Issues w/ Gamedealdaily.com - resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

paragon11

CAGiversary!
CAG, please let me know your thoughts.

I sent in a package worth of stuff to GDD (PSP with 3 games) on 11/7/08 using Priority Mail w/ Delivery Confirmation. The package arrived at his post office on 11/10, but he didn't pick it up until 11/13, which is no problem. What I do have a problem with is he has yet to respond to a couple of my emails since 11/13 and PMs asking him if everything is fine with what I sent and to remit my money via PayPal. He's made some posts on this board for updated deals since the day he picked it up, so I know he's online w/out any issue accessing the 'net.

Matt, I don't know what the deal is on your end, but I came to you because I had read so many good things about you here on CAG. I was even thinking about throwing some of that cash back your way at some point for some of your games, but I'm really starting to think twice about it. As you all may know, chanster had some similar issues with a package being "lost" despite his DC saying that it was delivered (http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198822). I don't want to suspect I'm in this boat, but I feel like I'm getting the cold shoulder. You run a business, at least email back with a updated status or something.

Here's my C&P from the USPS site to prove it was delivered...

Label/Receipt Number: 0308 2040 0001 5079 2603

Your item was delivered at 4:37 PM on November 13, 2008 in NEW HUDSON, MI 48165.
Thanks all! Matt, I really do hope to hear something from you soon though. I didn't want to take it public, but I feel like I have to so you'll respond.

Terry

Last edited by a moderator:
Trades outside the site cannot be moderated here but I will give my advice after dealing with a deal that took way too long. Communication with the seller is essential for working out a resolution which you have attempted. It's only been 4 days. Continue to attempt contacts and wait a couple more days. Something unexpected may have come up in his life as we all face issues. I hope this works out for the best.

Maybe his business is too large and he has a backlog of e-mail and orders to fulfill.
(A theory)

Sounds like this guy is biting off more than he can chew if he can't reply to an email but is more than able to pick up the item from the post office.

i think it takes like up to 5 days to get back to you. I sent in 2 items and wondered where my cash was... Few days later the cashed showed up...

give him a few more days and email him again

Keep in mind that we hardly ever see threads like this, and he probably receives several dozen packages a week. This isn't exactly a common thing, and DrFeilGood will probably do everything he can to try to fix it.

[quote name='Access_Denied']Keep in mind that we hardly ever see threads like this, and he probably receives several dozen packages a week. This isn't exactly a common thing, and DrFeilGood will probably do everything he can to try to fix it.[/quote]

I think he will, but how hard is it to return an email? If he can post here on CAG about his new deals (and not respond to my PMs here), he can respond to his email just as easily.

Terry

Pretty hard when you're running a business? Also his PM box is almost assuredly full, dude. It hasn't even been a week. If I was him I'd pay you and just not deal with you again afterward. You're far too impatient.

I've sent quite a few packages to him, and never had a problem. I've sent over $200 worth of games to him, and got my payments.

You just don't seem patient enough. It's been barely a week since he received your package. Give him a couple of days, he has alot of orders, and runs a busy website (by himself, so you try sorting through everything he has to on a daily basis, and then feel free to come back and respond about [ I don't see how he can't answer a simple e-mail ]).

Everytime I sent something in, I was paid, even chanster got full store credit - it took about a week to be paid (first package was three days, second package was about 5-6 days, and the third package was over a week, since that's when he just got new computers, and didn't have Excel or anything else installed yet to fulfill the trade-in's and orders).

So, to be blunt... give him a few days, you'll get paid. I don't doubt the only reason you even posted this, was because of chanster's post.

Well, when you include the following line in one of your emails...

"Your payment will be sent once the game has been received." and you don't get it when it has been received, one starts to wonder.

I'll give him a couple of more days.

Terry

One could construe that to mean the second the package meets his hands, money is transported through the air from his top hat into your han-stop it.

You can't "give him a couple of more days", when you've already went public with your issue. There isn't really much worse you could do.

If you ever do a trade on CAG, are you going to freak when you don't get your item the second it's shipped?

Now in a week or so there's nothing, then you bring the lynch mob, but for now, it's jumpin the gun.

[quote name='paragon11']Well, when you include the following line in one of your emails...

"Your payment will be sent once the game has been received." and you don't get it when it has been received, one starts to wonder.

I'll give him a couple of more days.

Terry[/QUOTE]

Yea give him a few more days. Like Legend said this dude pretty much runs this website by himself. The send in game service is probably more popular then he thought it would be so he may be super busy ATM. Keep us updated though Paragon.

Mods, please close.

My apologies for being too trigger happy. Any future dealings, I will give a 7 day window upon receiving.

Thank you again!
Terry

[quote name='Bronson-Lee']One could construe that to mean the second the package meets his hands, money is transported through the air from his top hat into your han-stop it.

You can't "give him a couple of more days", when you've already went public with your issue. There isn't really much worse you could do.

If you ever do a trade on CAG, are you going to freak when you don't get your item the second it's shipped?

Now in a week or so there's nothing, then you bring the lynch mob, but for now, it's jumpin the gun.[/quote]

I do lots of trading on other boards, and they rarely take more than a week to complete. Be in sports cards, DVDs or video games. Issue is closed and lesson learned on my end.

Thanks.
Terry

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back