Is Twilight Princess being discontinued?

Well Skyward Sword is coming out soon and the game probably stopped selling a while ago, so they probably have.

Being discontinued? I thought it was discontinued a long time ago.

I honestly would not be surprised for a launch title like TP to have had a huge production run, to the point where even if it had been OOP for a year or so, retailers still had stock.

I wonder if there is any demand for the Gamecube version? I have a sealed copy of that somewhere. I have the Wii version also, but I opened and played that when the Wii launched.

Gamestop has been out of stock and they told me in-store that they wouldn't get any more new copies. OOP. I got hold of a used copy.

[quote name='bennihana123']I'd love to play the Gamecube version. Mirror world of the Wii version I believe[/QUOTE]

The gamecube is the original. They flipped it around for the Wii version.

Thanks. It makes me wonder why Nintendo is so weird about their pricing. Something like NSMB or Star Successor drops in price, but a launch title like Twilight Princess stays at $49.99 for its entire lifetime.

I was asking because I had to use my gaming coupon at K-Mart and thought that was a good thing to use it on. Course, now I look at GameStop's web site and they've dropped the used price to $27.99. (It used to be $44.99 last I checked...)

NSMB Wii dropped in price? Aside from a few drops to $40 and the few days it was $35 back in June (thanks, GameStop.com Father's Day Sale screw-up, netting a copy for $17.50) it's steadily been $45+.

Sin & Punishment was a pretty niche title, and sold about as well as Metroid Other M, which also plummeted in price pretty quickly. If you want a case of "why the hell didn't that plummet?" look at Samurai Warriors 3 for the Wii. Terrible reviews, pretty bad sales (I think, I don't remember the numbers), coupled with piss poor marketing (correction, really no marketing), and yet it's still $45+ at most places as of the last time I checked.

Twilight Princess did what most Nintendo titles did: Hovered around $45+ for years. I honestly do not remember it ever really dropping, except during the recent sales at Amazon (and by recent, I mean like 2-3 months ago at minimum). When's the last time Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros, or either Super Mario Galaxy game dropped below $35 or so?

[quote name='TheLongshot']Thanks. It makes me wonder why Nintendo is so weird about their pricing. Something like NSMB or Star Successor drops in price, but a launch title like Twilight Princess stays at $49.99 for its entire lifetime.[/QUOTE]

It was because of all the people wanting it mainly because of the softmod associated with it. It was also nice that it was a good Zelda game too, but that's what helped it keep its price.

And yeah I agree Nintendo 1st party games have been weird some maintain super high prices, some come out and 3 months later people can't give'em away cheap enough....weird. =/

[quote name='Altanis']NSMB Wii dropped in price? Aside from a few drops to $40 and the few days it was $35 back in June (thanks, GameStop.com Father's Day Sale screw-up, netting a copy for $17.50) it's steadily been $45+. [/quote]

It is currently $40 on Amazon, and I've seen it on sale a few times for $35.

Sin & Punishment was a pretty niche title, and sold about as well as Metroid Other M, which also plummeted in price pretty quickly. If you want a case of "why the hell didn't that plummet?" look at Samurai Warriors 3 for the Wii. Terrible reviews, pretty bad sales (I think, I don't remember the numbers), coupled with piss poor marketing (correction, really no marketing), and yet it's still $45+ at most places as of the last time I checked.

S&P was the one that frustrated me. I thought in general that Nintendo didn't drop prices, so I felt pretty safe buying S&P for $30. Then the price dropped. :roll:

Twilight Princess did what most Nintendo titles did: Hovered around $45+ for years. I honestly do not remember it ever really dropping, except during the recent sales at Amazon (and by recent, I mean like 2-3 months ago at minimum). When's the last time Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros, or either Super Mario Galaxy game dropped below $35 or so?

I did buy SMG2 from Dell for $35 (and money back from Bing).

I wish Nintendo would bring back Player's Choice. I own the GC version of the game and wouldn't mind trying it out on the Wii, but I don't want to spend $50 either.

[quote name='uncle5555']It was because of all the people wanting it mainly because of the softmod associated with it. It was also nice that it was a good Zelda game too, but that's what helped it keep its price.

