It has almost been a year now...who has NOT used their warranty?

seanr1221

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
I bought the year warranty at Gamestop on November 22 for 40.00

However, my system has had no problems, I'm really shocked.

I actually might use the warranty though...might as well get a brand new piece of hardware, and then buy another year warranty and do the same thing next year :bouncy:

Anyone else out there never had any problems?

I haven't yet amazingly.
Course It's only been 11 months for me, but I've been using the console on average of 25+ hours a week.

dude, i wouldn't just replace it if i were you. It's a real pain in the ass i've heard about getting all your profile/games back

[quote name='elsnow77']It's a real pain in the ass i've heard about getting all your profile/games back[/QUOTE]

no it's not. it takes a minute or two.

[quote name='AshesofWake']no it's not. it takes a minute or two.[/QUOTE]

Yea it should just be linked to my gamertag online. I know this means I wont be able to play my full arcade games when I'm not signed into Live, but over the past year I have only not been signed in twice....sooo yeaaaa.

I'm waiting for some people to replace their's just to cash in on their warranty and have their new ones crash...

I'm still doing fine here. Didn' waste the money.

[quote name='psychobrawler']I'm waiting for some people to replace their's just to cash in on their warranty and have their new ones crash...

I'm still doing fine here. Didn' waste the money.[/QUOTE]

hah that thought went through my mind, but I am getting a warranty on the other system. Oh and how many days do you have on the system when you get it from gamestop that they will just replace it? Like say you bring it home and it crashes in a couple days?

I had to get a 1 year warranty as part of a bundle, and I'll be using it soon. My 360 does freeze sometimes and makes some really loud screeching noises during startup. Hopefully I'll be able to trade it out at GameCrazy without too much trouble, and I'm signed in to Live all the time, so the Arcade games won't be too much of a problem.

i just need my warranty exchange last night. my 360 has been freezing a lot this year and my stupid nephews knocked off my 360 about 3 or 4 times at least while the system was on in its vertical position.

I got mine in July, and I've had no problems so far...although I've only played for 50 or 60 hours total probably (not including watching movies).

Didn't buy one, no problems so far.

How long are the 2005 360's covered for by MS's new policy to fix them for free?

the only reason i wouldn't do this, is because stupid comcast is always having their shitty internet coverage go down. So, i wouldn't be able to play my arcade games

i havent used mine, but i bought the 1 year in april... i am probably going to get a new one in april and just swap the hard drives..

well for those worried about xbox live games mygamecrazy said i would be able to keep my same hd. i bought a 2 year warrenty and i purchesed my system april fools day

i got the sams club warranty so im covered for another 2 years. i didnt use it yet but in 2 years i will.

Got my new system today and noticed a few things.

Sounds quieter
Power brick cable has 2 prongs instead of 3
the power brick doesnt "click" into the actual system (if that makes sense)
disk tray looks different
disk tray goes in and out MUCH faster

Our is doing fine... got it in April and it's been without any major errors thus far. It did freeze a few times, had 10-15 DREs, but at least it's works.

I just got mine in September, and I only have problems with Dead Rising. A lot of people apparently do also, so I suppose its not a big deal.

Bought mine back in April, have had no problems with it and I play at least 20 hours a week.

Didn't bother with an extended warranty, they're ok till you try and claim on it, then it's all excuses and fine print.

This is amazing. A couple days after bragging about how awesome my launch 360 is, it completely dies on me while playing Call of Duty 3, Thankfully, I bought the extended 3 year warranty on launch night, which doesn't expire until 2008.

I have had mine a year and a day now, and have had only one minor problem with having to recover my gamer tag, but that has been all. The thing even took being spiked to the hard wood floor without a problem (other than the case popping open, a few surface dents and face plate and HDD being flung and covered with soda...).

Haven't used mine yet, but I don't use my system much either (not that it's a bad system, I just don't have the time).

Will somebody explain what the deal with XBLA is? Some of you mentioned something about them and Xbox Live if you swap your old 360 out for a new one. I'm not sure what you're talking about.I've had mine since August. Never a DRE, just a couple random freezes along the way. (I have the two year warranty.)

I got mine at launch and it's never had any problems, but I nearly had a heart attack the first time I got red lights on the front (from the AV cable being unplugged/set wrong). ;)

[quote name='Rig']Will somebody explain what the deal with XBLA is? Some of you mentioned something about them and Xbox Live if you swap your old 360 out for a new one. I'm not sure what you're talking about.I've had mine since August. Never a DRE, just a couple random freezes along the way. (I have the two year warranty.)[/quote]
When you buy a Live Arcade game, it's keyed to the system you download it on. In order to access it on another system, you have to be signed onto Xbox Live on the profile that purchased it. So, if you get a new 360, you will only be able to play them while that gamertag is signed into Live, unless you get it fixed.

Edit: Killed the first sentence. I should actually *read* thread titles...

bread's done
Back