It took 108 years but this is finally home of the World Series champs Cubs!

ryosnk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Chicago's Very Own thread

9/11/ 2010 Meetup - at Galloping Ghost Arcade - Brookfield IL
top row:shieryda, CAG 79, ryosnk, slowdive21, mrosnwo, chi.bri
bottom row: Blackout, Ruben (ryosnk brother), dpac andWeaponX2099
chicagocags.jpg

Home of the 2013 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Home of the 2009-2010 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Hello, I am a Chicago guy so I would like to start a Chicago thread so maybe we can help each other out by letting Chicago area cheapasses find cheap deals.
:D

-Saturday, April 5 at 3PM Dunaly's on the Square 3137 W. Logan Blvd.-

7/31/2007
Would anyone be interested in a CAG Chicago meet up at game works (in woodfield)? They have a special for $10 on thursday for all you can play from 9 to midnight.

More info here: http://www.gameworks.com/events_deta...?location_id=6

HOME OF THE 2005 WORLD CHAMPION CHICAGO WHITE SOX
sox1.gif

20176977.jpg

Chicago member List (Now I know who gets my games :wink: j/k)

akilshohen
Apossum
Birbo
bobo2k4
Chickenhawk
Darkside Hazuki
Dpac
EdS25
FlipSide
Flybrione
Gameboy415
heffaji
JJAPPLE
jaykrue
jonnyfivealive
Johnny Postman
Jonny Polychronopoulos
Loserboy
mario23air
Maynard
Minqqq
peccosan
Prepster
Ragingbull2380
Rig
rly723
Rocksolidaudio (1up located in San Francisco)
ryosnk (Addison and austin)
SEGA128DC
SeraphiMichael
shadd01
shieryda (located near Six Corners)
Slipknot9762
souNReAL
Stoneage
tmei03
tqm11
Vicious
Walt Jay
Watchman
WeaponX2099
Wiseguy

Here are some little known stores in the Chicagoland area.

VideoGames Etc.
4351 N. Harlem
Norridge, IL 60706

Gamerz Garage
6128 Cass Ave
Westmont, IL 60559

Message originally posted by ryosnk on 04-19-2004 at 05:31 PM:

I'm going to be a dad! 10/02/07

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited 3/25/08 at 1:40am

last edit 8-21-08 5:12pm

Last edited by ryosnk; 09-12-2008 at 01:12 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 09-25-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 10-01-2008 at 03:00 AM.
8/27/2010
GO WHITE SOX AND CUBBIES! Maybe next year!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ryosnk']Hey is gale street inn expensive?[/quote]

Nah. It's average-priced.

Hey, I checked North Riverside. They had 1 copy of Grim Grimoire (sp?), but it was $23.99.

[quote name='shieryda']Nah. It's average-priced.

Hey, I checked North Riverside. They had 1 copy of Grim Grimoire (sp?), but it was $23.99.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info on gale and for checking out for gg.

Hey has anyone been able to use the $10 off xbox coupon from target on xbox live points and if so what store were you able to use it on?

Would you have any extras for sale? :)

[quote name='Hybrid5006']Go Cubs Go!! Go Cubs Go!!! Hey Chicago what do you say, Cubs are gonna win today![/QUOTE]

They just won! GO CUBS GO!

Any good Pawnshops here in Chicago? What PawnShops do you guys go to? I checked yellowpages.com but they seem to just offer jewelry. Any pawnshops that sell games, guitars, or skateboards?

I recently went to a Pawn Shop at North Avenue and 1st. They seemed to have some pretty decent deals there. Not really much of a selection of video games, but they had some rare movies and some cheap LCD television sets.

[quote name='Beast9287']I recently went to a Pawn Shop at North Avenue and 1st. They seemed to have some pretty decent deals there. Not really much of a selection of video games, but they had some rare movies and some cheap LCD television sets.[/quote]

Im gonna have to check that out, thanks.

Anyone know any good electric guitar repair shops? I wanna get back into playing guitar but my BC Rich is completely fucked up. Wires hanging everywhere, pick ups sinking in, terrible strings. Anyone know a good place to bring it into that won't charge me more than what I payed for the guitar?

