It took 108 years but this is finally home of the World Series champs Cubs!

ryosnk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Chicago's Very Own thread

9/11/ 2010 Meetup - at Galloping Ghost Arcade - Brookfield IL
top row:shieryda, CAG 79, ryosnk, slowdive21, mrosnwo, chi.bri
bottom row: Blackout, Ruben (ryosnk brother), dpac andWeaponX2099
chicagocags.jpg

Home of the 2013 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Home of the 2009-2010 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Hello, I am a Chicago guy so I would like to start a Chicago thread so maybe we can help each other out by letting Chicago area cheapasses find cheap deals.
:D

-Saturday, April 5 at 3PM Dunaly's on the Square 3137 W. Logan Blvd.-

7/31/2007
Would anyone be interested in a CAG Chicago meet up at game works (in woodfield)? They have a special for $10 on thursday for all you can play from 9 to midnight.

More info here: http://www.gameworks.com/events_deta...?location_id=6

HOME OF THE 2005 WORLD CHAMPION CHICAGO WHITE SOX
sox1.gif

20176977.jpg

Chicago member List (Now I know who gets my games :wink: j/k)

akilshohen
Apossum
Birbo
bobo2k4
Chickenhawk
Darkside Hazuki
Dpac
EdS25
FlipSide
Flybrione
Gameboy415
heffaji
JJAPPLE
jaykrue
jonnyfivealive
Johnny Postman
Jonny Polychronopoulos
Loserboy
mario23air
Maynard
Minqqq
peccosan
Prepster
Ragingbull2380
Rig
rly723
Rocksolidaudio (1up located in San Francisco)
ryosnk (Addison and austin)
SEGA128DC
SeraphiMichael
shadd01
shieryda (located near Six Corners)
Slipknot9762
souNReAL
Stoneage
tmei03
tqm11
Vicious
Walt Jay
Watchman
WeaponX2099
Wiseguy

Here are some little known stores in the Chicagoland area.

VideoGames Etc.
4351 N. Harlem
Norridge, IL 60706

Gamerz Garage
6128 Cass Ave
Westmont, IL 60559

Message originally posted by ryosnk on 04-19-2004 at 05:31 PM:

I'm going to be a dad! 10/02/07

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited 3/25/08 at 1:40am

last edit 8-21-08 5:12pm

Last edited by ryosnk; 09-12-2008 at 01:12 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 09-25-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 10-01-2008 at 03:00 AM.
8/27/2010
GO WHITE SOX AND CUBBIES! Maybe next year!

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone go to Draft Town tonight? It was a pretty cool event. Hopefully the NFL decides to bring the draft to Chicago in the near future again.

So I had everything situated in regards to getting rid of my furniture and the kitchen set fell through last minute of course. I am moving Friday and am not only frantically packing but also trying to find a good home for my kitchen table and stuff. It is a really nice solid oak set that will last a lifetime and yet I cannot find anyone. At this point I would be happy with like $50 even but I have no biters. I know I already posted but if anyone needs a really nice set for dirt cheap I am your man!

That being said I cannot even easily set up a donation pick up for it. Anyone know of a good and quick way to have someone come pick it up for something like Goodwill or whatever? Salvation Army won't and I Goodwill will not get back to me..

*edit*

Didn't know bookoo existed haha I put that up on there for free and had 5 bites in literally minutes haha

What's up everyone, newbie to the CAG thread. Anyways, I love video games/shoes. Hoping to meet some cool people from here & glad to represent the Windy City.

Howdy midwest Chicago-based folks! Marylander here, with plans to visit your fair city for a week at the end of July. We have tickets to a Cubs game, already bought City Passes for most of the cool attractions and such (have 3 roughly teenaged kids), and am hunting for advice.

Should we even attempt to drive in the city at all? Or is it all about riding the subway/train/whatever? Cheap deals on such?

Any places to avoid/any hidden gems to recommend?

Looking for any and all assistance. Thank you in advance!

Howdy midwest Chicago-based folks! Marylander here, with plans to visit your fair city for a week at the end of July. We have tickets to a Cubs game, already bought City Passes for most of the cool attractions and such (have 3 roughly teenaged kids), and am hunting for advice.

Should we even attempt to drive in the city at all? Or is it all about riding the subway/train/whatever? Cheap deals on such?

Any places to avoid/any hidden gems to recommend?

Looking for any and all assistance. Thank you in advance!
I don't live in "the city" anymore, but I would not attempt to drive. Parking is always an issue and expensive. I believe you can buy 1 day or 3 day passes for the CTA buses and trains. Buses are usually piggybacked (this may have changed-I think they have an app now) by the drivers so they can drive their route quickly and get back to doing nothing at the station. The "EL" or "L" (elevated train) is more reliable, but I would recommend avoiding transferring to multiple trains as it can take a long time to go a short distance. Instead take a train to the general area, then walk or try to catch a bus going in the direction you need.

http://www.transitchicago.com/visitors/

I would say the museums are a must. You may need to take a taxi in that area, but once you are there most are within walking distance of each other.

