It took 108 years but this is finally home of the World Series champs Cubs!

ryosnk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Chicago's Very Own thread

9/11/ 2010 Meetup - at Galloping Ghost Arcade - Brookfield IL
top row:shieryda, CAG 79, ryosnk, slowdive21, mrosnwo, chi.bri
bottom row: Blackout, Ruben (ryosnk brother), dpac andWeaponX2099
chicagocags.jpg

Home of the 2013 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Home of the 2009-2010 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Hello, I am a Chicago guy so I would like to start a Chicago thread so maybe we can help each other out by letting Chicago area cheapasses find cheap deals.
:D

-Saturday, April 5 at 3PM Dunaly's on the Square 3137 W. Logan Blvd.-

7/31/2007
Would anyone be interested in a CAG Chicago meet up at game works (in woodfield)? They have a special for $10 on thursday for all you can play from 9 to midnight.

More info here: http://www.gameworks.com/events_deta...?location_id=6

HOME OF THE 2005 WORLD CHAMPION CHICAGO WHITE SOX
sox1.gif

20176977.jpg

Chicago member List (Now I know who gets my games :wink: j/k)

akilshohen
Apossum
Birbo
bobo2k4
Chickenhawk
Darkside Hazuki
Dpac
EdS25
FlipSide
Flybrione
Gameboy415
heffaji
JJAPPLE
jaykrue
jonnyfivealive
Johnny Postman
Jonny Polychronopoulos
Loserboy
mario23air
Maynard
Minqqq
peccosan
Prepster
Ragingbull2380
Rig
rly723
Rocksolidaudio (1up located in San Francisco)
ryosnk (Addison and austin)
SEGA128DC
SeraphiMichael
shadd01
shieryda (located near Six Corners)
Slipknot9762
souNReAL
Stoneage
tmei03
tqm11
Vicious
Walt Jay
Watchman
WeaponX2099
Wiseguy

Here are some little known stores in the Chicagoland area.

VideoGames Etc.
4351 N. Harlem
Norridge, IL 60706

Gamerz Garage
6128 Cass Ave
Westmont, IL 60559

Message originally posted by ryosnk on 04-19-2004 at 05:31 PM:

I'm going to be a dad! 10/02/07

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited 3/25/08 at 1:40am

last edit 8-21-08 5:12pm

Last edited by ryosnk; 09-12-2008 at 01:12 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 09-25-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 10-01-2008 at 03:00 AM.
8/27/2010
GO WHITE SOX AND CUBBIES! Maybe next year!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ryosnk']I can create one but it wont be gold just a silver membership. I will post the gamertag when I do it. Good idea.[/quote]

Silver is all we need. Thanx.
Maybe we can get some COD or L4D matches soon.

Kids in the city got paid for their grades today. I wouldn't be surprised if city Targets get hit with the kiddies with extra money to spend.

Happy Turkey Day folks!

I stopped by the CC that's closing in Niles (Village Crossing) but not much to report. I asked when the store'll be closed for good and they couldn't tell me.

[quote name='rick3000gto']anyone camping out at a store tonight? I know im going to.[/quote]

Nope. Got all the stuff I wanted/needed online. Only thing that even remotely caught my eye in going through the BF sale papers was Staples offering a small APC battery backup for $20. If my wife and mother-in-law decide to brave the crowds in Decatur (wife's hometown), I'll probably stop there. Otherwise, count me out.

I did it! My Black Friday list

AMAZON:
Mario DS
Fallout 3
Dead Space
We Love Golf
Heavenly Sword = 243$

WALMART:
HP Computer = 398$

TOYS 'R US:
Brothers in Arms = 18$

RADIOSHACK:
Dual Shock 3 = 30$

GAME CRAZY:
Nights
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
The Darkness
Assassin's Creed = 20$

Home by 8am. God do I love this country!

