It took 108 years but this is finally home of the World Series champs Cubs!

ryosnk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Chicago's Very Own thread

9/11/ 2010 Meetup - at Galloping Ghost Arcade - Brookfield IL
top row:shieryda, CAG 79, ryosnk, slowdive21, mrosnwo, chi.bri
bottom row: Blackout, Ruben (ryosnk brother), dpac andWeaponX2099
chicagocags.jpg

Home of the 2013 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Home of the 2009-2010 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Hello, I am a Chicago guy so I would like to start a Chicago thread so maybe we can help each other out by letting Chicago area cheapasses find cheap deals.
:D

-Saturday, April 5 at 3PM Dunaly's on the Square 3137 W. Logan Blvd.-

7/31/2007
Would anyone be interested in a CAG Chicago meet up at game works (in woodfield)? They have a special for $10 on thursday for all you can play from 9 to midnight.

More info here: http://www.gameworks.com/events_deta...?location_id=6

HOME OF THE 2005 WORLD CHAMPION CHICAGO WHITE SOX
sox1.gif

20176977.jpg

Chicago member List (Now I know who gets my games :wink: j/k)

akilshohen
Apossum
Birbo
bobo2k4
Chickenhawk
Darkside Hazuki
Dpac
EdS25
FlipSide
Flybrione
Gameboy415
heffaji
JJAPPLE
jaykrue
jonnyfivealive
Johnny Postman
Jonny Polychronopoulos
Loserboy
mario23air
Maynard
Minqqq
peccosan
Prepster
Ragingbull2380
Rig
rly723
Rocksolidaudio (1up located in San Francisco)
ryosnk (Addison and austin)
SEGA128DC
SeraphiMichael
shadd01
shieryda (located near Six Corners)
Slipknot9762
souNReAL
Stoneage
tmei03
tqm11
Vicious
Walt Jay
Watchman
WeaponX2099
Wiseguy

Here are some little known stores in the Chicagoland area.

VideoGames Etc.
4351 N. Harlem
Norridge, IL 60706

Gamerz Garage
6128 Cass Ave
Westmont, IL 60559

Message originally posted by ryosnk on 04-19-2004 at 05:31 PM:

I'm going to be a dad! 10/02/07

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited 3/25/08 at 1:40am

last edit 8-21-08 5:12pm

Last edited by ryosnk; 09-12-2008 at 01:12 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 09-25-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 10-01-2008 at 03:00 AM.
8/27/2010
GO WHITE SOX AND CUBBIES! Maybe next year!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shajek']Only the South Elgin store had GC games... a bunch of Wind Waker and Day of Reckoning 2. A couple of 4 Swords... that's all I remember seeing marked down. The Geneva store had nothing.

I was hoping (beyond hope, of course) for MP 7 and Tales of Symphonia[/quote]

I would have gotten Wind Waker and 4 swords...but that too far to drive. I've wasted enough gas already on this Best Buy clearance...

[quote name='chicagoz']I would have gotten Wind Waker and 4 swords...but that too far to drive. I've wasted enough gas already on this Best Buy clearance...[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I would've driven a few miles for Wind Waker, too, but not much more than that. South Elgin's just too far for me. :( Blah. But thanks for sharing what little GameCube titles are (or were) out there to be found.

I Was There A Few Days Ago. The Games Are Only At Twenty Percent Off. Not much Of A Deal. Im Waiting For Them To Drop To Thirty To Fourty Before I Buy. Hope There Is Games Left When That Happens. By The Way. If Anyone Is Looking To Buy The PS3 Genji $699.99 Bundle From Costco, The Lincoln Park One Got Them In Last Night.

Has anone gotten a wii at target. If so, did you have get their early and did they give out tickets?

I'm thinking of going to target (at the hip) and see if I can get a wii. Thanks on any info.

