It took 108 years but this is finally home of the World Series champs Cubs!

ryosnk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Chicago's Very Own thread

9/11/ 2010 Meetup - at Galloping Ghost Arcade - Brookfield IL
top row:shieryda, CAG 79, ryosnk, slowdive21, mrosnwo, chi.bri
bottom row: Blackout, Ruben (ryosnk brother), dpac andWeaponX2099
chicagocags.jpg

Home of the 2013 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Home of the 2009-2010 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Hello, I am a Chicago guy so I would like to start a Chicago thread so maybe we can help each other out by letting Chicago area cheapasses find cheap deals.
:D

-Saturday, April 5 at 3PM Dunaly's on the Square 3137 W. Logan Blvd.-

7/31/2007
Would anyone be interested in a CAG Chicago meet up at game works (in woodfield)? They have a special for $10 on thursday for all you can play from 9 to midnight.

More info here: http://www.gameworks.com/events_deta...?location_id=6

HOME OF THE 2005 WORLD CHAMPION CHICAGO WHITE SOX
sox1.gif

20176977.jpg

Chicago member List (Now I know who gets my games :wink: j/k)

akilshohen
Apossum
Birbo
bobo2k4
Chickenhawk
Darkside Hazuki
Dpac
EdS25
FlipSide
Flybrione
Gameboy415
heffaji
JJAPPLE
jaykrue
jonnyfivealive
Johnny Postman
Jonny Polychronopoulos
Loserboy
mario23air
Maynard
Minqqq
peccosan
Prepster
Ragingbull2380
Rig
rly723
Rocksolidaudio (1up located in San Francisco)
ryosnk (Addison and austin)
SEGA128DC
SeraphiMichael
shadd01
shieryda (located near Six Corners)
Slipknot9762
souNReAL
Stoneage
tmei03
tqm11
Vicious
Walt Jay
Watchman
WeaponX2099
Wiseguy

Here are some little known stores in the Chicagoland area.

VideoGames Etc.
4351 N. Harlem
Norridge, IL 60706

Gamerz Garage
6128 Cass Ave
Westmont, IL 60559

Message originally posted by ryosnk on 04-19-2004 at 05:31 PM:

I'm going to be a dad! 10/02/07

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited 3/25/08 at 1:40am

last edit 8-21-08 5:12pm

Last edited by ryosnk; 09-12-2008 at 01:12 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 09-25-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 10-01-2008 at 03:00 AM.
8/27/2010
GO WHITE SOX AND CUBBIES! Maybe next year!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ouch that sucks. On the way home I saw a massive tree on top of some sucker's car. Felt bad for the guy. My cat was going nuts last night. Running all over the house and following me wherever I went. He was scared shitless. I'm surprised my power didn't go off. In the past I had lost it over less storms. Kinda weird.

[quote name='Blackout542']Ouch that sucks. On the way home I saw a massive tree on top of some sucker's car. Felt bad for the guy. My cat was going nuts last night. Running all over the house and following me wherever I went. He was scared shitless. I'm surprised my power didn't go off. In the past I had lost it over less storms. Kinda weird.[/quote]

I have to walk around back when I get home tonight to make sure our DirecTV dish is still where it's supposed to be...

Where do you live again, Shieryda?

I only lost my 'net connection three times but nothing more serious than that, here in (W) Rogers Park. I was on my porch watching the storm last night, thinking holy crap this is a storm, and I'm surprised by the lack of visual evidence I saw of it today. One of my clanmates who I was online with last night is a weather buff and he told me he saw how massive the storm was as it was represented graphically online (can't think of a better way to phrase that).

I just built my own PC, I've got games for ps2, xbox, ps3, 360, and wii I would be willing to trade for World in Conflict on the PC. If you are willing to trade it let me know what system(s) you are have and what games you want.

[quote name='Blackout542']I was at the Applebees by the Brickyard when the shit went down. Power kept going on and off in the place. The Popeyes next door as well as all the signs went completely off. On the way home there was a massive tree in the middle of the street that blocked off the whole road. We took a side street and there were trees down everywhere.