Did anyone lineup at the WALMART in Bedford Park by Ford City? Did they open early or what? I showed up around 3 and there was a crap-ton of people inside and a shit-load of Cops outside. Oddly enough none had taken the HP I wanted. I got to see two trans-sexual men or women, I don't know how that works, in line in front of me. Man were they uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugly.

The only item I was interested in was the APC UPS that Staples was offering for $20. I got one of the last two left at the store in Decatur (spending the holiday w/the in-laws). I call this Black Friday and overwhelming success. :D

[quote name='jalopez86']I did it! My Black Friday list

AMAZON:
Mario DS
Fallout 3
Dead Space
We Love Golf
Heavenly Sword = 243$

WALMART:
HP Computer = 398$

TOYS 'R US:
Brothers in Arms = 18$

RADIOSHACK:
Dual Shock 3 = 30$

GAME CRAZY:
Nights
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
The Darkness
Assassin's Creed = 20$

Home by 8am. God do I love this country![/quote]

USA USA USA USA USA USA USA

got an offtopic question but hoping someone would know the answer....where can i get my hands on Dave's Insanity Sauce around the Schaumburg/Rolling Meadows area?

[quote name='MrDemonicAngel']where can i get my hands on Dave's Insanity Sauce around the Schaumburg/Rolling Meadows area?[/quote]

You tried Meijer? They're pretty good about stocking stuff that you won't find at other grocery chains.

[quote name='dfg']Happy Turkey Day folks!

I stopped by the CC that's closing in Niles (Village Crossing) but not much to report. I asked when the store'll be closed for good and they couldn't tell me.[/quote]

They told me they'd be closed by Dec. 31. Stuff should be 40% off now.

The closing sale at CC on North Ave was a joke. Iwent the weekend they announced the store closing. It was awful everything was like 10% off. Does anyone know how much the games are discounted now?

[quote name='jalopez86']The closing sale at CC on North Ave was a joke. Iwent the weekend they announced the store closing. It was awful everything was like 10% off. Does anyone know how much the games are discounted now?[/quote]

At the Village Crossing CC, PC games are 30% off. Console titles are 20%. Standard DVDs are 25%, and Blu-rays are 30%. There's still a fairly decent selection of movies (knocked several off my wife's Christmas list) at that location. The console games have been looted pretty heavily--anything that might be remotely good is still listed at full price, so there's not much to be had there. I mentioned in another thread in the main video game deals forum that I picked up Crysis Warhead for $20.99.

[quote name='chi.bri']Silver is all we need. Thanx.
Maybe we can get some COD or L4D matches soon.[/QUOTE]

My wife just bought me L4D for my birthday. Can't wait to get in on some L4D games. Anyone who wants to play tonight, I'll be online after 9/10pm, my add me to your friends list. GT: fReaKstah

Black Friday Haul:
Absofrigginlutely NOTHING! I refused to do any more shipping. Already have a backlog of 4 games so I might as well wait to buy new stuff when prices drop.

[quote name='MisterNewGuy']they took the cc stock off the market, not its back on at 10 cents!!! what the frick is going on? did they get a bail out?[/quote]

Buy, buy, buy!!!

I'm looking to do some local PSN sharing of games. This is an advertised function of the PSN, and even has a thread that exists on CAG, so this is completely legal. I'm in Evanston and hoping to find an individual who is interested in paying 1/4 the price of the following games. I'm hoping to form a formal local group of players (already have two people need one more person) who are interested in top notch PSN games at a discount price. I have not made it to a CAG meet up yet, but I'm willing to meet up prior to discuss any details. PM if you are interested.

My games include
Wipeout HD $5 buy in
EchoChrome $1.25 buy in
The Last Guy $1.25 buy in
Pixel Junk Eden $1.25 buy in
Super Street Fighter HD $3.75 buy in
Pixel Junk Monsters $1.25 buy in
Super Stardust HD Solo pack $1.25 buy in
Calling all Cars $.75 buy in
Everyday Shooter $.75 buy in
Super Stardust HD $5 buy in

So $21.50 I believe is the total buy in.

