It took 108 years but this is finally home of the World Series champs Cubs!

ryosnk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Chicago's Very Own thread

9/11/ 2010 Meetup - at Galloping Ghost Arcade - Brookfield IL
top row:shieryda, CAG 79, ryosnk, slowdive21, mrosnwo, chi.bri
bottom row: Blackout, Ruben (ryosnk brother), dpac andWeaponX2099
chicagocags.jpg

Home of the 2013 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Home of the 2009-2010 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Hello, I am a Chicago guy so I would like to start a Chicago thread so maybe we can help each other out by letting Chicago area cheapasses find cheap deals.
:D

-Saturday, April 5 at 3PM Dunaly's on the Square 3137 W. Logan Blvd.-

7/31/2007
Would anyone be interested in a CAG Chicago meet up at game works (in woodfield)? They have a special for $10 on thursday for all you can play from 9 to midnight.

More info here: http://www.gameworks.com/events_deta...?location_id=6

HOME OF THE 2005 WORLD CHAMPION CHICAGO WHITE SOX
sox1.gif

20176977.jpg

Chicago member List (Now I know who gets my games :wink: j/k)

akilshohen
Apossum
Birbo
bobo2k4
Chickenhawk
Darkside Hazuki
Dpac
EdS25
FlipSide
Flybrione
Gameboy415
heffaji
JJAPPLE
jaykrue
jonnyfivealive
Johnny Postman
Jonny Polychronopoulos
Loserboy
mario23air
Maynard
Minqqq
peccosan
Prepster
Ragingbull2380
Rig
rly723
Rocksolidaudio (1up located in San Francisco)
ryosnk (Addison and austin)
SEGA128DC
SeraphiMichael
shadd01
shieryda (located near Six Corners)
Slipknot9762
souNReAL
Stoneage
tmei03
tqm11
Vicious
Walt Jay
Watchman
WeaponX2099
Wiseguy

Here are some little known stores in the Chicagoland area.

VideoGames Etc.
4351 N. Harlem
Norridge, IL 60706

Gamerz Garage
6128 Cass Ave
Westmont, IL 60559

Message originally posted by ryosnk on 04-19-2004 at 05:31 PM:

I'm going to be a dad! 10/02/07

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited 3/25/08 at 1:40am

last edit 8-21-08 5:12pm

Last edited by ryosnk; 09-12-2008 at 01:12 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 09-25-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 10-01-2008 at 03:00 AM.
8/27/2010
GO WHITE SOX AND CUBBIES! Maybe next year!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Johnny Postman']If anyone still needs some of the $16.96 CC clearance games, the one on Elston still have a good supply of the PS2 stuff from the list. They're not on the shelves but in one of the bargin bins near the demo units. [/quote]

Do they still have Contact for Nintendo DS? I hope so. I saw those bins a few days ago but I didn't buy anything.

[quote name='shieryda']I'm hoping to stop by the Skokie CompUSA tonight or tomorrow, so I'll post an update when I return![/quote]

I went yesterday (Monday). They didn't have much. Alot of WoW Burning Crusade. Perfect Dark Zero, Pimp My Ride (360), a few original Xbox games. I saw one copy of Just Cause for Xbox 360 that I thought about buying but I passed. I walked out empty handed and won't be going back. I'm now concentrating on the Chicago Av CompUSA as they have a ton of stuff I want to buy.

And by six corners, you mean Irving Park, Cicero, and Milwaukee Avenue? I'm over by Humboldt Park (North Avenue and Western Avenue).

[quote name='chicagoz']I went yesterday (Monday). They didn't have much. Alot of WoW Burning Crusade. Perfect Dark Zero, Pimp My Ride (360), a few original Xbox games. I saw one copy of Just Cause for Xbox 360 that I thought about buying but I passed. I walked out empty handed and won't be going back. I'm now concentrating on the Chicago Av CompUSA as they have a ton of stuff I want to buy.

And by six corners, you mean Irving Park, Cicero, and Milwaukee Avenue? I'm over by Humboldt Park (North Avenue and Western Avenue).[/quote]

You're saving me a trip to Skokie, then. I really wanted that King Kong, but I'm sure it's gone by now. Did you happen so see any hockey games for 360?