Tornado sirens went off? Shit are you serious? I didn't hear them. All I know is God must have been PISSED. Did His 360 RROD or something? That storm was too crazy.[/QUOTE]

Hey my wife was picking up some food at taco bell by the applebees and when she drove away the power went out. I was worried about her (she was with her sister also) but she didnt want to eat anything at home.

[quote name='ryosnk']Hey my wife was picking up some food at taco bell by the applebees and when she drove away the power went out. I was worried about her (she was with her sister also) but she didnt want to eat anything at home.[/quote]

Wow when the power went out it was windy/rainy to the extreme. Did she get home safe?

[quote name='Blackout542']Wow when the power went out it was windy/rainy to the extreme. Did she get home safe?[/QUOTE]

Yeah she got home safe but I was worried expecially since I was not able to get a cellphone connection through her phone.

[quote name='dfg']Where do you live again, Shieryda?

I only lost my 'net connection three times but nothing more serious than that, here in (W) Rogers Park. I was on my porch watching the storm last night, thinking holy crap this is a storm, and I'm surprised by the lack of visual evidence I saw of it today. One of my clanmates who I was online with last night is a weather buff and he told me he saw how massive the storm was as it was represented graphically online (can't think of a better way to phrase that).[/quote]

Six Corners area. Our association is now in the process of filing insurance claims for damaged roofs and vehicles hit by falling debris. Should be interesting...

I was at work when that storm hit. When I got off, I tried to get to my car but I couldn't see it. The rain was coming down that hard! First time that I can remember it raining like that.

[quote name='chicagoz']I was at work when that storm hit. When I got off, I tried to get to my car but I couldn't see it. The rain was coming down that hard! First time that I can remember it raining like that.[/quote]

You didn't try to drive home in that shit, did you?!

[quote name='shieryda']You didn't try to drive home in that shit, did you?![/quote]

I did. I was downtown at my friend's condo when the sirens went off. My gf and her best friend had a makeup appointment for her friend's wedding. We were on the 33rd floor at her condo and had to go down. 7 min later it was ok.

We left for Schaumburg at 10:30 pm and got caught in the 2nd really bad storm around Fullerton and 90/94. People completely stopped and turned their hazards on. I finally got her home at 12:30 am. I drove home to my house on Austin between Belmont and Addison. There were broken fences, trees in the streets, downed stoplights, etc. There was no power from the exit at Nagle Ave all the way to my house. Maybe only 3 stoplights worked out of 8.

Things are getting better around my area, but I still don't have power. Again, I'm on Austin between Belmont and Addison. My basement flooded today because the sump pump isn't working...really sucks. And I live in the basement! At least my systems and electronics are ok. Water made it halfway across the room but didn't get to my TV stand...I woke up just in time.

I called and ComEd said 90% of people should get power back today at 6:00 pm. If it's a huge problem, then as late as Friday midnight. I hope I'm not so unlucky.

Reading these stories I'm amazed at how little damage there was out my way in Elmhurst. We heard the sirens go off but they sounded distant. So I looked out the window and watched the lightning storm for a while. Eventually the rain slacked off a bit and I headed out the door to return some movies to the library. I pulled into their parking lot and noticed someone had pulled their SUV up onto the curb right in front of the doors and abandoned the vehicle. I thought that was kind of strange... I pulled up to their drive-up window but there was no one around and I had to wait five minutes until someone showed up. Around the same time people started streaming out of the library. So I asked the librarian what was going on and she told me they had been hiding the basement for the last 45 minutes. She proceeds to tell me that a funnel cloud had been sighted a few blocks away which is why they had to go down there. Crazy shit... and I was out driving in that weather and didn't notice a thing. Turns out the report was inaccurate, but still scared the crap out of people in our area. Chicago did seem to get the worst of the damage. My parents had their patio furniture blown all over the yard and a lot of flooding from the rain. I'm glad it missed us.