I just went to the CompUsa at village crossing and didn't see anything worth buying, thought i could get some xbox live 12 month subs but all cleaned out. games were 20%off and accessories were 30% off. not too great of a selection but i only skimmed through the game section. computers were a measly 10% off.

[quote name='ryosnk']Has anone gotten a wii at target. If so, did you have get their early and did they give out tickets?

I'm thinking of going to target (at the hip) and see if I can get a wii. Thanks on any info.[/QUOTE]

I've only seen Wiis in stock at a Target in St. Charles. There were about 7. It's the only time I've seen a Wii anywhere other than the Toys R Us in Bloomingdale at the end of December when I finally got mine.

You want a PS3, though? They are available at just about every Target, TRU, BB and CC I've seen.

[quote name='shajek']I've only seen Wiis in stock at a Target in St. Charles. There were about 7. It's the only time I've seen a Wii anywhere other than the Toys R Us in Bloomingdale at the end of December when I finally got mine.

You want a PS3, though? They are available at just about every Target, TRU, BB and CC I've seen.[/quote]

Yup, I've seen PS3's everywhere. Does anyone want those? LOL j/k

[quote name='rjarmstrong100']Does anyone know of any non Dave and Busters arcades around the Chicago area?[/QUOTE]
There's Nickel City over in Northbrook, 555 Waukegan Rd. in the Brookside Plaza; more info at nickelcitygames.com and (847) 559-8727. A D&B-style arcade can also be found at your local GameWorks (gameworks.com) in the Streets of Woodfield in Schaumburg. For something a little closer to (or, actually, in) the city, there's the loved and/or reviled Dennis' Place for Games, located at 957 W. Belmont in Chicago. I've never been to Dennis' myself (thought it was on N. Clark for the longest time), but you're warned to take your hat off when you go -- house rules.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/BvHzVE22ngDZGfPho251GA

[quote name='dpac']There's Nickel City over in Northbrook, 555 Waukegan Rd. in the Brookside Plaza; more info at nickelcitygames.com and (847) 559-8727. A D&B-style arcade can also be found at your local GameWorks (gameworks.com) in the Streets of Woodfield in Schaumburg. For something a little closer to (or, actually, in) the city, there's the loved and/or reviled Dennis' Place for Games, located at 957 W. Belmont in Chicago. I've never been to Dennis' myself (thought it was on N. Clark for the longest time), but you're warned to take your hat off when you go -- house rules.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/BvHzVE22ngDZGfPho251GA[/quote]

Dennis's Place for Games is still open? Wow.

[quote name='chicagoz']I Was There A Few Days Ago. The Games Are Only At Twenty Percent Off. Not much Of A Deal. Im Waiting For Them To Drop To Thirty To Fourty Before I Buy. Hope There Is Games Left When That Happens. By The Way. If Anyone Is Looking To Buy The PS3 Genji $699.99 Bundle From Costco, The Lincoln Park One Got Them In Last Night.[/quote]

There was some good stuff there. I'm gonna wait until 50% off though. Chicago CAGs keep us posted!!

the compusa is Highland park announced store closing on friday.. for all you people who don't know.

i was pissed when there were no gamecube games at the lincolnwood one.
:( although i got a tv tuner card. maybe it supports FTA. woo hoo!

[quote name='MisterNewGuy']the compusa is Highland park announced store closing on friday.. for all you people who don't know.

i was pissed when there were no gamecube games at the lincolnwood one.
:( although i got a tv tuner card. maybe it supports FTA. woo hoo![/quote]

Remember seeing any Xbox 360 games at the Highland Park location? And what percent off they were?

The Sam's Club by Northlake had some Wii bundles which consisted of a Wii system with Twilight Princess for $298.99. I almost bit but my wife somewhat hinted that is what I might get for my birthday. There were more than 12 of those bundles.

If anyone is still looking for Rockstar's "Table Tennis", BB at Elston has several copies for $19.99 plus 25% off. I highly recommend this game.