I'm hoping to basically do the downloading at my place since all these games are purcahsed on my main account. I would enter my account info and you download the games from the store on your PS3. They are yours to play after that. I'm in Evanston so some might have to make a drive, but just look at it as a great deal.

I realize there are five shares for each game. I'm reserving one in cases of HD failure. Please PM with any questions or if you are interested.

[quote name='MrDemonicAngel']got an offtopic question but hoping someone would know the answer....where can i get my hands on Dave's Insanity Sauce around the Schaumburg/Rolling Meadows area?[/QUOTE]

I got a buddy who works in a shop where they love to try out hot sauces at lunch. If anyone would know where to get it, it would be him. I'll text him and get back to ya

[quote name='52club']I'm looking to do some local PSN sharing of games. This is an advertised function of the PSN, and even has a thread that exists on CAG, so this is completely legal. I'm in Evanston and hoping to find an individual who is interested in paying 1/4 the price of the following games. I'm hoping to form a formal local group of players (already have two people need one more person) who are interested in top notch PSN games at a discount price. I have not made it to a CAG meet up yet, but I'm willing to meet up prior to discuss any details. PM if you are interested.

My games include
Wipeout HD $5 buy in
EchoChrome $1.25 buy in
The Last Guy $1.25 buy in
Pixel Junk Eden $1.25 buy in
Super Street Fighter HD $3.75 buy in
Pixel Junk Monsters $1.25 buy in
Super Stardust HD Solo pack $1.25 buy in
Calling all Cars $.75 buy in
Everyday Shooter $.75 buy in
Super Stardust HD $5 buy in

So $21.50 I believe is the total buy in.

I'm hoping to basically do the downloading at my place since all these games are purcahsed on my main account. I would enter my account info and you download the games from the store on your PS3. They are yours to play after that. I'm in Evanston so some might have to make a drive, but just look at it as a great deal.

I realize there are five shares for each game. I'm reserving one in cases of HD failure. Please PM with any questions or if you are interested.[/quote]

Would we have to buy in to all those games, or can we pick and choose the ones we want?

I'm looking for someone willing to buy most of those titles. Then in the future continue to contribute towards future purchases. To answer your question no you would not have to purchase all of them, but at least $15 worth.

[quote name='52club']I'm looking for someone willing to buy most of those titles. Then in the future continue to contribute towards future purchases. To answer your question no you would not have to purchase all of them, but at least $15 worth.[/quote]

If the minimum is $15, you might as well buy all those games. I'd have to think about it some more, but I might go in on this.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']I got a buddy who works in a shop where they love to try out hot sauces at lunch. If anyone would know where to get it, it would be him. I'll text him and get back to ya[/quote]

Meijer just restocked on them...thanks anyways

Got a Finance final tomorrow. Yay! Tons o' fun. I just have to figure out Black Scholes Pricing and Mortgage Backed Securities and I'm good as set (gulp).

Knowing that he's being watched he still said all that stuff about selling the Senate seat. How stupid is he?

...Anyways, where are all the deals in Chicago? Anyone? It seems the only place with good deals is Amazon. I went to Circuit City and Best Buy over there in Burbank and those stores are a mess. I was looking for the Knigdom Hearts Re: Whatever at CC and asked one of the guys if they had any left. He said that the computer showed one whole copy left but that he couldn't go get it for me? He sent me to customer service so they could go get it for me. When I got to customer service I saw this long line and no attendants. So, I said fuck it I'll just go to BB down the street and get the price match and pick up Lock's Quest for 20$ too.

It took me, I think, ten minutes to find both games, Kingdom Hearts and Lock's Quest at BB. Everything was unorganized. Nothing was in alphabetical order the racks were overflowing. It looked awful. But I ended up getting the price match and Lock's Quest so it could have been worse.

