It took 108 years but this is finally home of the World Series champs Cubs!

ryosnk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Chicago's Very Own thread

9/11/ 2010 Meetup - at Galloping Ghost Arcade - Brookfield IL
top row:shieryda, CAG 79, ryosnk, slowdive21, mrosnwo, chi.bri
bottom row: Blackout, Ruben (ryosnk brother), dpac andWeaponX2099
chicagocags.jpg

Home of the 2013 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Home of the 2009-2010 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Hello, I am a Chicago guy so I would like to start a Chicago thread so maybe we can help each other out by letting Chicago area cheapasses find cheap deals.
:D

-Saturday, April 5 at 3PM Dunaly's on the Square 3137 W. Logan Blvd.-

7/31/2007
Would anyone be interested in a CAG Chicago meet up at game works (in woodfield)? They have a special for $10 on thursday for all you can play from 9 to midnight.

More info here: http://www.gameworks.com/events_deta...?location_id=6

HOME OF THE 2005 WORLD CHAMPION CHICAGO WHITE SOX
sox1.gif

20176977.jpg

Chicago member List (Now I know who gets my games :wink: j/k)

akilshohen
Apossum
Birbo
bobo2k4
Chickenhawk
Darkside Hazuki
Dpac
EdS25
FlipSide
Flybrione
Gameboy415
heffaji
JJAPPLE
jaykrue
jonnyfivealive
Johnny Postman
Jonny Polychronopoulos
Loserboy
mario23air
Maynard
Minqqq
peccosan
Prepster
Ragingbull2380
Rig
rly723
Rocksolidaudio (1up located in San Francisco)
ryosnk (Addison and austin)
SEGA128DC
SeraphiMichael
shadd01
shieryda (located near Six Corners)
Slipknot9762
souNReAL
Stoneage
tmei03
tqm11
Vicious
Walt Jay
Watchman
WeaponX2099
Wiseguy

Here are some little known stores in the Chicagoland area.

VideoGames Etc.
4351 N. Harlem
Norridge, IL 60706

Gamerz Garage
6128 Cass Ave
Westmont, IL 60559

Message originally posted by ryosnk on 04-19-2004 at 05:31 PM:

I'm going to be a dad! 10/02/07

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited 3/25/08 at 1:40am

last edit 8-21-08 5:12pm

Last edited by ryosnk; 09-12-2008 at 01:12 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 09-25-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 10-01-2008 at 03:00 AM.
8/27/2010
GO WHITE SOX AND CUBBIES! Maybe next year!

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys are bringing stuff in to trade?

I got a couple PS2 controllers, guides and a DS rumble pack that I no longer need.

[quote name='CAG 79']You guys are bringing stuff in to trade?

I got a couple PS2 controllers, guides and a DS rumble pack that I no longer need.[/QUOTE]

I'm bringing a few thing games. But my whole collection is in storage since we are moving soon.

I've got 2 bags of stuff. And a few door prizes...

Taking the Milwaukee bus at around 2:20, if anyone else is. I'll be boarding at the Kilbourn stop.

I missed the fucking train! Sorry guys I won't be able to make it. If we have another meet up (near gameworks or something?), I can bring a trunk full of stuff to trade. I will work on my trade list too.

Sorry I couldn't make it guys. I hope all you bastards had a lot of fun:)

[quote name='typeRJ']oh and sorry i can't make it this saturday. going to gurnee mills w/ the gf and her family. i'll post some deals if i find any.[/quote]

Uhh, why? I live right by Gurnee Mills, and almost never go there. It's not that great of a mall. I'd suggest going to Hawthorne Mall next time you come up here. (Mapquest it for directions, as I'm terrible at giving them.)

BTW- How was the meet up? How many people, what age? I'd like to meet a few CAGs, but I don't feel like being the only 17 year old in a group with a bunch of drunk 30 year olds.

[quote name='Access_Denied']BTW- How was the meet up? How many people, what age? I'd like to meet a few CAGs, but I don't feel like being the only 17 year old in a group with a bunch of drunk 30 year olds.[/quote]

The meet-up was nice. There were only 5 of us (4 CAGs and 1 brother of a CAG). We're all in our early 30's, so yeah, you would have been the youngest. We weren't all drinking though, so nobody got drunk. That wasn't really the purpose of the meet-up.;)

I'll put up the pics soon...