I went to 4 different Best Buys for the new guide drops:

HIP
Elston/Armitage
North/Sheffield
Touhy (Skokie)

Found guides only at the Touhy location. I picked up:

Kingdom Hearts II (last one I saw)
Saints Row (last one I saw)
Call of Duty 3
Resistance: Fall of Man (last one I saw)
FEAR (x2, one for a friend)

I also saw an old copy of the Oblivion guide but it had a new UPC sticker on it so I didn't want to deal with it, plus I already have that guide). They had a couple Red Steel, also, if anyone is interested.

I found 2 new copies of Resident Evil 2 for GameCube at Fry's in Downers Grove. I bought one of them.

I saw a Wii at the Target in South Elgin about a month ago on a Monday around noon. I bought it and ebayed it.

[quote name='chicagoz']I went to 4 different Best Buys for the new guide drops:

HIP
Elston/Armitage
North/Sheffield
Touhy (Skokie)

Call of Duty 3

I also saw an old copy of the Oblivion guide but it had a new UPC sticker on it so I didn't want to deal with it, plus I already have that guide). They had a couple Red Steel, also, if anyone is interested.[/quote]

Ha! I actually snagged that Oblivion guide that you passed on.

I also checked the North Riverside store, but had no luck with the guides. They must have pulled them all this morning, because there wasn't a single one from the list there this time around.

[quote name='shieryda']Skokie CompUSA has everything 20-50% off. Still a few games left, but you better hurry![/quote]

dang... gotta pass by there tomorrow!

[quote name='shieryda']Skokie CompUSA has everything 20-50% off. Still a few games left, but you better hurry![/QUOTE]

Games are only 20% off unfortunately. Hopefully as they get closer to the final day, they will have a higher discount.

[quote name='Johnny Postman']Games are only 20% off unfortunately. Hopefully as they get closer to the final day, they will have a higher discount.[/quote]

20% off isn't a deal to me. I'd rather buy the games at a Best Buy close by me using a $5 off coupon and get reward zone points than drive out to Skokie and waste gas. Anyone been to the downtown CompUSA? I haven't gone cuz I'd imagine parking to be practically non-existant.

[quote name='shieryda']Ha! I actually snagged that Oblivion guide that you passed on.

I also checked the North Riverside store, but had no luck with the guides. They must have pulled them all this morning, because there wasn't a single one from the list there this time around.[/quote]

Did you see that WiiPlay they had there at the North Riverside location? I was SO tempted to buy it but I passed.

And I'm glad you got that Oblivion guide. I saw 2 Red Steel guides there, also. Did you get them? I got so excited that I found the Kingdom Hearts II guide that I forgot to pick one of them up!

And I wasn't even going to go in the Touhy store but I figured I might as well since I was driving nearby it. I'm glad I did. Did you notice that they had alot of Rainbow Six Vegas guides there? We gotta remember that spot when that one drops!

[quote name='chicagoz']Did you see that WiiPlay they had there at the North Riverside location? I was SO tempted to buy it but I passed.

And I'm glad you got that Oblivion guide. I saw 2 Red Steel guides there, also. Did you get them? I got so excited that I found the Kingdom Hearts II guide that I forgot to pick one of them up!

And I wasn't even going to go in the Touhy store but I figured I might as well since I was driving nearby it. I'm glad I did. Did you notice that they had alot of Rainbow Six Vegas guides there? We gotta remember that spot when that one drops![/quote]

I didn't realize that Red Steel was on the list, else I would have picked one up for trade. It's funny, because I'm still seeing guides left over from a drop or 2 ago.

[quote name='ryosnk']In the new Red eye newspaper they talk about the wii.[/quote]

I have that. It's nothing really new. If you read Joystiq.com, you've read the story before. It's cool that it made the front page.