From traffic.com:

CHICAGO ROAD HAZARDS
As a result of recent storms, the City Of Chicago is reporting 3,023 tree emergencies, 310 traffic signal outages, 113 light poles damaged, and 195 incidents of wires down.

Okay, who took all the copies of Eternal Sonata (360) from the CC's on Elston and North Avenue? There was only one copy left at the North Ave. CC, but there was a very deep slash on the back of the game case, that went all the way through to the case itself! I left it at the store, Circuit City employees are just animals!...

Anyway, I did see a copy of F.E.A.R. for the PS3, behind the glass, and there's also one Halo 3 Sling Bag on clearance for $17.02 at the CC on North Ave. I got one for myself a few days ago, it really looks nice in black with lots of compartments and thick padding. It's definitely worth $17...

[quote name='shieryda']You didn't try to drive home in that shit, did you?![/QUOTE]

I waited 5-10 minutes but it was already getting close to midnight and I had no idea how long the storm would last. I didn't want to get home really late so I braved it out. :)

[quote name='SEGA128DC']Okay, who took all the copies of Eternal Sonata (360) from the CC's on Elston and North Avenue? There was only one copy left at the North Ave. CC, but there was a very deep slash on the back of the game case, that went all the way through to the case itself! I left it at the store, Circuit City employees are just animals!...

[/quote]

Was it on clearance?

[quote name='shieryda']From traffic.com:

CHICAGO ROAD HAZARDS
As a result of recent storms, the City Of Chicago is reporting 3,023 tree emergencies, 310 traffic signal outages, 113 light poles damaged, and 195 incidents of wires down.[/QUOTE]

Funniest thing about the storm at our condo - we were in the basement resident garage chit chatting w/ the neighbors while waiting it out.

Then in comes a dude in a moped. Needless to say, he was FUBAR and glad to have made it.

Mopeds and motorcycles are just organ donors on wheels in my mind. At least wear a freaking helmet. Chicago law amazes me sometimes.

[quote name='SEGA128DC']Okay, who took all the copies of Eternal Sonata (360) from the CC's on Elston and North Avenue? There was only one copy left at the North Ave. CC, but there was a very deep slash on the back of the game case, that went all the way through to the case itself! I left it at the store, Circuit City employees are just animals!...

Anyway, I did see a copy of F.E.A.R. for the PS3, behind the glass, and there's also one Halo 3 Sling Bag on clearance for $17.02 at the CC on North Ave. I got one for myself a few days ago, it really looks nice in black with lots of compartments and thick padding. It's definitely worth $17...
[/QUOTE]

Yeah - I thought there were a bunch of Eternal Sonata at these two CC from past trips but when I checked Friday morning, nothing too be found. Did manage to find the Wii games at North Ave along with a hidden FFXII:RW. Got lucky too and picked up Taiko Drum Master which had been sitting on an endcap at $50 forever but just hit $16.96.

Didn't see the Halo bag - is it just a carrying case for the 360 or more like an actual backpack?

If anyone's still looking for a Wii, Target on Roosevelt Road in Wheaton has TONS of them in stock right now. The glass case was FULL when I was there this afternoon.

Has anyone found a cheap Playstion Eye for PS3 on clearance at a Target around here??
They ring up $39.99 for me..

[quote name='Johnny Postman']Didn't see the Halo bag - is it just a carrying case for the 360 or more like an actual backpack?[/quote]

Hmm, it looks like an actual backpack, but I doubt it can be as useful as a real school backpack. It's specifically designed to carry an Xbox 360 with lots of compartments to hold accessories, cables and controllers. There's also a front zipper compartment that can hold up to ten games...

The Halo 3 Sling Bag was on the top shelf at the very end of the Xbox 360 section...

I hope, I can still find Armored Core 4 (360), today...

Wish me luck...;)

Picked up a 360 Rock Band bundle for $100 today at Guitar Center (Halsted) so it looks like the sale is still going on here.

Was a really good day since I also snagged a Time Crisis 4 for $30 from the Bucktown BB - but man oh man I've been spending way too much recently on CAG sales/clearance games.