Man you guys are old farts, lol. Access I'm only 18, so don't feel bad.

[quote name='shieryda']The meet-up was nice. There were only 5 of us (4 CAGs and 1 brother of a CAG). We're all in our early 30's, so yeah, you would have been the youngest. We weren't all drinking though, so nobody got drunk. That wasn't really the purpose of the meet-up.;)

I'll put up the pics soon...[/quote]

I'd really like to come to the next one. Next time, let's plan a date a bit earlier, that way we can start promoting, and get a few more people to come.

[quote name='Access_Denied']I'd really like to come to the next one. Next time, let's plan a date a bit earlier, that way we can start promoting, and get a few more people to come.[/quote]

Will do. Announcing it on the CAGcast again will help, too.

Sorry I could not make this meet up. But I can try for the next one.

I went to my local target before work today and picked up The Williams Pinball for Wii for $13.98. Rang up $19.99 but the clerk adjusted the price. I also got the last copy of F1 racing for PS3 for $14.98. Check out your local targets!

[quote name='flybrione'] I also got the last copy of F1 racing for PS3 for $14.98. Check out your local targets![/QUOTE]

I've been looking for that one. Wow. What Target was that at? I can't find that one at any Targets near me.

[quote name='chicagoz']I've been looking for that one. Wow. What Target was that at? I can't find that one at any Targets near me.[/QUOTE]

It was at the Touhy store in Niles.
They had two copies last week but only one today.

[quote name='shieryda']The meet-up was nice. There were only 5 of us (4 CAGs and 1 brother of a CAG). We're all in our early 30's, so yeah, you would have been the youngest. We weren't all drinking though, so nobody got drunk. That wasn't really the purpose of the meet-up.;)

I'll put up the pics soon...[/quote]

I'd really like to come to the next one. Next time, let's plan a date a bit earlier, that way we can start promoting, and get a few more people to come.

[quote name='Access_Denied']I'd really like to come to the next one. Next time, let's plan a date a bit earlier, that way we can start promoting, and get a few more people to come.[/quote]

Will do. Announcing it on the CAGcast again will help, too.

Sorry I could not make this meet up. But I can try for the next one.

I went to my local target before work today and picked up The Williams Pinball for Wii for $13.98. Rang up $19.99 but the clerk adjusted the price. I also got the last copy of F1 racing for PS3 for $14.98. Check out your local targets!

[quote name='flybrione'] I also got the last copy of F1 racing for PS3 for $14.98. Check out your local targets![/QUOTE]

I've been looking for that one. Wow. What Target was that at? I can't find that one at any Targets near me.

[quote name='chicagoz']I've been looking for that one. Wow. What Target was that at? I can't find that one at any Targets near me.[/QUOTE]

It was at the Touhy store in Niles.
They had two copies last week but only one today.

[quote name='chicagoz']I've been looking for that one. Wow. What Target was that at? I can't find that one at any Targets near me.[/quote]

I picked up and extra F1 today. If you have a NGS, I will trade it straight up.

[quote name='slowdive21']I picked up and extra F1 today. If you have a NGS, I will trade it straight up.[/QUOTE]

I unfortunately don't. :cry:

Next time you guys have a meet let me know. I reside in Evanston. I didn't know this thread existed, and I didn't listen to the podcast until yesterday. I'll subscribe to this thread for now on that way I'm aware of any future meets. I'll also post any deals I find around my area.

Some deals I saw today:
Target on Elston....41.99 (clearance) Orange Box for the PS3
Cash America (Pawn Shop) on Milwaukee....Rainbow6V-1 19.99, GRAW2 19.99, Oblivian (Reg Edition) 19.99

[quote name='shieryda']Photos from the meet-up:

img0744jh9.jpg

img0745kl5.jpg

img0746xi2.jpg
[/quote]see my parents wouldn't want my to come here
with all of u im to young 13!!!!!with a bunch of strangers thats y i didnt come

While I doubt it, does anyone have an exra Eternal Sonata ftrom the TRU clearence or know of a TRU that still has it? Any help would be greatly appreciated. ^^

ya i was the same im 13 and the place was at a bar or what ever and it would be odd sitting there with you guys with my parents also maybe next time it could be somewhere else a bit more youth friendly (gameworks in shaumburg)

[quote name='SeraphiMichael']While I doubt it, does anyone have an exra Eternal Sonata ftrom the TRU clearence or know of a TRU that still has it? Any help would be greatly appreciated. ^^[/quote]

I've hit 3 TRu and haven't found it. sorry

Nobody gave me positive feedback from the meet-up trading!:cry:;) I'll leave you other dudes feedback today.