Yes, those 3 streets make up Six Corners.

[quote name='shieryda']You're saving me a trip to Skokie, then. I really wanted that King Kong, but I'm sure it's gone by now. Did you happen so see any hockey games for 360?

Yes, those 3 streets make up Six Corners.[/quote]

I didn't see King Kong there. I did see some sports game for 360, but I can't remember if it was a hockey game. Sorry.

[quote name='chicagoz']Do they still have Contact for Nintendo DS? I hope so. I saw those bins a few days ago but I didn't buy anything.[/QUOTE]

Didn't check for that as I had already picked up a copy at the North Ave store (was last one from there.)

I was going over to that indy used game store on Harlem sometime this week - I'll swing by and check the CC at Harlem/Grand and let you know if they have any Contacts there.

Just a heads up guys GC is doing a B2G1 for used portable games(ds,psp, and so on) if you guys are looking for anything specific let me know and i'll check my store.

Not sure if this is the *best* of places for this, but I figure I might get the best response from here, I'm also not sure if I already posted this due to I thought about posting a few nights ago but it was late and my memory if kind of blurry...

I'll be going to Chicago in about a month, and was wondering if anyone knew some good anime shops, the type that have a large selection of various things such as figures/candy/dvds/other weird stuff/etc. Like an import-ish one, not just the crap somewhere like Best Buy has, I know near me in Michigan we have WizzyWig but I'm hoping to find something down there to :) Anyways, if this is the wrong place to ask something like this let me know, was kind of hard deciding on somewhere.

[quote name='georox']Not sure if this is the *best* of places for this, but I figure I might get the best response from here, I'm also not sure if I already posted this due to I thought about posting a few nights ago but it was late and my memory if kind of blurry...

I'll be going to Chicago in about a month, and was wondering if anyone knew some good anime shops, the type that have a large selection of various things such as figures/candy/dvds/other weird stuff/etc. Like an import-ish one, not just the crap somewhere like Best Buy has, I know near me in Michigan we have WizzyWig but I'm hoping to find something down there to :) Anyways, if this is the wrong place to ask something like this let me know, was kind of hard deciding on somewhere.[/quote]

Geo, its MSI i know a couple dozen shops i can show you around while your here if you want just let me know when exactly your coming here so i can take a day or so off and show you around to the different spots.

[quote name='t3chn1c']Geo, its MSI i know a couple dozen shops i can show you around while your here if you want just let me know when exactly your coming here so i can take a day or so off and show you around to the different spots.[/quote]
Your kidding me right?

*edit*

Why do I end up finding you everywhere now

[quote name='georox']Your kidding me right?

*edit*

Why do I end up finding you everywhere now[/quote]

because you secretly want whats in my pants.

I don't know any of the names of the places i just go most of em are just random shops i stopped in driving down broadway heading towards belmont. I tend not to remember names of anything(bad memory).

I don't think it would count as an "anime/import shop" but Chicago Comics on Clark St. north of Belmont is a comic book shop that has lot of indie comics. They also have alot of other cool stuff. I think it's worth a look.

A co-worker of mine goes to this store (out in the burbs?) that has a ton of anime and import stuff. He goes there all the time for anything he needs. I'll have to pry that info out of him next time I see him.

[quote name='chicagoz']I don't think it would count as an "anime/import shop" but Chicago Comics on Clark St. north of Belmont is a comic book shop that has lot of indie comics. They also have alot of other cool stuff. I think it's worth a look.

A co-worker of mine goes to this store (out in the burbs?) that has a ton of anime and import stuff. He goes there all the time for anything he needs. I'll have to pry that info out of him next time I see him.[/quote]

I'll definitely try to find this place.

[quote name='chicagoz']Do they still have Contact for Nintendo DS? I hope so. I saw those bins a few days ago but I didn't buy anything.[/QUOTE]

Checked today and both the Elston CC and the Harlem/Grand CC in Elmwood Park have 2 copies of Contact. At Elston, I put them at the bottom of the clearance bin (along with 2 Dragon Quest Heroes) so any CAGs needing them - dig deep. At the Elmwood Park store, the two Contacts are on the shelf.