[quote name='Johnny Postman']Picked up a 360 Rock Band bundle for $100 today at Guitar Center (Halsted) so it looks like the sale is still going on here.

[/quote]

Nice find!

So my Xbox 360 that I waited 11 hours for on launch day finally red ringed Tuesday. I'm thinking about getting the Elite from Dell. Anyone hear or read of them red ringing alot?

[quote name='chicagoz']So my Xbox 360 that I waited 11 hours for on launch day finally red ringed Tuesday. I'm thinking about getting the Elite from Dell. Anyone hear or read of them red ringing alot?[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat chicagoz - been without a 360 since January after my elite RROD'd (#2 for me) and was really tempted to get in on the Dell deal. If you do go with this sale, you should be OK as people have reported fairly recent build dates (spring '08) on elites from Dell.

In the end, I decided to wait a little longer for the Jaspers to come out along with the price drop in Sept.

I bought an Elite on April of this year and it already crapped out last week. Good thing that I got the extended warranty from Best Buy though. All I had to do was go exchange it for a new one and swap the hard drives. So to answer your question, the newer 360's are still crap.

In the mourning I went to go feed the turtle and I notice a red light coming from my entertainment room and the 360 system is flashing three red lights but I turn it on and then off and it starts rumbling all hard through the shutdown motion, I turn it back up and it works good but its making a loud noise when reading the disk. This will be my fourth 360 if I have to replace it.

[quote name='Johnny Postman']Picked up a 360 Rock Band bundle for $100 today at Guitar Center (Halsted) so it looks like the sale is still going on here.

Was a really good day since I also snagged a Time Crisis 4 for $30 from the Bucktown BB - but man oh man I've been spending way too much recently on CAG sales/clearance games.[/quote]

Nice find for TC4...

Hi everyone,

First deal post for me. I hope this hasn't already been posted. Didn't bother reading through all 113 pages before posting. :) :) :)

Just got back from the Target store located at 2656 N Elston Ave, Chicago (near north store).

This ONE store is offering Xbox Live 12+1 month cards for $37.49 (NO TAX!) as an "instant substitution" because they are currently sold out of the $14.99 1600 pt. Microsoft Live Cards. I don't know why they are not charging sales tax, but thank GOD since Chi tax is like 10.25% these days.

THIS DEAL ENDS TOMORROW, 8/16/08. They had like 80 cards around 3pm today. I went back just before closing to pick up 2 cards and they were down to like 25. So if you want 'em, yall better haul ass down to this one store.

[quote name='CAG 79']As of today, there is one more X360 Scene It game ($24.99) left at the Sears by North/Harlem.[/quote]

Is this the game-only version or is this the one bundled with the controllers?

I went to the Target in Palatine on Dundee Rd. today and they had a bunch of copies of Bioshock clearanced for $19.97. They also had Bully for $14.97, Spiderwick Chronicles for $19.97, and a bunch of other random games for pretty cheap. These were all for the 360. They had tons of copies of Bioshock while I was there so I made sure to pick up my copy.

[quote name='epmoto200']Is this the game-only version or is this the one bundled with the controllers?[/QUOTE]

It's the bundle version.

[quote name='Gally_009']I went to the Target in Palatine on Dundee Rd. today and they had a bunch of copies of Bioshock clearanced for $19.97. They also had Bully for $14.97, Spiderwick Chronicles for $19.97, and a bunch of other random games for pretty cheap. These were all for the 360. They had tons of copies of Bioshock while I was there so I made sure to pick up my copy.[/quote]

Thanks for the heads-up. Swung by today and grabbed Bioshock (they only had 2 copies left, i took 1) and the last copy of Bully. They had 1 copy of Viking something-or-other also priced at 19.97, 1 copy of The Club for just under $25, and a shit ton of Madden 08's and Tiger Woods 08's on the clearance end-cap... don't remember the prices though... maybe around $15 for the 360/PS3 versions and like around $10 for the PS2 versions? They also a bunch of crappy Wii shovel-ware titles on clearance (crap like Chicken Shoot, etc...)

