It took 108 years but this is finally home of the World Series champs Cubs!

ryosnk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Chicago's Very Own thread

9/11/ 2010 Meetup - at Galloping Ghost Arcade - Brookfield IL
top row:shieryda, CAG 79, ryosnk, slowdive21, mrosnwo, chi.bri
bottom row: Blackout, Ruben (ryosnk brother), dpac andWeaponX2099
chicagocags.jpg

Home of the 2013 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Home of the 2009-2010 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Hello, I am a Chicago guy so I would like to start a Chicago thread so maybe we can help each other out by letting Chicago area cheapasses find cheap deals.
:D

-Saturday, April 5 at 3PM Dunaly's on the Square 3137 W. Logan Blvd.-

7/31/2007
Would anyone be interested in a CAG Chicago meet up at game works (in woodfield)? They have a special for $10 on thursday for all you can play from 9 to midnight.

More info here: http://www.gameworks.com/events_deta...?location_id=6

HOME OF THE 2005 WORLD CHAMPION CHICAGO WHITE SOX
sox1.gif

20176977.jpg

Chicago member List (Now I know who gets my games :wink: j/k)

akilshohen
Apossum
Birbo
bobo2k4
Chickenhawk
Darkside Hazuki
Dpac
EdS25
FlipSide
Flybrione
Gameboy415
heffaji
JJAPPLE
jaykrue
jonnyfivealive
Johnny Postman
Jonny Polychronopoulos
Loserboy
mario23air
Maynard
Minqqq
peccosan
Prepster
Ragingbull2380
Rig
rly723
Rocksolidaudio (1up located in San Francisco)
ryosnk (Addison and austin)
SEGA128DC
SeraphiMichael
shadd01
shieryda (located near Six Corners)
Slipknot9762
souNReAL
Stoneage
tmei03
tqm11
Vicious
Walt Jay
Watchman
WeaponX2099
Wiseguy

Here are some little known stores in the Chicagoland area.

VideoGames Etc.
4351 N. Harlem
Norridge, IL 60706

Gamerz Garage
6128 Cass Ave
Westmont, IL 60559

Message originally posted by ryosnk on 04-19-2004 at 05:31 PM:

I'm going to be a dad! 10/02/07

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited 3/25/08 at 1:40am

last edit 8-21-08 5:12pm

Last edited by ryosnk; 09-12-2008 at 01:12 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 09-25-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 10-01-2008 at 03:00 AM.
8/27/2010
GO WHITE SOX AND CUBBIES! Maybe next year!

Last edited by a moderator:
While selection varies from location, I found Half Price Books (go figure) has really good deals on games. Lots of games are either 5 or 10 new while Gamestop charges 15.

This is for the one in the Deefield/Highland Park area. I don't know about elsewhere though.

[quote name='DRCOOL']While selection varies from location, I found Half Price Books (go figure) has really good deals on games. Lots of games are either 5 or 10 new while Gamestop charges 15.

This is for the one in the Deefield/Highland Park area. I don't know about elsewhere though.[/QUOTE]

I love 'em and make a circuit of them all every few months. Haven't been to the one that just opened in Orland Park, though. The new coupons for next week went out too.

[quote name='dfg']I love 'em and make a circuit of them all every few months. Haven't been to the one that just opened in Orland Park, though. The new coupons for next week went out too.[/QUOTE]

That one is pretty nice. Not any real rare stuff yet.

[quote name='Blackout']Does anyone know any pet shelters in the city to unload a cat at?[/QUOTE]

Treehouse and Feline's Inc i believe are both no kill shelters.

I was at the Blockbuster in Aurora (1901 W Gelena Blvd) and they had about 6 to 7 pre-owned Mass Effect 2's for $25, brutal legend for $7 (not the original case and no manual) and splinter cell: conviction for $35. This was just for the Xbox 360, ENJOY!!!!

Hey everyone I am a chicago cag just thought I throw in some pics of the parade for the hawks and a pic of sir stanleythat I was able to take. Just thought you guys might get a kick out of it. Sorry the pics are so big I had a hard time getting them on to the post.

SCUPsmall.jpg

2010-06-11124316.jpg

The story is kind of funny my stepmother works at a Drs office. The doctors office deals with alot of chicago athletes inculding some of the hawks. So they had a private viewing for the employees (immediate family only). I qualified as immediate family so she invited me to come check it out. I got pretty lucky wasn't expecting it at all.

But did you get any photos with the Cup? Were there players at the doctor's office when they brought it, or did they just bring the Cup by?

Pretty cool, either way.

^ Looks residential to me; maybe the employees were brought to the Cup. If I ever had my chance, I'd try to top Draper's kid and pee in it.