I searched up ribfest, and i understand there is a 5 dollar donation, but is it like all you can eat ribs or what? haha thanks in advanced.

and i am also wondering about the target 10 dollar off coupons. has anyone been using them recently?

[quote name='phantac']I searched up ribfest, and i understand there is a 5 dollar donation, but is it like all you can eat ribs or what? haha thanks in advanced.

and i am also wondering about the target 10 dollar off coupons. has anyone been using them recently?[/quote]

naw you still have to buy tickets to purchase food and drinks.

i was debating on using any target coupon scans until someone got caught using the $5 off $25 coupon scan. someone at the niles target on touhy (near the leaning tower YMCA) got denied. dude claimed the manager guy was rude to him and blah blah blah. after he left, i overheard he employees that multiple times he tried to use it at the electronics dept then if he got denied, he'd go over to cashier in the front. this had be going on for a week or so. finally the one manager guy got fed up and alerted one of his front lane cashiers so that he'd come out with nothing.

the thing is, they were taking the coupon. but when you use multiple coupons in one day and they see you have multiple copies. someone's gonna notice.

Hmm, I was at the Best Buy on North Avenue a few days ago, and I noticed a 30% off rack with many games from various systems. I got All-Pro Football 2K8 ($9.99) and Dead or Alive: Xtreme 2 ($19.99), plus the discount for the Xbox 360. I really don't know if the 30% off sale is still going on?...

^^^Those are clearance games. Ususally they are 30% off, but some stores put them at 50% off for memorial day. Now they are back to 30% again at the store I shop at. YMMV of course.

[quote name='typeRJ']
i was debating on using any target coupon scans until someone got caught using the $5 off $25 coupon scan. someone at the niles target on touhy (near the leaning tower YMCA) got denied. dude claimed the manager guy was rude to him and blah blah blah. after he left, i overheard he employees that multiple times he tried to use it at the electronics dept then if he got denied, he'd go over to cashier in the front. this had be going on for a week or so. finally the one manager guy got fed up and alerted one of his front lane cashiers so that he'd come out with nothing.

the thing is, they were taking the coupon. but when you use multiple coupons in one day and they see you have multiple copies. someone's gonna notice.[/QUOTE]

I was at that Target today (Monday) and used a $10 off coupon for a copy of Thrillville for Xbox 360 (and the last one saw there, by the way). The guy paused and looked at the coupon, but scanned it anyway. But if I had read this thread before I left, I probably wouldn't have tried to use any coupons there. Guess I got away with one, huh?

No one should be denied on the $5 off $25. That is a valid web coupon. You can always go back to any target within 24 hours and have them apply the $5 off $25 coupon.

[quote name='typeRJ']naw you still have to buy tickets to purchase food and drinks.

the thing is, they were taking the coupon. but when you use multiple coupons in one day and they see you have multiple copies. someone's gonna notice.[/quote]

Shit like this is going to ruin it for everyone. That's a popular store for CAGs, so he'd better not fuck this up for the rest of us.

Wow. Cool to see Chicago CAGs scoring at Targets. I have had shit luck with Target so I just gave up on them. Nice to see people getting cheapy deals!

[quote name='chicagoz']I was at that Target today (Monday) and used a $10 off coupon for a copy of Thrillville for Xbox 360 (and the last one saw there, by the way). The guy paused and looked at the coupon, but scanned it anyway. But if I had read this thread before I left, I probably wouldn't have tried to use any coupons there. Guess I got away with one, huh?[/QUOTE]

Was that the copy at the hip target? I was going to get that the other day using the coupon but the guy at the register was a brick and I didn't want to try using it. Why shouldn't you have tried?

[quote name='SEGA128DC']Hmm, I was at the Best Buy on North Avenue a few days ago, and I noticed a 30% off rack with many games from various systems. I got All-Pro Football 2K8 ($9.99) and Dead or Alive: Xtreme 2 ($19.99), plus the discount for the Xbox 360. I really don't know if the 30% off sale is still going on?...[/QUOTE]

The Evanston BB has the same rack but it's up to 50% off - Some pretty decent games too along with the usual junk (picked up Panzer Tactics DS for $10 and Bleach DS for $15.)