I don't live in "the city" anymore, but I would not attempt to drive. Parking is always an issue and expensive. I believe you can buy 1 day or 3 day passes for the CTA buses and trains. Buses are usually piggybacked (this may have changed-I think they have an app now) by the drivers so they can drive their route quickly and get back to doing nothing at the station. The "EL" or "L" (elevated train) is more reliable, but I would recommend avoiding transferring to multiple trains as it can take a long time to go a short distance. Instead take a train to the general area, then walk or try to catch a bus going in the direction you need.

http://www.transitchicago.com/visitors/

I would say the museums are a must. You may need to take a taxi in that area, but once you are there most are within walking distance of each other.
Thanks for the advice. I've talked to a few people here locally that have visited the area, and most recommend to not bother driving. I'm thinking of using the L trains as much as possible (which we used to our advantage in Boston), and walking whenever possible.

Just curious for any chicagonian.  Some of the best buy restock with the 40 inch samsung tv with the xbox deal this week.  I am wondering if there is anyone here that want the tv, not the xbox so we can go 50/50 on it.

Here are a few.

People play games
the exchange
Video games then and now

You should check out Galloping ghost for some nice arcade action in Lagrange, Illinois while you here.
So I had to cut my trip short, but I did spend a good 8-9 hours in Galloping Ghost. That place is absolutely amazing.

If anyone in the Chicago area has a play seat they want to get rid of that would be compatible with the Logitech G27 steering wheel I would be interested.  I hardly ever come onto CAG anymore after the redesign...so if you need to contact me a text would be best at seven zero 8-six55-3701.

Thanks,

Dustin

PS-I'm just North of the city so if you are near Rogers Park that is even better.

Hell of a NLDS series.  

For the Cubs, they really beat the biggest opponent in the playoffs.  If they can play at the same level (offense), they can win the whole thing.  

I'm hoping both Texas teams win tonight.  I think I'd rather the Cubs play the Mets.

Also wondering how much I'd have to pay to get some World Series tickets (if they can make it to the big games.)

Things I used to do when I live in Wrigley, 1211 W. Addison, near the Taco Bell to be specific. 

- Sell our three parking spots in the back of our place for $20 a pop. This pretty much paid our rent during baseball season. 

- Sell beer bongs for $5 to people who walked by our apartment. You would be surprised at the amount of dads who were eager to get in on this. 

- Go to games, all the time, by purchasing tickets from scalpers for $5 to $10 after the 1st inning was played. 

- Sneak liquor into games, get caught by security when drinking the booze in the stands, only to go outside and purchase tickets again for $5 or $10. 

- Grab a monster slice and pop from Bacci's pizza. 

- Yell at dumb ass guys acting belligerent because they are at a Cubs game and think that's how they are supposed to act. "GO BACK TO NORTHBROOK!" Said that one a lot ... 

- Watch the game on my TV in my bedroom and hear the crowd cheer from the stadium whenever a big play happened. That was cool. 

That is all I can think of now. Been a long time since I lived there. Good times. 

Still living in wrigley, doing the same thing with my 3 parking spots behind my house, only I haven't been at $20 since early 2014. Pretty much $30 was the standard rate now, and as high as 50 for concerts and big games. Hit $100 for the nlds this year. I really didn't want to go that high cause I felt morally wrong for it, but when the whole neighborhood locked it in and people quickly paid it, i couldn't not take that much. Sheesh. Just take an uber, people.

Still living in wrigley, doing the same thing with my 3 parking spots behind my house, only I haven't been at $20 since early 2014. Pretty much $30 was the standard rate now, and as high as 50 for concerts and big games. Hit $100 for the nlds this year. I really didn't want to go that high cause I felt morally wrong for it, but when the whole neighborhood locked it in and people quickly paid it, i couldn't not take that much. Sheesh. Just take an uber, people.
Parking spots were really $100? Wow. I can't imagine what the going rate would be for the World Series. Now I know if I ever get playoff tickets I'm taking the red line.

It's a long way away yet, but for those of you who hit the annual comic cons, wizard has 25% off tickets with code WIZ25. It was all weekend, but ends today on cyber monday. It's usually possible to get single days cheap thru living social or whatever, but $78 for weekend passes(18 a day) is as cheap as I can remember for quite a few years.

Hi, would anyone know of a site that has legit info on coupon/promo codes for tickets?  I'm looking to get some Monster jam tickets when they show up at the Allstate.

So, who got chosen in the playoff tickets lottery for Cubs NLDS tickets?  I, just like last year, wasn't chosen.  :( 

Wish I could find the DC Broadband adapter.  I was lucky a couple summers ago and bought a used GC that had the broadband adapter installed for $20.  (I could see the adapter attached.)

Sold the GC for well north of that, and kept the adapter for my own GC.

I only know of one other person with the Broadband Adapter.  We set up Double Dash one weekend with several friends.  It was a blast.

I may have one or two. I know I have one sealed on a blister pack that I bought for $20 (maybe $30?) or something at a GS when we had a meetup at one of the Chicago stores that had one years after they were discontinued. Was there also a non broadband modem? I may have that too.

Dreamcast had a 56k modem attached, with the Broadband being a separate purchase.

I think NA only had the Broadband Adapter for GC...but Japan had a 56k modem.

If you have a Dreamcast Broadband adapter, I'm definitely interested!

You've met me. How long do you think I could go without being shot? :lol:

I used to live in ravenswood, but I am not sure I would be comfortable living there now.
LOL. Ravenswood??!?! really?? what is scary about ravenswood? Youll get hit by a hipster on his fixie bike before youll get shot in Ravenswood.

bread's done
Back