Is your Best Buy using display cases now?

emceelokey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
I went into my local Besy Buy buy the Bouldvard Mall in Las Vegas and noticed that all of the PS3 and 360 games over $50 were in slimline display cases with photocopy inserts. I didn't even bother looking at the 360 games anymore. Not only that but there wasn't even anything in the "overstock" glass case that they usually have somewhere in the front of each section. I hate display cases in smaller stores like TRU because you never know what's actually instock and in TRU they have a designated, closed off section that has a register inside it for this stuff and I still don't trust that but BB? Now that's not something that I even want to try to deal with.

My store has been doing this for about 6 months now. I don't care really. My Best Buy never has any game you want unless it's full price and popular. I never understand how all you guys ever find clearance games at BB anyway.

Mine has been using display cases for a while. The only problem with it is when you take it up to the register and then you have to wait for the cashier to get it. Their media room was a mess and no one wanted to alphabetize it.

I've backed up the line a few times. I even made some old guy behind me mad because he wouldnt wait. He was yelling at me saying I shouldve gotten it back there (in the video game section). I told him that I have to bring the game up to the cashier to get it and he just didnt want to listen... sigh.

Lol sounds like a major pain in the ass for both the employees and customers. Was there too much thefts last year?

[quote name='emceelokey']I went into my local Besy Buy buy the Bouldvard Mall in Las Vegas and noticed that all of the PS3 and 360 games over $50 were in slimline display cases with photocopy inserts. I didn't even bother looking at the 360 games anymore. Not only that but there wasn't even anything in the "overstock" glass case that they usually have somewhere in the front of each section. I hate display cases in smaller stores like TRU because you never know what's actually instock and in TRU they have a designated, closed off section that has a register inside it for this stuff and I still don't trust that but BB? Now that's not something that I even want to try to deal with.[/quote]
go vegas cags ... the BB on west charleston also had the display cases. had to look at them a couple of times before it dawned on me. so i'm alittle slow. ya wanna fight about it :D. haven't found any clearanced games either.

[quote name='bullsrfive']Lol sounds like a major pain in the ass for both the employees and customers. Was there too much thefts last year?[/quote]

I would think it more practical to switch back to a glass/lock display case, than have everything in the back.

bread's done
Back