is world of warcraft available anywhere besides ebay?

ill

CAG Veteran
Feedback
1 (100%)
I've been looking all over for a copy of this game, and it's nowhere to be found. Does anyone have any suggestions of unlikely places I might be able to find it at?

There's some at my Gamestop. They came in yesterday but are still there. You just have to check around.

Edit: Santa Cruz, CA

The Blizzard store has been putting up a number of copies per day. It sells out, but if you check in at the right time you can snag yourself a copy through them.

Otherwise, I had to use Gamestop's and EB's inventory tracker to find a store and drive an hour to get mine.

From what I've been reading, Blizzard is pulling what copies they can off of shelves. Due to some problems they've been having with their servers. So their waiting until they can add a few more servers, and guarantee server stability

EBgames.com has it.

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/210351.asp

You might want to wait until the server issues are gone though. We get disconnected all the time and there is frequent mutliple-hour maintenence. (over 3 hours tonight)

Also, from a Blizzard press release, the did not tell anyone to pull it off the shelves, but they did stop sending copies to retailers. Basically, at this point, once a store is sold out, they're sold out (unless their own warehouse has some), until the servers are fixed for good.

As myself and 3 friends were checking out games in EB during our lunch today, the manager told an employee to "take out 4 copies and put them on the shelf". We bought three of those copies so they most certainly are out there, but either places are truly holding them back, or seeping them out real slow.

EB online has teetered between listing them as available and backordered so if you're interested, I'd grab it from their site before it goes away.... just be prepared for the current instability and queues.

bread's done
Back