It took 108 years but this is finally home of the World Series champs Cubs!

ryosnk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Chicago's Very Own thread

9/11/ 2010 Meetup - at Galloping Ghost Arcade - Brookfield IL
top row:shieryda, CAG 79, ryosnk, slowdive21, mrosnwo, chi.bri
bottom row: Blackout, Ruben (ryosnk brother), dpac andWeaponX2099
chicagocags.jpg

Home of the 2013 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Home of the 2009-2010 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Hello, I am a Chicago guy so I would like to start a Chicago thread so maybe we can help each other out by letting Chicago area cheapasses find cheap deals.
:D

-Saturday, April 5 at 3PM Dunaly's on the Square 3137 W. Logan Blvd.-

7/31/2007
Would anyone be interested in a CAG Chicago meet up at game works (in woodfield)? They have a special for $10 on thursday for all you can play from 9 to midnight.

More info here: http://www.gameworks.com/events_deta...?location_id=6

HOME OF THE 2005 WORLD CHAMPION CHICAGO WHITE SOX
sox1.gif

20176977.jpg

Chicago member List (Now I know who gets my games :wink: j/k)

akilshohen
Apossum
Birbo
bobo2k4
Chickenhawk
Darkside Hazuki
Dpac
EdS25
FlipSide
Flybrione
Gameboy415
heffaji
JJAPPLE
jaykrue
jonnyfivealive
Johnny Postman
Jonny Polychronopoulos
Loserboy
mario23air
Maynard
Minqqq
peccosan
Prepster
Ragingbull2380
Rig
rly723
Rocksolidaudio (1up located in San Francisco)
ryosnk (Addison and austin)
SEGA128DC
SeraphiMichael
shadd01
shieryda (located near Six Corners)
Slipknot9762
souNReAL
Stoneage
tmei03
tqm11
Vicious
Walt Jay
Watchman
WeaponX2099
Wiseguy

Here are some little known stores in the Chicagoland area.

VideoGames Etc.
4351 N. Harlem
Norridge, IL 60706

Gamerz Garage
6128 Cass Ave
Westmont, IL 60559

Message originally posted by ryosnk on 04-19-2004 at 05:31 PM:

I'm going to be a dad! 10/02/07

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited 3/25/08 at 1:40am

last edit 8-21-08 5:12pm

Last edited by ryosnk; 09-12-2008 at 01:12 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 09-25-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 10-01-2008 at 03:00 AM.
8/27/2010
GO WHITE SOX AND CUBBIES! Maybe next year!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Blackout']Which Best Buy did you hit up? Was there a lot of copies left?[/quote]

I live in the Far-North burbs right now (practically Wisconsin)...There were 4 or 5 of them at the store.

[quote name='slowdive21']I live in the Far-North burbs right now (practically Wisconsin)...There were 4 or 5 of them at the store.[/quote]

Ahhh ok. I'm going to go to the HIP tomorrow. Hopefully that BB doesn't suck like it usually does and I can get a copy.

shieryda, thanks. I'm a big fan of his :D

[quote name='Blackout']Ahhh ok. I'm going to go to the HIP tomorrow. Hopefully that BB doesn't suck like it usually does and I can get a copy.

shieryda, thanks. I'm a big fan of his :D[/quote]
Wat time you going?

[quote name='rick3000gto']Wat time you going?[/quote]

I'm not sure, probably after school. Maybe 6-7ish?

Hey, yesterday the target in the brickyard had a few wii's if anyone is interested. So anyone interested in a gameworks meet up?

[quote name='ryosnk']Hey, yesterday the target in the brickyard had a few wii's if anyone is interested. So anyone interested in a gameworks meet up?[/quote]

Yeah that would be cool. Where is that at?

Anyone know if another meet up is in the future in the city??? I missed the last 2 because of work. Now I get Sundays off with my new work schedule. I live by Ashland & Diversey.

[quote name='KevinMassacre']Anyone know if another meet up is in the future in the city??? I missed the last 2 because of work. Now I get Sundays off with my new work schedule. I live by Ashland & Diversey.[/quote]

Yes, eventually. Next time, I vote for Taco Bell or someplace cheap as shit. No more $11 sandwiches for me!:D

Yeah those 99 cent crunchy tacos are the best. I had 3 yesterday for breakfast.