When is Pajama Sam going to drop in price. I'm not even trying to pay 20$ for that game that's like a fiver maybe, maybe a tener.

You guys are kidding right? Ryan's in a country club facility and if Blago does time, it'll be the same place.

In VG news.... not so much. Okay, nothing. Wait! I saw a used complete copy of Persona 3 (PS2) for 8 bucks at Half Price Books in Skokie. Sigh.

[quote name='dfg']
In VG news.... not so much. Okay, nothing. Wait! I saw a used complete copy of Persona 3 (PS2) for 8 bucks at Half Price Books in Skokie. Sigh.[/quote]

Is that in the same mall as Jewel and Dick's?

Any new updates on area CC's? What are the liquidation percentages now?

I was at one today. Games 30%, Guides 70%, DVDs 30%, Blurays 40%, CDs 40 or 50%. They had several GoW PSPs, but they were not 30% off. I might pick one up if it goes under $100.

[quote name='slowdive21']I was at one today. Games 30%, Guides 70%, DVDs 30%, Blurays 40%, CDs 40 or 50%. They had several GoW PSPs, but they were not 30% off. I might pick one up if it goes under $100.[/QUOTE]

I might go to the CC on North Ave tomorrow then. I'm also looking for a complete version of Sonic Gems Collection. Everywhere I've been the only have the disc. No box or manual.

[quote name='slowdive21']I was at one today. Games 30%, Guides 70%, DVDs 30%, Blurays 40%, CDs 40 or 50%. They had several GoW PSPs, but they were not 30% off. I might pick one up if it goes under $100.[/quote]

Thanks for the udpate. Do you know if the tv selection was still decent?

^^^I saw a BRAVIA 46 inch that said it was $1000 off list price, but I don't think it was actually discounted that much (I think the list price was high). The store was basically half the size it normally is, most of the games are already gone except for 360/PSP games. The only things I think I will go back for is a collector's edition of Fallout 3, the PSP, a HDMI cable for PS3, or a cheap PS2 if they are there after the next drop.

They did have a LOST DVD on bluray that would be $60, instead of $100...I am assuming it is season 4 by the cover. Frankly the stuff that is left isn't any cheaper than what a CAG could get it for by shopping the sales.

If you guys are looking for anything in particular, shoot me a PM and I will make sure I look next time I am there. This one is in the burbs by my parents house, so I can go pretty regularly. I am not interested in M$ items, so let me know if there is any 360 stuff you guys want.

All rock band/GH games were higher than we can get them here. (Like $90 for GHAero bundle).

[quote name='slowdive21']^^^I saw a BRAVIA 46 inch that said it was $1000 off list price, but I don't think it was actually discounted that much (I think the list price was high). The store was basically half the size it normally is, most of the games are already gone except for 360/PSP games. The only things I think I will go back for is a collector's edition of Fallout 3, the PSP, a HDMI cable for PS3, or a cheap PS2 if they are there after the next drop.

They did have a LOST DVD on bluray that would be $60, instead of $100...I am assuming it is season 4 by the cover. Frankly the stuff that is left isn't any cheaper than what a CAG could get it for by shopping the sales.

If you guys are looking for anything in particular, shoot me a PM and I will make sure I look next time I am there. This one is in the burbs by my parents house, so I can go pretty regularly. I am not interested in M$ items, so let me know if there is any 360 stuff you guys want.

All rock band/GH games were higher than we can get them here. (Like $90 for GHAero bundle).[/quote]

1600 point cards, please. But only if they're 50% off or more.

I don't think I saw any cards for any systems, but I will double check. I know all the ps3 controllers were gone, they had dual shock 2s, PS2 memory cards, 360 controllers, and 360 wireless antenna looking thing. There was a lot more 360 stuff in stock.

Any news on the RB2 SE for 109$? I don't know what would be easier: getting it at TRU or just getting a price-match somewhere else?

bread's done
Back