[quote name='briansraregames']Just a heads up for anyone looking for Zelda The Minish Cap new:

Best Buy in Homewood on Halsted had about 10 of them today, still $30, not a great price, but it beats paying $45-50 on ebay.

They also still had a decent selection of the xbox star wars games that are $4.99 as well.[/quote]

fucking lurkers...went back today and every single copy of Zelda MC were gone

Several Chicagoland Gamecrazy stores are shutting their doors in the near future. The folowing have been confirmed:

Cicero IL
16th & Cicero Ave

Chicago

53rd & Ashland

Please post if you guys know of any other GCs closing down. It's a disturbing trend, but for these locations, I don't blame them.

Those stores are closing but the company is reopening about 40 new stores in the chicagoland area in the next 2 years(they trying by the end of 07). The Niles store has closed already and my store(Clark/Granville) recieved nearly all their inventory.

[quote name='Blackout542']Any people score with the B2G1 at any Crazy's?[/quote]

Its so YMMV. I went to couple of gamecrazy and only one of them knew about the sale and they had pretty much next to nothing. The store I went to was on Harlem Ave in Elmwood Park. Anywhere else? Mostly looking for Monster Hunter Freedom for PSP... if anyone see a copy let me know.

I'm not sure but i think my store on Clark/Granville has it we have a bunch of psp games but not really shit anyone would want but should check it out man,

[quote name='Johnny Postman']Checked today and both the Elston CC and the Harlem/Grand CC in Elmwood Park have 2 copies of Contact. At Elston, I put them at the bottom of the clearance bin (along with 2 Dragon Quest Heroes) so any CAGs needing them - dig deep. At the Elmwood Park store, the two Contacts are on the shelf.[/quote]

I picked up one of those Contacts from the Elston Circuit City on Friday. Thanks!

[quote name='t3chn1c']I'm not sure but i think my store on Clark/Granville has it we have a bunch of psp games but not really shit anyone would want but should check it out man,[/quote]

Just called around some Gamecrazy as I didn't want to waste my time driving there if they didn't have the sale going on. I spoke to the person at the Clark/Granville store and they said the sale was over. So yeah call me confused....

[quote name='malalrd']Its so YMMV. I went to couple of gamecrazy and only one of them knew about the sale and they had pretty much next to nothing. The store I went to was on Harlem Ave in Elmwood Park. Anywhere else? Mostly looking for Monster Hunter Freedom for PSP... if anyone see a copy let me know.[/quote]

It is not YMMV. This deal is going on at all gamecrazy stores. If a store doesn't honor the sale have them call the store that knows what's going on (Harlem, North Avenue, Munster IN are a few). If they refuse, call the DM. I have personally only dealt with John Fabian and Adrian Castelleta, both of them are great guys and easy to deal with, but I know that there's another DM named Chuck and at least one more DM in the area that I have not met yet.

[quote name='briansraregames']It is not YMMV. This deal is going on at all gamecrazy stores. If a store doesn't honor the sale have them call the store that knows what's going on (Harlem, North Avenue, Munster IN are a few). If they refuse, call the DM. I have personally only dealt with John Fabian and Adrian Castelleta, both of them are great guys and easy to deal with, but I know that there's another DM named Chuck and at least one more DM in the area that I have not met yet.[/quote]

Haha you just posted that while I was writing my other one... So how do I get in touch with the DM and try to get them to honor their own promotion?

[quote name='malalrd']Haha you just posted that while I was writing my other one... So how do I get in touch with the DM and try to get them to honor their own promotion?[/quote]

Well, most stores have the Store Manager and DM info on a little sign somwhere in the store. If you can't locate it, try calling 1-877-325-8687. That's GC corporate HQ. They should be able to help you out.

The promotion doesn't end until the 23rd they are just retarded and don't know where to look for the current promotions. If you come in today or call I will look for what you want.

Just an update on Chicago stuff. On Sat. I went to the CompUSA Downtown. Still don't bother right now, most suff is still just 10-30% off, no real deals. The CC on Elston still had a few Contact, Rocket Slime, & Zelda Four Swords GBA for 16.96.
Best Buy Elston had a few PS2 DragonQuest for 19.95 plus 25% off.
That's All.

