Is Toys R Us trade in site dead?

theblizzman

CAGiversary!
I have been trying to get to their toys r us trade in site for the last four days and it looks like it is down. I also can no longer find a link from their website to the external site. Does anyone know if this is now dead?

[quote name='theblizzman']I have been trying to get to their toys r us trade in site for the last four days and it looks like it is down. I also can no longer find a link from their website to the external site. Does anyone know if this is now dead?[/QUOTE]

I know Toys R Us is ended their partnership with Gamers Factory and is looking another company to handle their trade-ins now. Some local stores still do trade-ins but you would have to go in the store to get any ideas of trade-in credit.

Gamers Factory site has been down for the same amount of time and re directs to some advertisement so I wonder if something happened to them which caused TRU to no longer use them for processing the trades.

I would be annoyed if I had any pending trades with them either on their site or through ToysRUsTradeinCenter.com since there is no way to see what happened to them now.

I hope TRU does get another company as good as Gamers Factory. Their values were really great for the most part, except towards the end when all PSP and PS2 games only traded in for $0.10, even newer games like Madden 2012.

Anyone know of any update? I had some pending trades with TRU and GamersFactory, had some extra inventory I needed to dump. I have a feeling I am not gonna get paid or get my games back.

[quote name='prim4444']I know Toys R Us is ended their partnership with Gamers Factory and is looking another company to handle their trade-ins now. Some local stores still do trade-ins but you would have to go in the store to get any ideas of trade-in credit.[/QUOTE]

How do the local stores determine the TIV?

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Gamers Factory site has been down for the same amount of time and re directs to some advertisement so I wonder if something happened to them which caused TRU to no longer use them for processing the trades.

I would be annoyed if I had any pending trades with them either on their site or through ToysRUsTradeinCenter.com since there is no way to see what happened to them now.

I hope TRU does get another company as good as Gamers Factory. Their values were really great for the most part, except towards the end when all PSP and PS2 games only traded in for $0.10, even newer games like Madden 2012.[/QUOTE]
Honestly, their tiv's in general were ass. Even newer titles were getting $15 at most after only a month. That's just absolutely ridiculous.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Honestly, their tiv's in general were ass. Even newer titles were getting $15 at most after only a month. That's just absolutely ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

that's cause you did it wrong. Some of us weren't just flipping newer titles and TRU was a viable alternative on random older titles.

Yeah for older games, they were great. I bought Steel Diver for $4.99 from BBY, didn't like it and was able to trade it in for $12.25 so I got more than double what I paid and got a free rental. At the time, sealed copies were selling for less than that on eBay. Plus all the other old games they sometimes gave twice the amount Amazon would.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Yeah for older games, they were great. I bought Steel Diver for $4.99 from BBY, didn't like it and was able to trade it in for $12.25 so I got more than double what I paid and got a free rental. At the time, sealed copies were selling for less than that on eBay. Plus all the other old games they sometimes gave twice the amount Amazon would.[/QUOTE]

Just went to tRu. They are still taking games. I suspect their database is never gonna get updated so values held. They aren't high enough to attract the flippers but a good way to get rid of some older stuff.

Yeah. I knew about some of the older stuff getting higher tiv's. The last one I tried was Eye Of Judgement for PS3, which was I think $4 from GS and getting $12-15 a copy at TRU. It's near impossible to find copies of EOJ at GS though.

Unfortunately the employee trying to scan in my copies of it saw the GS stickers and said they 'don't take secondhand games'.:lol: That made me laugh, since all used games you're gonna trade in are fuckin' secondhand. I think it was just cuz those copies of EOJ were from the bundles n had Not For Resale in place of the barcodes and they were too fuckin' lazy to manually look them up.:roll:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Yeah. I knew about some of the older stuff getting higher tiv's. The last one I tried was Eye Of Judgement for PS3, which was I think $4 from GS and getting $12-15 a copy at TRU. It's near impossible to find copies of EOJ at GS though.

Unfortunately the employee trying to scan in my copies of it saw the GS stickers and said they 'don't take secondhand games'.:lol: That made me laugh, since all used games you're gonna trade in are fuckin' secondhand. I think it was just cuz those copies of EOJ were from the bundles n had Not For Resale in place of the barcodes and they were too fuckin' lazy to manually look them up.:roll:[/QUOTE]

There is no way to manually look up a game. If the games do not have a barcode, it can not be traded in. This is where the trade in site was useful, you could have gotten a upc from the website then used that when doing your trade-ins in store for those games that didn't have a upc.

[quote name='prim4444']There is no way to manually look up a game. If the games do not have a barcode, it can not be traded in. This is where the trade in site was useful, you could have gotten a upc from the website then used that when doing your trade-ins in store for those games that didn't have a upc.[/QUOTE]
The funny thing is it wasn't even the fact that they didn't have barcodes that they couldn't be traded in. It was because they were 'second hand' since I didn't remove the GS stickers for once.:whistle2:#

A lot more employees just don't seem to have any common sense anymore...

I've taken back plenty of games with GS stickers on them, even games from blockbuster. The only requirements for trade-ins were that they had to have the cover art, instructions, and the disc could not be cracked. Someone could have scratched their name in the disc and I would still take it.

Systems are another story. As long as they had the cables and one controller, you could trade it in. That was the only requirement. We did not have to test the system to see if it worked. I've had so many DS systems traded in I knew for a fact didn't work, but hey, I'm following the rules.

[quote name='prim4444']Yes, but it's just not worth it[/QUOTE]

The values very low? I was thinking of trading in some low value items and I remember TRU used to be pretty good for those.

The values are bad for the most part, a lot of older games are getting $0.30 now. And now some games they won't take at all if they are worthless (when it was run by Gamers Factory I never saw that happen).

Off the top of my head these were some values to give an idea (I either kept the games or took some to Best Buy when they had the 100% bonus)

Flingsmash game only, $0.71
Guitar Hero 3 360, $0.30
MLB 2K7 PS3, $0.30
EA Active game only Wii, did not accept (trade in at Best Buy was $6 with the bonus)

Maybe newer games are better though

They even took the sticker from the door that says they take trade ins. I'm surprised they still bother with it since no one would ever know you can trade games in there unless you have in the past.

bread's done
Back