I'm wondering if Bioshock on sale at all Targets? It was priced at $27.98 on Friday at my local store. If this is on clearance, does anyone know how long it'll take for this title to hit the $9.97 price point?

Tried to swing by Sears to see if that last copy of Scene-It was still there, but the doors were already locked at 6:30pm. Sign on the door says open till 9pm on Sundays. No wonder Sears is going down the tubes.

[quote name='ryosnk'] This will be my fourth 360 if I have to replace it.[/quote]

Microsoft should just be sending customers like you free consoles for the rest of your life.:) It still amazes me that they didn't do something more for consumers after that whole fiasco.

[quote name='CAG 79']Are there any stores besides pawn shops that buy used electronics? I got a 8GB Ipod Touch that I want to get rid of.[/quote]

You should try Craigslist first.

Are there any ChiCAGoans out there with RCN as there ISP? I've got them and I guess I live in a high traffic (internet users, not cars) area (Lakeview) because I've had some connection problems from about 5:00pm-7:30pm. Anyone else with these problems? Also, does anyone have the 360 wireless adapter and if so, is it better or worse than just running an ethernet cable from a router.

[quote name='flybrione']I went to six corners Sears yesterday and picked up a copy of scene it. There is one more copy left.[/quote]

GET OUT OF MY 'HOOD!!! Just kidding. Thanks for the update.:D

[quote name='shieryda']Isn't it about time for a meet-up???[/QUOTE]

Hey I was thinking about that the other day. It would be cool to hang out before it get cold. I'm in for one. You want to plan it?

[quote name='shieryda']Isn't it about time for a meet-up???[/QUOTE]

I'd be up for a meet-up/trading session as well. Need to rebuild my 360 collection after discovering the other day that the movers had helped themselves to a box of my games.

A meet up would be awesome.

BTW, what's the best place to pawn a t.v. at? Anyone go to certain shops that give good prices?

If the meet up isn't on a Tuesday or Wednesday, can it please be planned out about 2 weeks in advance so I can get the day off work to go this time :) I missed the last one...

You guys want to do a Saturday (or Sunday) in September? Maybe at D&B's or Gameworks? ESPNzone is kinda lame.

Young 'uns under 21 need to be accompanied by an adult (25 years or older) from 6-9PM, and it's 21 and over after 9PM at Gameworks. I'm assuming we'll want to have it earlier...

ryosnk: can you please update the title to state that a meet-up is being planned? Maybe it'll get more traffic.

[quote name='shieryda']You guys want to do a Saturday (or Sunday) in September? Maybe at D&B's or Gameworks? ESPNzone is kinda lame.

Young 'uns under 21 need to be accompanied by an adult (25 years or older) from 6-9PM, and it's 21 and over after 9PM at Gameworks. I'm assuming we'll want to have it earlier...

ryosnk: can you please update the title to state that a meet-up is being planned? Maybe it'll get more traffic.[/QUOTE]

Hey somewhere more local since those places are kind of loud and some people may not want to drive that far. Maybe a local pizza joint or maybe at someone's house (I rent so no space). Anyone have any other ideas? Also, it would be cool to record the conversations and maybe have a local Chicago area podcast. HAHA beat that every other region thread! :)

[quote name='shieryda']Young 'uns under 21 need to be accompanied by an adult (25 years or older) from 6-9PM, and it's 21 and over after 9PM at Gameworks. I'm assuming we'll want to have it earlier...[/QUOTE]

I don't have to worry about age restrictions myself, but hitting up a place like Super Just Games (aka Nickel City) up in Northbrook would probably open up the gaming to all ages (and fans of Capcom). Eating would be another matter, as agreeing on a good local pizza place would be ideal. Anybody around here try Wa-Pa-Ghetti's Pizza over in Wheeling? I've heard it's pretty decent.

http://www.nickelcitygames.com/
http://www.yelp.com/biz/nickel-city-northbrook
http://www.wapaghettispizza.com/

bread's done
Back