Issues downloading updates from Live. Help!

hx214

CAGiversary!
Feedback
38 (100%)
Wondering if my xbox is about to go, or if something is going on with Live right now.

It started last night, I logged on and it took a lot longer than it usually does to sign in. Then when I did sign in, I went to watch a clip on Mass Effect 2 and it told me the marketplace was unavailable. Went to play a game and it had an update. I tried to update the game, the bar took FOREVER to load and at the end it said, UNABLE TO DOWNLOAD UPDATE, then it wouldn't let me connect to Live anymore. Turned off the console fired it up again tried again and nothing. Tried again and nothing. Kept giving me UNABLE TO DOWNLOAD error, and won't reconnect me to Live. Each time I ran the connection test I got a different response to what was wrong... One told me I was blocking ICMP files, another said Modem was blocking Live... ETC. So I cleaned my cache files, and restarted the modem and router about 3 different times, and still nothing..

Flipped over and played a football game against my cousin (he didn't have problems but didn't check the marketplace either...) played a full game on that without a problem. Flipped over to try Operation Flashpoint again, gave me the error UNABLE TO DOWNLOAD, then on the test told me I didn't have my xbox connected to the internet..... Restarted and tried one last time before I was going to give up and it downloaded fine, and we played for about 3 hours without a problem.... My cousin had no problem downloading the update and he is only 2 towns over

Got online today to watch a movie on Netflix and because I cleared my cache I have to get the update for it and now it won't update. Marketplace still isn't letting me do anything, and the connection error that the test gives me is completely different every time.... BUT It still signs me in on the dashboard and in game online play is unaffected...

I haven't changed settings on my computer. My firewall is open. My xbox's cache is clean, ports are forwarded. It's worked fine daily up until yesterday.

Anybody have any ideas? (I'm hoping xbox is updating stuff or something...)

It's happening to me as well...I could not check my download history and now i can't download an update for a game.

bread's done
Back