It Never Ends -- More "MGS on 360" Rumors

Why do people care so much I don't even think the game is that good. What the hell is the point its not like a new series where new players can jump in to it. I think when they start developing there next mgs that one will matter because it will be a new trilogy in the making.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/10/16/japanese-business-journal-removes-mgs4-on-xbox-360-quote/

Here we go, for the umpteenth time: A quote published by Japanese investment research firm Morningstar that Konami was "actively looking" to bring MGS4 to Xbox 360 has now dissapeared from the record. This comes to light on the same day that Microsoft's Software and Services VP John Schappert said that the Xbox 360 could run the game.

GameCyte details that the Kabushiki business journal, which is owned by Morningstar, now quotes a different Konami rep. and completely ignores the topic. The company is calling the new article a "second appearance" rather than a correction.
Another one bites the dust.

Having already played & beaten MGS4 I want to make something clear:

1) The game can be done on 360, it would simply need about 4-5 discs.

2) It's not all that hot. It's alright if you're a diehard MGS fanboy who gobbled them all up since the beginning. Then again, if you are such a fanboy you already own a PS3 and have beaten the game countless times.

If you've gone this long without MGS4, then you can go your whole life without it. There's tons of better games out & coming out on 360.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']While it's extremely unlikely, it would be an interesting idea to have games come on their own harddrive (or to have harddrives with packs of games pre-installed).[/quote]

Oh, I was just kidding, but I could possibly see something along the lines of pre packed hard drive games.

[quote name='taint mcgee']Why are people so anti-disc changing/switching?[/QUOTE]

This is America, and in America we shouldn't have to get up to do something that technology should be able to do for us.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']Having already played & beaten MGS4 I want to make something clear:

1) The game can be done on 360, it would simply need about 4-5 discs.

2) It's not all that hot. It's alright if you're a diehard MGS fanboy who gobbled them all up since the beginning. Then again, if you are such a fanboy you already own a PS3 and have beaten the game countless times.

If you've gone this long without MGS4, then you can go your whole life without it. There's tons of better games out & coming out on 360.[/quote]
You are correct on all points. I am one of those guys who bought a PS3 just for MGS4. The game wasn't that great and if it does get port, great for the xbox people who want to play it. I kinda wish they would port it already or say they will just so these rumours would stop popping up.

[quote name='whoknows']This is America, and in America we shouldn't have to get up to do something that technology should be able to do for us.[/QUOTE]

I remember back in the days of those things called Laserdiscs having to get up and FLIP or CHANGE the disc every 30-60 minutes or so. So quit your whining about having to change one simple DVD every few hours. :lol:

I'm all for it on the 360. The more games that come out for all the systems, the better. Besides, if you don't want it, don't buy it.

Something tells me MGS4 will make it's way to the 360. Figure that by now, the majority of MGS4 sales will be a portion of new PS3 owners. Not everyone is into it and the used market will take any more bite out of new sales. 360, for 360 only players, would sell just as many, if not more, then the current scenario.

I'm all for multiplatforming though

[quote name='Demolition Man']I remember back in the days of those things called Laserdiscs having to get up and FLIP or CHANGE the disc every 30-60 minutes or so. So quit your whining about having to change one simple DVD every few hours. :lol:[/quote]

Laserdiscs were awesome. There's still a lot of hot shit you can only get on LD.

[quote name='eswat']Baldur's Gate.

5 discs.

Still an awesome game.

Stop whining.[/quote]
Also Baldur's Gate 2 was 4 disks (5 if you include the expansion) and it was also awesome.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Dude this isn't Gamefaqs gtfo.[/quote]

Yeah, this is CAG, where new posters are ridiculed out the ass!

[quote name='grifter_mcgraw']Yeah, this is CAG, where new posters are ridiculed out the ass![/quote]

Write a blog about it and cry.

bread's done
Back