[quote name='ryosnk']Was that the copy at the hip target? I was going to get that the other day using the coupon but the guy at the register was a brick and I didn't want to try using it. Why shouldn't you have tried?[/QUOTE]

It was the Niles Target, and someone mentioned that the employees there were warned about one of the coupon scans...

I stopped by the Big Lots on Dempster (in Niles? Morton Grove?) for the first time yesterday. They had much of nothing as far as those PC games go. I saw maybe 1 copy each left of City of Heroes, the COH + COV pack, and Spellforce 2. 10 10 and 6 respectively. Games are mixed in with all the videos and DVDs. Gigli for $3 (pass)!

I did grab a box of 1.5L bottles of Crystal Geyser for .60 a bottle. Where I work they charge $2 a bottle for a bottle (16 oz?) of that filtered Aquafina bullshit. I feel a little stupid, though, because honestly, in Chicago we have great tap water compared to the rest of the country.

Hey, gang. I just realized that Blues Fest is this weekend. BB King will be there, his first time in 20 years.

Also, I'm going to try and get over to Rib Fest, too, if anyone wants to meet up.

Target in Broadview didn't have shit for 360 games (clearance, anyways). They did have 2 copies of Cars, and a couple Fables for $4.98, though. 3 or 4 Kingdom Hearts 2 guides, also $4.98.

They still had 3 or 4 1600 point cards on sale for $14.99, too.

[quote name='dfg']I feel a little stupid, though, because honestly, in Chicago we have great tap water compared to the rest of the country.[/QUOTE]

I remember seeing on TV that we have one of the best water filtration plants (or whatever the process is) in the country. Ever since I saw that, I stopped buying bottled water. I'll get a case now and then for convenience.

[quote name='chicagoz']I remember seeing on TV that we have one of the best water filtration plants (or whatever the process is) in the country. Ever since I saw that, I stopped buying bottled water. I'll get a case now and then for convenience.[/quote]

I drink the stuff everyday and I haven't grown an extra arm or head so it must be pretty clean.

Hey where the hell are all the Suburbanites? I guess I'm the only one here representing Lockport :whistle2:?

Anyway, tickets go on sale 06/27/08 for Video Games Live, November 15th at the Chicago Theatre. I went to the one a few years ago at Rosemont, it's a lot of fun.

[quote name='pezmanmike']Hey where the hell are all the Suburbanites? I guess I'm the only one here representing Lockport :whistle2:?

Anyway, tickets go on sale 06/27/08 for Video Games Live, November 15th at the Chicago Theatre. I went to the one a few years ago at Rosemont, it's a lot of fun.[/quote]

I wanted to go to the Final Fantasy one, but didn't make it out. Thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='c!ty']http://www.chicagotribune.com/features/lifestyle/explore/chi-arcades-end-0605jun05,0,3830088.story

This brought a tear to my eye. I have many fond memories of Diversions, Cybertron @ Golf Mill, "Play Zone" (I think it was) @ Randhurst and Super Just Games in Northbrook. I'm actually going to Wisconsin Dells this summer with my gf. Gameland will definitely be on the itinerary.[/QUOTE]

Yeah sad to read that as well. I will definitely try to stop by there this summer.

[quote name='slowdive21']^^^ Does that big lots get anime DVDs?[/quote]

...sorry, I'm not sure. I don't usually keep an eye out for them.

[quote name='c!ty']http://www.chicagotribune.com/features/lifestyle/explore/chi-arcades-end-0605jun05,0,3830088.story

This brought a tear to my eye. I have many fond memories of Diversions, Cybertron @ Golf Mill, "Play Zone" (I think it was) @ Randhurst and Super Just Games in Northbrook. I'm actually going to Wisconsin Dells this summer with my gf. Gameland will definitely be on the itinerary.[/quote]

Saw that too. I remember Diversions at its original, smaller location and then the move to the bigger space across the, uh, strip. Also, the Novelty Golf/Bunny Hutch arcade, and Dennis' off the Belmont L stop. I was in high school when MK2 came out and we'd be there watching people discover moves and fatalities. Been to most of the arcades on the north side and n suburbs at least once.

Good times.

