It pays to visit new places...

sonarrat

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
I have just about exhausted all the EBs, Gamestops, and Gamecrazys I know. But I went on an oceanographic cruise out of Redwood City for a college course I'm taking, and as long as I had gone on the long drive up there, I stopped by an EB and Gamestop.

Gamestop had a used copy of Bust-A-Move 3000 (Gamecube). This game has been on my want list for months; I had NEVER seen a copy anywhere in any condition before. It didn't have a manual, but the disc looked like it had never been used. $29.99 + tax was a deal. I'll be playing it until late tonight!

Then I went to the EB. I spotted a Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow strategy guide - one of those nice Doublejump novel-like delas - that had a sticker reading $0.00. Then I scanned the racks - there was a new BG&E (GCN) for $17.99 that I passed up, two used copies of Goblin Commander (GCN) for $24.99 each that I also passed up, but there were two new open-box copies of Lost Kingdoms II.

Well, he let me have the guide for free because that's what the sticker said, and he sold me their last SEALED copy of Lost Kingdoms II. Considering that more than half of the game's print run went to Blockbuster, I think that's a seriously excellent find. The price sticker on it still read $49.99, but it was $19.99.

Pretty good find espically with the guide.I picked up complete Bust Mvve3000 recently. That game is next to impossible to find in NYc.

[quote name='sonarrat']I have just about exhausted all the EBs, Gamestops, and Gamecrazys I know[/quote]

That's next to impossible to do here with over 50 gamestop and ebgames within a 10 miles radius.Go type 10002 zio cide in the gamestop store aviablitity locator.One of the Eb and Gamestop I know is like a gold mines of rare games.Every time I go over there is something rare like Valkyrie Profile,Dragon Warrior 7,Star Ocean Second,Lunar,PTO IV,Marvel Vs Capcom 2,FireFighter FD,World of Outlaws,Classic Nes Mario,Einhander,Arc the Lad Collection,Mars Matrix,Baulder's Gate Dark Alliance and some other rare stuff.

[quote name='sonarrat']Then I scanned the racks - there was a new BG&E (GCN) for $17.99 that I passed up.[/QUOTE]

That wasn't smart... those for a bit of money from time to time.

[quote name='sonarrat']there was a new BG&E (GCN) for $17.99 that I passed up,
[/QUOTE]

Wait,beyond good and evil is 17.99?I bought mines for 12.99 before discount card even with the 14.99 price tag.After reading this you should prolly call them to make sure its 12.99 before going back up there.

It pays to visit new places...

True. I finally found Pilotwings for SNES and Cobra Triangle (though I can't get it to load) at a GameCrazy that was a little out of the way from my normal paths. I've been looking for Pilotwings for a while, now. I f I see it complete w/ box inexpensively somewhere online, I might get it again, however.

[quote name='fatbeer']Wait,beyond good and evil is 17.99?I bought mines for 12.99 before discount card even with the 14.99 price tag.After reading this you should prolly call them to make sure its 12.99 before going back up there.

[/quote]

I would bet $5 bucks your floor is abestos. Dont chip it. =)

[quote name='fatbeer']Wait,beyond good and evil is 17.99?I bought mines for 12.99 before discount card even with the 14.99 price tag.After reading this you should prolly call them to make sure its 12.99 before going back up there.

[/QUOTE]
It was a new copy, not used.

I love going out of town and scouring the stores for deals... the CC sale from this year for instance... my store had nothing at all... but in 2 trips out of town have came across 2 CC's that had tons of the sale games unmarked and mixed in with the regular games... found Genji out of town, astro boy at a Sears out of town when none of the 4 around me had it... pays to look around sometimes

[/QUOTE]

It was a new display copy, not used. Also, it was from the EB, sorry if that was unclear. Even now EB and Gamestop have different prices for stuff.

bread's done
Back