[quote name='un_plug']Just an update on Chicago stuff. On Sat. I went to the CompUSA Downtown. Still don't bother right now, most suff is still just 10-30% off, no real deals. The CC on Elston still had a few Contact, Rocket Slime, & Zelda Four Swords GBA for 16.96.
Best Buy Elston had a few PS2 DragonQuest for 19.95 plus 25% off.
That's All.[/quote]

Thanks for the update, especially for the downtown CompUSA update. I wanted to go there Saturday to see if the video games made it past 10% off yet.

EDIT: If anyone is going to pick up Call of Duty 2 ($14) and Call of Duty 3 Gold Edition ($40) for Xbox 360 at Circuit City this week want to do me a favor? Could you pick me up a copy of each and I'd buy them from ya Friday? I'd give you a positive iTrader rating, of course. The money I had to pick these up is now spoken for. I got dam near all my windows on my car busted and that's got to be fixed asap :(

Went to a COMP USA in I believe Skokie, it was cleaned out, nothing left. I had gone there only 2 weeks ago and there were shelves of games. The clearance was only at 40% today too.

malalrd my store on Clark/Granville has monster hunter freedom for psp and a bunch of other games you should check it out. The store is located at 6201 N Clark.

[quote name='Blackout542']Went to a COMP USA in I believe Skokie, it was cleaned out, nothing left. I had gone there only 2 weeks ago and there were shelves of games. The clearance was only at 40% today too.[/quote]

At that CompUSA, it seems all the good games sold when they were at 20% off.

[quote name='chicagoz']At that CompUSA, it seems all the good games sold when they were at 20% off.[/quote]

They must not have been purchased by CAGs.:D We know how to wait for lower prices!

Yes! Fixed my car and have a few bucks left. I dunno if it's worth a try but now I want to go try to find a copy of Call of Duty 2 at Circuit City. Hope they weren't hoarded...

EDIT: Just got back from Sheffield/North Ave Circuit City. They have a few of those $14 Call of Duty 2's left if anyone's looking for them.

[quote name='shieryda']They must not have been purchased by CAGs.:D We know how to wait for lower prices![/quote]

Indeed!

I think walmart is due for a shipment. My suggestion is to call around noon to your walmart everyday this week and see if they have them in stock. Otherwise, sunday circuit city will be having them.

[quote name='t3chn1c']malalrd my store on Clark/Granville has monster hunter freedom for psp and a bunch of other games you should check it out. The store is located at 6201 N Clark.[/quote]

Thanks dude, but ended up getting one somewhere else.
But will stop by next time I am around the area.

[quote name='ryosnk']I finally found a wii (they had a few more) at the best buy in Lagrange, IL.[/quote]

Hm I am guessing it is already sold out if this was last night.

[quote name='un_plug']Anybody have any news of the CompUSA downtown?[/quote]

I may go there tomorrow (Friday) to check it out again. I'll be pissed if the video games are still 10% off. Of course, I'll let you all know the results if I go.

I've mentioned it before but I'll say it again. The Sam's Club by Northlake/Melrose Park has a whole mess of Wii's in stock. The only thing is that they come bundled with Zelda TP, which is not a bad thing. Price is $298.

[quote name='phreak5k']Anyone seen any WalMarts with the 360 HD-DVD drive for $130?[/QUOTE]

I'd be surprised if we did - Chicago area Walmarts never seem to have the great clearance deals that other parts of the country get.

[quote name='Johnny Postman']I'd be surprised if we did - Chicago area Walmarts never seem to have the great clearance deals that other parts of the country get.[/quote]

You're right about that!

Hey everyone

I'm new here and I was wondering if anyone knows of a decent deal for Super Smash Brothers Melee New or Used?I can only seem to find it for 29.99 and wanted to get it for under $20.Thanks

For the DW5 try Gamecrazy on Central. I think I saw them there. Call ahead first though!!

Hey, wanna get Castlevania DOS at Best buy, in the cheapy thread many people are finding multiple copies. Anyone in Chicago been getting these or seen them at any Best Buys???

Please let me know, thanks!!!:bouncy:

bread's done
Back