If you can wait about a month or two when the giant retail stores put things on sale for the holidays, then do that. It's going to be a bad time for retail this year and I'm betting that things like electronics will be discounted heavily.

Insignia is BestBuy's brand, Westinghouse is owned by CBS.

Their monitors/LCD tvs generally receive fairly good reviews, so it looks like a pretty good deal. Personally, I'm waiting until Black Friday and beyond because it seems that with the economy we'll see some really nice prices post thanksgiving.

Westinghouse does NOT only deal with best buy! sky's link isn't even to bestbuy.com
Do you have it confused with Insignia?

I agree that waiting for holiday sales might be better, especially to see what happens since the economy is a mess

i bought a 32" westinghouse lcd a couple years ago and i love it.
id buy another one without hesitation.

insignia rebadges other brands i believe their dynex brand does so as well.

Is it me or does it seem weird that TV is 1080p but only has one HDMI port, also was it a refurb I quickly checked the product page and did not see if it was.

[quote name='ajh2298']Is it me or does it seem weird that TV is 1080p but only has one HDMI port, also was it a refurb I quickly checked the product page and did not see if it was.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's really weird that and so are the 2 DVI inputs it has. I've never seen an HDTV with only 1 HDMI input but 2 DVI inputs... on top of all that, it's even got a VGA input.:whistle2:k

Yeah, that's one of the negatives is only 1 HDMI port. But my 360 doesn't have the HDMI and I don't have a PS3 (yet) so I won't be using it anyway. And it's brand new.

[quote name='skychotic']Yeah, that's one of the negatives is only 1 HDMI port. But my 360 doesn't have the HDMI and I don't have a PS3 (yet) so I won't be using it anyway. And it's brand new.[/quote]

Could always get an HDMI splitter if you really need two HDMI ports.

bread's done
Back