[quote name='shieryda']Yes, eventually. Next time, I vote for Taco Bell or someplace cheap as shit. No more $11 sandwiches for me!:D[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Blackout']Yeah those 99 cent crunchy tacos are the best. I had 3 yesterday for breakfast.[/QUOTE]

In the spirit of CAG, I wholeheartedly agree (though the management would probably get annoyed by a dozen guys sticking around talking games for an hour or more after eating). $5 sandwiches from Potbelly or Jimmy John's could work well with the wallet, but seating at these places doesn't always work so well for larger groups. Portillo's by Old Orchard's got some movable tables if that helps.

If any Chicago CAGs are into wrestling, I have a bunch of dvds and vhs that I have in my tradelist that I need to get rid of. I want to sell it as a lot. If any of you are interested, or know someone that might be interested, let me know. I need to get rid of this stuff!

Not sure if anyone's looking for them but thought I'd mention it, at the Forest Park Walmart I saw a Wii Fit and a Wii in the glass case.

[quote name='KevinMassacre']Anyone know if another meet up is in the future in the city??? I missed the last 2 because of work. Now I get Sundays off with my new work schedule. I live by Ashland & Diversey.[/quote]

My girlfriend just moved into an apartment nearby you. Just wanted to mention I have a girlfriend.

About the taco bell thing. I'm in Mexico as I write this and have been here for about a month now. I've been buying delicious $0.75 tacos and that's on the expensive end here. Let me tell you, taco bell is an insult to my people and is not cheap whatsoever.
If someone had a place big enough to host, that'd be sweet. I'd be willing to do so at my parents' place if guys were interested. It's in the near NW burbs, though, so maybe that's not a great location. Also, a BBQ would be nice. Come to think of it, maybe that's a better idea for Spring or Summer.
fuck it, let's go to Taco Bell. Yo quiero pinche mierda tacos. :roll:

[quote name='Amerijapoxicano']My girlfriend just moved into an apartment nearby you. Just wanted to mention I have a girlfriend.

About the taco bell thing. I'm in Mexico as I write this and have been here for about a month now. I've been buying delicious $0.75 tacos and that's on the expensive end here. Let me tell you, taco bell is an insult to my people and is not cheap whatsoever.
If someone had a place big enough to host, that'd be sweet. I'd be willing to do so at my parents' place if guys were interested. It's in the near NW burbs, though, so maybe that's not a great location. Also, a BBQ would be nice. Come to think of it, maybe that's a better idea for Spring or Summer.
fuck it, let's go to Taco Bell. Yo quiero pinche mierda tacos. :roll:[/quote]

We could always go to Taco Burrito King, if you want.:D

You are quite the world traveler. And when did you get a girlfriend? You just moved back from Japan like 3 weeks ago!

[quote name='shieryda']We could always go to Taco Burrito King, if you want.:D

You are quite the world traveler. And when did you get a girlfriend? You just moved back from Japan like 3 weeks ago![/quote]

I don't travel that much. You guys just met me during an extended period of travel. Wish I could just travel non-stop, but I'm not on cheapassgamer.com for nothing.
About the girlfriend, I kind of cheated. I got my "beard" while in Japan and brought her back. She's from the strange corner of the world known as California. Sorry guys, unfortunately, she's just a plain old white girl...:cry: Just kidding. They're all pink inside.

I'm mostly kidding about Taco Bell, too. I'd be fine with that. They usually have a soda fountain too, which is nice. Food-wise, Taco Burrito King is a step up. I'm pretty easy.

[quote name='Amerijapoxicano']My girlfriend just moved into an apartment nearby you. Just wanted to mention I have a girlfriend.[/quote]

Hahahahha!

I'm with you on Taco Bell. I'll only eat those tacos if there is no other option for Mexican food. But here in the city, there is always an option.