[quote name='MrDemonicAngel']i cant seem to find a Wii Nunchuck anywhere...anyone know where i could find one around the schaumburg area? or deerfield(where i work)?[/quote]

Sorry. I remember seeing some, but I've been to so many Best Buys and Targets in the past week that I can't remember which one had some.

just got back from compusa in skokie and picked up an ipod accessory and gunpey psp.

games are 40 off
ipod accessories are 60 off
tvs and lcds are 20 off
networking is 40 off? can't remember

still a decent selection of psp, 360, ps3 and wii games.
very few ps2, ds and xbox games

oh yea... of course no videogame hardware was there.

[quote name='crewj']just got back from compusa in skokie and picked up an ipod accessory and gunpey psp.

games are 40 off
tvs and lcds are 20 off

oh yea... of course no videogame hardware was there.[/quote]

Yes! NOW I'll consider buying 360 games. I may head up there at 10 am. I'm sure they'll be open at 10. Thanks for the heads up!

[quote name='chicagoz']I went to 4 different Best Buys for the new guide drops:

HIP
Elston/Armitage
North/Sheffield
Touhy (Skokie)

Call of Duty 3

I also saw an old copy of the Oblivion guide but it had a new UPC sticker on it so I didn't want to deal with it, plus I already have that guide). They had a couple Red Steel, also, if anyone is interested.[/quote]

Ah okay. Now I know what happened. Actually was eyeing that Kingdom Hearts II guide but when I went to the store it was already gone! Usually, I can get the guides there I want even after couple of days have passed.

Just a heads up for anyone looking for Zelda The Minish Cap new:

Best Buy in Homewood on Halsted had about 10 of them today, still $30, not a great price, but it beats paying $45-50 on ebay.

They also still had a decent selection of the xbox star wars games that are $4.99 as well.

[quote name='crewj']just got back from compusa in skokie and picked up an ipod accessory and gunpey psp.

games are 40 off
tvs and lcds are 20 off

oh yea... of course no videogame hardware was there.[/quote]

were the 360 and wii games also 40% off??? were there alot left?

[quote name='MrDemonicAngel']were the 360 and wii games also 40% off??? were there alot left?[/quote]

I went to the one in Skokie. I didn't notice any Wii games, but I wasn't really looking for them. They did have some Xbox 360 and PS3 games 40% off. Some Xbox 360 games I noticed:

Phantasy Star (I bought one)
Hitman
Madden 07 LE
Full Auto
Perfect Dark Zero
Import Tuner
Need for Speed Most Wanted

Guides were 60% off.

[quote name='MrDemonicAngel']were the 360 and wii games also 40% off??? were there alot left?[/quote]

when i went there were a few, now that the weekend is here... stock will definitely change

I just came back from the CompUSA by the lake on Chicago Avenue. They have a huge selection of Wii, PS3, and Xbox 360 games and accessories. The bad news is that the discount on them is only at 10% off. I hope all those games last till they get to 40% off.

[quote name='MrDemonicAngel']i cant seem to find a Wii Nunchuck anywhere...anyone know where i could find one around the schaumburg area? or deerfield(where i work)?[/quote]I was just at the Schaumburg Toys 'R Us this afternoon and they had some, both wiimotes and nunchucks.

I'll keep you guys updated on things going on at the gamecrazys around the chicago area, I'm on the northside, if anybody is every up in the area drop in at the Clark/Granville Gamecrazy and say whats up to me.

[quote name='Thoren']Hey technic, I live a few miles from you. I'm by California and Bryn Mawr.[/quote]
Cool stop in the shop sometime, I hook you up. Just mention my live tag to me.

If anyone still needs some of the $16.96 CC clearance games, the one on Elston still have a good supply of the PS2 stuff from the list. They're not on the shelves but in one of the bargin bins near the demo units.

Thoren, you must be my CAG evil twin because I'm also right around California/Bryn Mawr. Budlong Woods in the hiz-house! :)

[quote name='grendel19']I was just at the Schaumburg Toys 'R Us this afternoon and they had some, both wiimotes and nunchucks.[/quote]

thanks...got my hands on it...

bread's done
Back