Hey man, jw if you could add me to the list.

I live in the south suburbs of Chicago....okay well hopefully this will help some people these are the places I have visited and what they had. 360 Games.

Targets:
Orland Park IL - Cars for 12.98
Tinley Park IL - NONE
Crestwood IL - NONE
Homewood IL - Cars and CoD II
Matteson IL - NONE
DeKalb IL - Jackpot! They had the following games for 360...
The Bigs for 14.98
Cars for 9.98
Fantastic four for 9.98
Monster Madness for 9.98
Virtua Tennis 3 for 9.98
College Hoops 2K8 for 7.48
Forza 2 for 19.98

Let me know if ne1 has any good deals for the south side of Chi-Town

[quote name='Tolmes']Hey man, jw if you could add me to the list.

I live in the south suburbs of Chicago....okay well hopefully this will help some people these are the places I have visited and what they had. 360 Games.

Targets:
Orland Park IL - Cars for 12.98
Tinley Park IL - NONE
Crestwood IL - NONE
Homewood IL - Cars and CoD II
Matteson IL - NONE
DeKalb IL - Jackpot! They had the following games for 360...
The Bigs for 14.98
Cars for 9.98
Fantastic four for 9.98
Monster Madness for 9.98
Virtua Tennis 3 for 9.98
College Hoops 2K8 for 7.48
Forza 2 for 19.98

Let me know if ne1 has any good deals for the south side of Chi-Town[/quote]

Damnit, why does Dekalb have to be so far away, I'd love to pick up College Hoops for that price.

Does anyone live by a barnes and noble? If so and you are going inside can someone check if they have retro gamer #50. I appreciate it.

Anyone else going to Chicago Comicon Saturday the 28th?

[quote name='ryosnk']Does anyone live by a barnes and noble? If so and you are going inside can someone check if they have retro gamer #50. I appreciate it.[/QUOTE]

That's a video game mag? What's so special about it?

[quote name='slowdive21']Any of you guys buying the 80 GB PS3 at WM?[/QUOTE]

Got a 60 GB PS3 already...

The EBX at Old Orchard has been gone for a while now, yes? Is there any other place to find games around there besides the Best Buy across the street?

I'll be at Ravinia this Saturday to check out some Mexican music (Tigres del Norte). I love the picnic atmosphere there but it sucks when it rains or the ground is wet, which it likely will be this weekend. Gotta find a tarp.

Was at the Forest Park WM today picking up the 80 GB and I saw about a dozen GH copies of BLACK for PS2 clearanced off for $5. Not sure if it's a deal, but I hear it's a really good game.

[quote name='chicagoz']Anyone else going to Chicago Comicon Saturday the 28th?

That's a video game mag? What's so special about it?
...[/QUOTE]

-I might but not sure yet. Depends if my friends wants to go. You going?

-Yes its a mag from uk that talks about classic gaming. Its a good read, hard to find since not many stores carry it and its abit high in price ($12).

[quote name='dfg']The EBX at Old Orchard has been gone for a while now, yes? Is there any other place to find games around there besides the Best Buy across the street?

I'll be at Ravinia this Saturday to check out some Mexican music (Tigres del Norte). I love the picnic atmosphere there but it sucks when it rains or the ground is wet, which it likely will be this weekend. Gotta find a tarp.[/QUOTE]

Hey dfg, the Tigres del Norte was what was usually be playing in my Mom's car. :) Good music.

I still got :ps3: GH3 complete and mint. Need to get rid of it. If any of you are interested just shoot me an offer.

[quote name='chicagoz']Anyone else going to Chicago Comicon Saturday the 28th?

Not on saturday. I should be going on friday. I am debating if I want to go by myself.

[quote name='nny77713'][quote name='chicagoz']Anyone else going to Chicago Comicon Saturday the 28th?

Not on saturday. I should be going on friday. I am debating if I want to go by myself.[/quote]

I'm going on Friday with my Brother and Dad. I will be the guy who grabs lots of stuff and is in a hurry OR the guy looking at .25 bins on the floor while some fat guy's teabag is 2 inches from my head.

This year for the first time we are going to the SDCC, so that will be pretty crazy too.

bread's done
Back