Is XBL Down right now?

Bazz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
42 (100%)
So is the service down right now. I got a message saying it will go down at 1am PST, but thats not now so anyone have any idea?

I'm glad it's not just me. I thought my 360 finally shit the bed, because I had such troubles connecting and then when it appeared I was connected to Live, my console would lock up.

[quote name='Dingleberry']coincidently... so is majornelson.com[/QUOTE]

How convenient , His buddy E must have gave him a heads up .

[quote name='defiance_17']I'm glad it's not just me. I thought my 360 finally shit the bed, because I had such troubles connecting and then when it appeared I was connected to Live, my console would lock up.[/quote]

Wow. Me too on all accounts. When I did manage to "half-connect" it freaked out and froze.

I was so sure my 360 shit the bed that I nearly followed suit.

[quote name='registered']If you try to login to www.xbox.com right now that is messed up too.[/quote]
yea i was trying that. i cant go on my xbox360 at the moment but since i just got forza 2 ill just play offline if i go on and it doesnt work and try to get some achievements/advance and unlock cars.

Lives messed up for me as well. Its weird though since a few of my friends are still logged on (use bungie.net it works fine)

With Halo 3 and COD4, XBL has to be experiencing some insane numbers right now. I wouldn't be surprised if they've reached new highs lately.

Ever since Halo 3 came out the service has been shakey.

I was about to post a thread about this, but I wasn't sure if it was just my problem. I got to log on for a second a few minutes ago, so I tryed to download something and it worked I knew I was connect. None of my friends were online which is really odd, but I then went and tryed to play TF2 and it disconnected me from Live and froze the xbox blade. I also tested my connect after and it said that xbox live is up, and I was able to connect, but when I try to sign it just keepings trying for minutes

[quote name='Richlough']In guess our Fall Update is right around the corner . :)[/quote]

Wishful thinking.

They're probably just adding some redundancy to accomidate the increased number of users thanks to the "holiday season" sales rush. Here's to hoping that if they started early they can finish early too! :roll:

Well they are late for the fall update...but i'll be surprised if the "Update" blade shows up tomorrow morning.

I just got home and still have some work to finish up so i guess im not playing COD4 tonight :(

phew....i thought it was the import copy of GH III that I got from gogamer!!! I was about to play it and look for downloadable content when it crapped out and then xbl stopped loading...hope it is up soon...

[quote name='joe2187']Well they are late for the fall update...but i'll be surprised if the "Update" blade shows up tomorrow morning.

I just got home and still have some work to finish up so i guess im not playing COD4 tonight :([/quote]

I've seen a few gaming sites reference an early December date for the update, but I'll be very happy if they do it now. I'm curious to see what they include this time.

You should put a poll asking how many people thought their 360 went bad.

I was one... and it somewhat angers me that the system has become so famous for breaking down that we've become prejudiced, and the first thing we think is that it's about to die.

MajorNelson posted earlier that Xbox Live and Xbox.com would be down from midnight to 2 am, and that it was NOT for the fall update.

No clue why it's down now though.

Well, I hope it's back up when I get home tonight (stupid students wanting a nice comprehensive review for the next exam...). I want to play some Halo or GHIII tonight!

oooooooooooooo if this update bricks my system, I can take it back to microcenter for another exchange instead of forcefully Red Ringing it. then I can get a system to play Halo 3 again since my current 360 refuses to play halo 3 :(

I wonder why Xbox live has been so messed up the last couple of days...hopefully whatever there doing now and tomorrow will make it more stable. I'm tired of having COD4 multiplayer play so glitchy along with sending/receiving messeges, etc.

[quote name='joseraul']You should put a poll asking how many people thought their 360 went bad.

I was one... and it somewhat angers me that the system has become so famous for breaking down that we've become prejudiced, and the first thing we think is that it's about to die.[/quote]

Here here! -- can we get such a poll going??

[quote name='ChaoticClimax']TF2 has been laggy as shit for me, I thought the game just sucked. Are you guys saying that ever game is fucked right now?[/quote] I've never had a game that lagged or dropped so much. I gave up on TF2. Sad 'cause it had a lot of promise. Oh well.

I got on at almost 1am and played till a little after 4am when Xbox Live went down. I kinda wish they'd do that every night so i'd just go to bed rather than staying up to watch the sunrise while playing CoD4. Still wouldn't get more sleep though because now i'm lurking here. :D

[quote name='Xbox-Scene.com']
On Tuesday November 13th from 0000-0200 PT our engineering team will be performing server maintenance.
Specifically, Xbox.com maintenance will begin at 0000 while the Xbox LIVE service maintenance will begin at 0100.

That means you can stay on LIVE until approximately 0100.
Click this link to find out what time the maintenance will begin in your time zone

Both Xbox.com and Xbox LIVE will be available again at 0200.

This is for maintenance only, there will be no new features that will appear on Xbox.com, your dashboard or Xbox Live when we return to service. It's not time for the dashboard update...yet.

[/quote]

there

Live has been really slow for me all day, can't play most matchs and have got kicked off a couples times randomly

Played a game of Madden about an hour ago with no problems. Then a few of my friends started messaging me and the dashboard lag was CRAZY for all of us. We tried to play CoD4 but it kept giving errors about you must have active online connection and not letting you join lobbies. Also barrack leaderboards were taking forever to show up. Something is messed up on their ends since my boys been playing most of the morning they said.

i think it has something to do with the new zune software they released today, the zune site is part of the Xbox live, and everything microsoft related right now is having a seizure

[quote name='joe2187']i think it has something to do with the new zune software they released today, the zune site is part of the Xbox live, and everything microsoft related right now is having a seizure[/QUOTE]
that is the worst reason I have ever heard.

[quote name='M1C13']that is the worst reason I have ever heard.[/quote]

well, ive tried playing the games and nothiing is working with me, getting lagged up like crazy, so i decided to install the new software and its going on 45 minutes at the installation screen...so right now I have no idea whats going on but microsoft is doing something.

lol I was in school and my friend thought he was banned from xbl for saying something I won't mention. Then I remembered this thread so I told him..the end.

I just tried uncessefully to play CoD4 online. I got thru one match and my 360 froze at the end match screen. Then I either couldnt get in, or my console would freeze again.

They must be having a record number of users on Live or something. I wish they would have anticipated this demand, and now I wish they would frakking fix it already! :bomb:

bread's done
Back