I still have 3 copies of Odin Sphere on hold for Chicago CAGs. Please pm me if interested. Otherwise, I'm taking them back to get my refund.

[quote name='ryosnk']Would my at t sim card work on it and if so how much?[/QUOTE]

Do you have T-Mobile? If you do then you should be fine, I don't know about other carriers though. As for price, I paid $168 for the phone but I would be willing to let it go for less than $100 or some 360/PS3 games. Right now I'm looking for:

-Orange Box (360)
-Mass Effect (360)
-Beautiful Katamari (360)

or any others. Let me know. Btw, your Inbox is full.

Cool meeting you shieryda:). Thanks for the Odin.

Here's the Gamecrazy I was talking about:

2930 N. Central Ave, Chicago 60634
773-385-6208

If you rape that place, get me a guide or two. You should be able to find some nice stuff there.

[quote name='Blackout542']Cool meeting you shieryda:). Thanks for the Odin.

Here's the Gamecrazy I was talking about:

2930 N. Central Ave, Chicago 60634
773-385-6208

If you rape that place, get me a guide or two. You should be able to find some nice stuff there.[/quote]

Always nice to meet another Chi CAG! Good luck with that job. You'll make a lot of people here happy if you get it!

[quote name='shieryda']Always nice to meet another Chi CAG! Good luck with that job. You'll make a lot of people here happy if you get it![/quote]

Yeah thanks. If I get the gig I'll look out for the Chicago CAGs. :cool:

[quote name='Blackout542']Yeah thanks. If I get the gig I'll look out for the Chicago CAGs. :cool:[/quote]

you're getting a job at GC? good luck mann!

i was just there today tryin to get some of those used Sega games that were on sale but they didn't have any. it's like 5 min away from my house.

Hey guys! I'm not from Chicago, but I'm visiting your city next week.

I'll have a few hours to tool around the downtown area while I'm there. I'm staying at the Hotel Blake, to give you an idea of where I'll be located.

Anyone have any suggestions for things to do??

Thanks!

[quote name='Derwood43']Hey guys! I'm not from Chicago, but I'm visiting your city next week.

I'll have a few hours to tool around the downtown area while I'm there. I'm staying at the Hotel Blake, to give you an idea of where I'll be located.

Anyone have any suggestions for things to do??

Thanks![/quote]

Do you like museums, zoos or aquariums?

[quote name='typeRJ']you're getting a job at GC? good luck mann!

i was just there today tryin to get some of those used Sega games that were on sale but they didn't have any. it's like 5 min away from my house.[/quote]

I'm trying for Crazy as well as Gamestop. Hopefully something turns up.

[quote name='Derwood43']I like all three.

Also, any good restaurants I need to hit?[/quote]

I like Grand Lux Cafe (owned by Cheesecake Factory) or Wildfire.

Check out Metromix.com for more.

I would suggest the Shedd Aquarium or Field Museum if you have 2-3 hours.

I actually saw 2 Wiis at Target on Clark and Roosevelt this morning (around 9:30). Seems like they're dwindling in.

Hope they last w/ Mario Kart and Wii Fit coming out....

Derwood: Will you have access to a car or are you going to cab it everywhere? You gotta hit Lou Malnati's or Giardano's for Chicago style pizza.

Has anyone ever been to either, Classic Toys & Games in Rockford or the Volo Car museum (apparently they sell video games in one of the antique malls)?

I found these places from a google map function called The Retro Gaming Store Map that was linked to on the MTV Multiplayer blog.

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2008/04/16/rtfa-tuesday-our-links-are-your-links/

If it's even slightly worth while I'd consider making a day trip out of it.

Oh yeah, no one has added Videogames Then & Now to the google map yet. I'd do it but I have no idea how to work the pushpin thing on Google maps.

bread's done
Back