Okay, not really.

yeah I got some photos with it but I don't think anyone wants to see my ugly mug in a post. There were no players there unfortunately. I believe that that someone from the front office got there day with the cup and invited the employees of the Dr office over to view it. The cup was at someones house out at hoffman estates. We didn't find out till that day

Nice finds slowdive. I should start going to yard/garage sales more often. The best deal I found so far was a Lionel train set from 1985 mint condition for 30 dollars. I'm making a train table city set for my son.
He loves waiting with me on the metro stop for his mom and seeing all the trains go by, he is 2 years old.

Slowdive that was a great haul! Was that the Zelda limited collection with Orcainia of time and majoras mask? If it was that by itself is a huge find. The cosby show sealed also great find. What suburbs do you usually go to for garage sales ?

[quote name='navson']Slowdive that was a great haul! Was that the Zelda limited collection with Orcainia of time and majoras mask? If it was that by itself is a huge find. The cosby show sealed also great find. What suburbs do you usually go to for garage sales ?
[/QUOTE]

Yup, the promo disc! I would prefer not to put my exact location (I don't want to get robbed by a lurker), but I am North of Chicago.

[quote name='ryosnk']I know we always say this but let's actually do another meet up.[/QUOTE]

Was the last meet up at that pizza place or did I miss one?

I would really like to trade some guides if you guys have some of the ones I need. The ones I want aren't really worth paying the price to ship them! (Like Manhunt, Manhunt 2, Army of 2 40th day, Metal Gear 4, etc)

[quote name='shieryda']With all of the festivals this summer, we should be able to do something. Or even go for tacos, or something.[/QUOTE]

Maybe we should have the first annual CAG burrito eating contest!

[quote name='slowdive21']I would really like to trade some guides if you guys have some of the ones I need. The ones I want aren't really worth paying the price to ship them! (Like Manhunt, Manhunt 2, Army of 2 40th day, Metal Gear 4, etc)[/QUOTE]

That's pretty funny as I have a guide for the original Manhunt that I have absolutely no use for and have no problem getting rid of (one of the few penny guides I went for long ago). As for food, I love me some burritos, but I wouldn't mind some smaller (and cheaper) tacos, either; as long as they're awesome, it's all good. :D Swap meet/get-together sounds fine. StarCraft II LAN parties work for me, too.

OK, no cheap talk here. We have to set something up in the next few weeks. We always say we're going to have a meet up, then it never happens. Let's make it happen this time.

[quote name='slowdive21']^^^I would prefer it not being on Thursday or Friday just because I garage sale those days.

What days work for you guys?[/QUOTE]

Tuesday night doesn't work for me for the next two weeks after this one, but I can work around things most other days (or nights).

[quote name='ryosnk']Ok I'm down for some tacos or burritos. Where at and would a Monday sound good?[/QUOTE]

Mondays tend to be mixed for me so I'm partial to Wednesdays (at least for the next month), but float a date or three and we can figure out which works best.

[quote name='dpac']Mondays tend to be mixed for me so I'm partial to Wednesdays (at least for the next month), but float a date or three and we can figure out which works best.[/QUOTE]

What about September 6 or 8 and I'm not sure where is their a decent mexican restaurant expect on the south side so what about at Five Guys at Oak Park?

Anyone else have any other ideas?

[quote name='tmei2006']http://www.gallopingghostarcade.com/
Galloping Ghost Arcade
9415 Ogden Avenue
Brookfield, IL 60513

Grand Opening Weekend August 14th and 15th[/QUOTE]

I have seen this place before driving by and they did have alot of arcade machines by the window.

[quote name='tmei2006']http://www.gallopingghostarcade.com/
Galloping Ghost Arcade
9415 Ogden Avenue
Brookfield, IL 60513

Grand Opening Weekend August 14th and 15th[/QUOTE]

Oh, dude. We HAVE to have our meet-up there. I'm out of town this weekend, but we definitely need to check this out. If we do it on a Friday, I can meet you guys there after work (I work out that way, anyways).

Five Guys works for me, too. I don't think we have plans for Labor Day, so I should be around.

[quote name='slowdive21']^^^
It is $15 to get in and you can stay "as long as you like" according to the dude I just spoke with. Grand opening is this weekend.[/QUOTE]

In that case, I'm taking a sleeping bag and a cooler. As long as we all play 60 games each, we'd be getting our money's worth.

This places seems our best bet, since the young 'uns can go, too.

Oh man! What luck! I live right next to that arcade! In the end, is anybody trying to go to Galloping Ghost for their grand opening Saturday/Sunday?

Excellent find on that arcade. I know I don't post in this section. But I would love to attend a CAG mid-west meet up especially at this arcade. It sounds a lot like Nickel City, but without the Nickels and a better games list.

Weekend or weekday? That's what we need to decide first. Let's make this one happen, guys.

I'll pm Cheapy to see if we can get some CAG schwag to give away.

[quote name='shieryda']Weekend or weekday? That's what we need to decide first. Let's make this one happen, guys.

I'll pm Cheapy to see if we can get some CAG schwag to give away.[/QUOTE]

And if we have a head count I can try to work out a group discount with the arcade.

bread's done
Back