Last edited by a moderator:
4234 ARLINGTON HEIGHTS 370 EAST RAND RD ARLINGTON HEIGHT IL 60004
3758 BATAVIA 1980 W FABYAN PARKWAY BATAVIA IL 60510
1818 BLOOMINGDALE OUTLET 152 S GARY AVE SUITE101 BLOOMINGDALE IL 60108
3790 BOLINGBROOK 111 S WEBER RD BOLINGBROOK IL 60490
3122 CALUMET CITY 1747 EAST-WEST ROAD CALUMET CITY IL 60409
3794 NORTH AVE 1030 W NORTH AVENUE CHICAGO IL 60622
4126 COUNTRYSIDE 9950 JOLIET RD COUNTRYSIDE IL 60525
3171 CRYSTAL LAKE 4483 US HIGHWAY 14 CRYSTAL LAKE IL 60014
3123 JOLIET 3150 TONTI DR JOLIET MALL JOLIET IL 60431
3795 KILDEER 20505 N RAND RD BLDG E LAKE ZURICH IL 60047
3118 SKOKIE 5701 TOUHY AVE NILES IL 60714
4268 OSWEGO 1720 DOUGLAS RD OSWEGO IL 60543
4195 HOFFMAN ESTATES 100 WEST HIGGINS ROAD SOUTH BARRINGTON IL 60010​
3124 VERNON HILLS 551 NORTH MILWAUKEE AVE VERNON HILLS IL 60061

[quote name='shieryda']
4234 ARLINGTON HEIGHTS 370 EAST RAND RD ARLINGTON HEIGHT IL 60004
3794 NORTH AVE 1030 W NORTH AVENUE CHICAGO IL 60622
3118 SKOKIE 5701 TOUHY AVE NILES IL 60714
4195 HOFFMAN ESTATES 100 WEST HIGGINS ROAD SOUTH BARRINGTON IL 60010​
[/QUOTE]

Well, I guess this North Sider will always (er, for the time being) have 2500 North Elston... for price matches and such. Here's to any decent clearance sales, I guess.

[quote name='shieryda']4234 ARLINGTON HEIGHTS 370 EAST RAND RD ARLINGTON HEIGHT IL 60004
3795 KILDEER 20505 N RAND RD BLDG E LAKE ZURICH IL 60047
3124 VERNON HILLS 551 NORTH MILWAUKEE AVE VERNON HILLS IL 60061
[/QUOTE]

No more CC bargains for me! Are there any IL stores left?

[quote name='Darkside Hazuki']No more CC bargains for me! Are there any IL stores left?[/quote]

Downers Grove - it's just off of 355 near 88

Did they ever actually open the Hoffman Estates store? The shopping center that it's in just had a grand opening celebration not more than a few weeks ago.

[quote name='dpac']In the spirit of CAG, I wholeheartedly agree (though the management would probably get annoyed by a dozen guys sticking around talking games for an hour or more after eating). $5 sandwiches from Potbelly or Jimmy John's could work well with the wallet, but seating at these places doesn't always work so well for larger groups. Portillo's by Old Orchard's got some movable tables if that helps.[/quote]

what, no fellow chick cags have gone to the past meetups? :(

[quote name='musics_muse']what, no fellow chick cags have gone to the past meetups? :([/QUOTE]

Well, I've only been to the last one this year, but no female faces were to be seen. (Sorry.) In other news, I guess a politician named Barack won a local contest or something.... ;) I just couldn't help noticing a lack of an announcement on a Chicago-based forum thread -- sorry if I had to inject politics inta' there.

I have a student who works at the one in bolingbrook. He said games might be 10%. He actually believes they are only at 5%.

He also said that they are not getting any more shipments. He believes they won't be selling GOW2.

[quote name='nny77713']I have a student who works at the one in bolingbrook. He said games might be 10%. He actually believes they are only at 5%.

He also said that they are not getting any more shipments. He believes they won't be selling GOW2.[/quote]

I wondered about Gears 2. I saw a cardboard stand with pre-order cases on it at the Niles store.

Quick question for you Chicagoites. I've lived in Florida all my life, but now I have an opportunity to accept a position in Chicago, and just wonder how the living is up there, besides the obvious cold and wind. Is there lots to do, hows the CAG atmosphere, cost of living, etc. Thanks in advance ya'll.

^^^Taxes are high. Cost of living is higher than most areas of Florida. I think it is harder to get game deals here than in Florida...especially since my parents are on their way back from palm beach with a suitcase full of penny guides!

Cost of living is high, but ya gotta pay to play. I honestly think Chicago is the best city in the US, but maybe I'm biased. :D

I think Chicago is pretty damn good to live in. Cost of living isn't as bad as people might make it seem. I lived for 2 years either unemployed or underemployed for the majority of that time and my bank account hardly took a hit. Just have to be smart about your money. Tons of stuff to do and the people are cool. I can't wait to get back, I'm STILL in freakin' Texas/Mexico. Can't wait to get back. It's actually hot here in November for shaq-fu's sake!