And yeah I agree Nintendo 1st party games have been weird some maintain super high prices, some come out and 3 months later people can't give'em away cheap enough....weird. =/[/QUOTE]

Aside from Samurai Warriors 3 and possibly Metroid Other M (although once the reviews and such came out about Other M, it was obvious that it would plummet in price), I think it's pretty easy to judge whether a Nintendo-published title will stay at MSRP or drop. There's just some series that don't drop (Pokemon, anything Mario, etc) except for the occasional sale, and then there's everything else, which will drop over time.

Like I said, really the only surprises this gen to me are that Samurai Warriors 3 is still $45+ everywhere considering how terrible of a game it sounds, and that Metroid Other M is bargain bin level now, although like I said, once it hit that the game had a bug and everything, you knew it would plummet.

And it's not just the Wii games. It's the same with DS games. Mario Kart DS has been out for 5 years, and still everywhere has it at $30+ new. Hell, Amazon's only dropped it to $25 a few times (and for short periods at that). There are just some games that are going to hold their value pretty much no matter what, and then there are games that will plummet. For the most part though, I think it's pretty obvious which ones will drop and which won't.

[quote name='TheLongshot']It is currently $40 on Amazon, and I've seen it on sale a few times for $35.[/quote]
You're proving my point actually. Thank you though. A few times on sale is what I said was the case. It hasn't steadily dropped though.

S&P was the one that frustrated me. I thought in general that Nintendo didn't drop prices, so I felt pretty safe buying S&P for $30. Then the price dropped. :roll:
Sin & Punishment Star Successor didn't surprise me. Very few people in the US even played the original, and I expected sales to be pretty bad. Unfortunately, for niche games, it can get the best reviews ever, but that doesn't equate to sales.

I did buy SMG2 from Dell for $35 (and money back from Bing).
You're still not saying anything really to defend your statement. I got SMG2 for $37 (and got to use $20 in credit on it). My point was that decently-selling Nintendo titles stay around $50 except for the random sale here and there (or during general Buy X Get Y sales).

[quote name='62t']The gamecube is the original. They flipped it around for the Wii version.[/QUOTE]

Yup. I don't like the level design of the wii version at all. At certain levels are just weird since you don't see things the same way they're presented in the Gamecube version. You can definitely tell the GC version was the original. I'm pretty sure nintendo has even commented on the fact the wii version is an inverted version of the GC version.

[quote name='Sk']Yup. I don't like the level design of the wii version at all. At certain levels are just weird since you don't see things the same way they're presented in the Gamecube version. You can definitely tell the GC version was the original. I'm pretty sure nintendo has even commented on the fact the wii version is an inverted version of the GC version.[/QUOTE]

Yup, they have. TP was always a Gamecube title; it was held back a year due to some dev issues and the fact that Ninty wanted to incorporate Wii functionality.

Haven't played the Wii version and still have no desire to do so. Played it on the GCN and loved it.

Also, for purists, Link is left-handed so seeing him hold that sword on the right side is a little weird. Yes, Ninty just inverted the game on the Wii. That's how you can tell. In the GCN version, Link holds the sword in his left hand (the way it should be -- Miyamoto is left-handed, BTW).

All that said, I AM looking forward to the next Zelda on Wii. Sure, he'll be right-handed probably, but at least that one is being built from the ground up on Wii -- should be a solid game.

My only issue right now is the HUD -- it's a mess right now. They need to clean that up.

[quote name='romeogbs19']Sure, he'll be right-handed probably[/QUOTE]

You're nuts. There are billions of things more important than this. Where you buy soap is more important this. People baffle me sometimes.

[quote name='moothemagiccow']You're nuts. There are billions of things more important than this. Where you buy soap is more important this. People baffle me sometimes.[/QUOTE]

That would be because people are idiots with absolutely no lives outside virtual reality.

Amazon apparently has a bunch in stock for $46.99. Not sure if that's a sign that more were printed or if they just happened to find more in stock or something.

I saw some in-stock at Wal-Mart today. It's still a very good game despite not being very original.

The Cube version is definitely the superior version as you get some camera control that definitely makes the world feel bigger as well as making it harder.

[quote name='Organization_XIII']That would be because people are idiots with absolutely no lives outside virtual reality.[/QUOTE]

That's some CAGs for you. Some, I said. Don't send me death threats, people.

bread's done
Back