Is Wii Classic Controller Compatible using Gamecube games on Wii???

rhenzhen

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
Hello guys, I just want to ask if Wii Classic Controller is compatible using gamecube games on Wii? Im planning to buy some gamecube games to use it on Wii. I've never own a Gamecube and there are some exclusive gamecube games that i want to play on Wii... Just wondering if Wii Classic Controller is compatible using gamecube games... Also, is the regular gamecube controller compatible with Wii too or just the Wavebird controller? Thanks for your help.

No. Once you choose to play a Gamecube game on the Wii, the Wii 'reboots' itself as a cube. You cant even get it to go back to being a Wii without getting up and pushing the reset button on the console itself.

Nope. GC games will require the GC controller.

Any type of GC controller will work on the Wii. Whether Wii games use it or not depends on the game, but the GC controller can be used for all Wii VC games.

[quote name='Puffa469']No. Once you choose to play a Gamecube game on the Wii, the Wii 'reboots' itself as a cube. You cant even get it to go back to being a Wii without getting up and pushing the reset button on the console itself.[/quote]
Okay. Thanks! What controller do you have to play gamecube games on Wii? Wireless Wavebird only?

[quote name='EXStrike']Nope. GC games will require the GC controller.

Any type of GC controller will work on the Wii. Whether Wii games use it or not depends on the game, but the GC controller can be used for all Wii VC games.[/quote] I see. Thanks! I really appreciate your help guys!

[quote name='rhenzhen']Okay. Thanks! What controller do you have to play gamecube games on Wii? Wireless Wavebird only?[/quote]

I use my Wavebird, but you can use corded controllers too.

This should be in Strell's FAQ. I'm at work right now, but I can't imagine this information is not found in the manual for the system.

bread's done
Back