Also, check this out, ya'll. Not sure if this is worth a look or not, but if you are in the Aurora area and want to try and grab cheap games while checking out a new store, here's a Game Stop (or whatever the name is) alternative.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/tag/904448212.html

Play N Trade is the newest sensation in the video game retail market has come to the Chicagoland area. We just opened our 1st location at 1460 Orchard Road in Aurora, IL. The GRAND OPENING is this weekend (Nov. 7 - 9). There will be guest appearances from the Master Chief and a Star Wars Stormtrooper. There will also be FREE Food, In-Store Giveaways, In-Store Specials, a "Rock Band" Band and we will be running 20% OFF ALL USED GAMES. Play N Trade sells everything from vintage NES Games to the latest PS3 or Wii games or consoles. Just take a look at the store layout and you will plainly see how we rock the competition!

To learn more about Play N Trade and other locations coming to the Chicagoland area, please visit www.playntrade.com for further information.

Again, the GRAND OPENING is this Friday thru Sunday (Nov.7-9) at:

1460 Orchard Road
Aurora, IL 60506
Phone Number: 630-907-9991

Yeah this weather is great. All the ladies wearing less clothes! :lol:

You mean they're not closing the Circuit City by Ford City? Snap! So there are worse under-performing CC's in Chicago? The CC in Ford City always had the stench of death and desertion. I only ever bought "The World End With You" for 25$ and "Just Cause" for 10$ or 15$ I can't remember.

[quote name='slowdive21']^^^Taxes are high. Cost of living is higher than most areas of Florida. I think it is harder to get game deals here than in Florida...especially since my parents are on their way back from palm beach with a suitcase full of penny guides![/quote]

LOL @ importing penny guides.:lol:

If anyone is going to the Circuit City Store Closings let me know if you see any logitech z-5500 systems. I need a good deal on surround sound.

Yeah Chicago people...let us know!! I'm interested in this HV sale, wanna pick up some current gen stuff, maybe get some stuff to flip. Let's organize!!!!!!

I didn't know Hollywood Video had a video game sale going on...and I missed the last guide drop at Best Buy. Argh. I need to visit this site more often.

[quote name='sying']Quick question for you Chicagoites. I've lived in Florida all my life, but now I have an opportunity to accept a position in Chicago, and just wonder how the living is up there, besides the obvious cold and wind. Is there lots to do, hows the CAG atmosphere, cost of living, etc. Thanks in advance ya'll.[/quote]

I have lived in NC, Atlanta...and currently I live in Plainfield, IL (Chicagoland area)

My advise...stay where you are at.

I am moving back down south as soon as I can.

I called one on 43rd and Ashland, one in Hyde Park and one on 62nd and Pulaski. It was a no go at all locales. One guy did tell me that they might have a similar deal on Black Friday but that's all he said. If anyone knows if other stores are or are not having the promotion let us know.

I can confirm that the Hollywood Video at:

2868 N BROADWAY ST
CHICAGO, IL 60657
(by diversey & broadway)

Is having the $3.99 sale. There are quite a few games, but most of them are not in original cases or have the manuals. I grabbed S.M.T. Devil Summoner for 3.99 and it was in its original case. Other than that, there wasnt much. It is definatly not worth your time if you are planning on flipping titles, but it may be worth checking out if you just want to pick up some cheap games to kill time with.

[quote name='KevinMassacre']I can confirm that the Hollywood Video at:

2868 N BROADWAY ST
CHICAGO, IL 60657
(by diversey & broadway)

Is having the $3.99 sale. There are quite a few games, but most of them are not in original cases or have the manuals. I grabbed S.M.T. Devil Summoner for 3.99 and it was in its original case. Other than that, there wasnt much. It is definatly not worth your time if you are planning on flipping titles, but it may be worth checking out if you just want to pick up some cheap games to kill time with.[/QUOTE]

Did you see any Legend of Zelda Collectors Edition? Either way I'm hitting that place up tomorrow. Love you man.

If anyone sees a Famicom/Red Game Boy Micro can you give me a heads up. I've been looking for one and don't feel like paying 60+ for a new one.

Just a heads up. Me and my bud just picked up our copy of Gears of War 2 LE at Bucktown Bestbuy (one on Elston) and it was missing the lancer code!! Man are we pissed. We bought the LE mostly for the lancer and all it had was the other two codes. Anybody have the same problem? We are planning to go back tomorrow and try explaining this...

bread's done
Back