It took 108 years but this is finally home of the World Series champs Cubs!

ryosnk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Chicago's Very Own thread

9/11/ 2010 Meetup - at Galloping Ghost Arcade - Brookfield IL
top row:shieryda, CAG 79, ryosnk, slowdive21, mrosnwo, chi.bri
bottom row: Blackout, Ruben (ryosnk brother), dpac andWeaponX2099
chicagocags.jpg

Home of the 2013 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Home of the 2009-2010 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Hello, I am a Chicago guy so I would like to start a Chicago thread so maybe we can help each other out by letting Chicago area cheapasses find cheap deals.
:D

-Saturday, April 5 at 3PM Dunaly's on the Square 3137 W. Logan Blvd.-

7/31/2007
Would anyone be interested in a CAG Chicago meet up at game works (in woodfield)? They have a special for $10 on thursday for all you can play from 9 to midnight.

More info here: http://www.gameworks.com/events_deta...?location_id=6

HOME OF THE 2005 WORLD CHAMPION CHICAGO WHITE SOX
sox1.gif

20176977.jpg

Chicago member List (Now I know who gets my games :wink: j/k)

akilshohen
Apossum
Birbo
bobo2k4
Chickenhawk
Darkside Hazuki
Dpac
EdS25
FlipSide
Flybrione
Gameboy415
heffaji
JJAPPLE
jaykrue
jonnyfivealive
Johnny Postman
Jonny Polychronopoulos
Loserboy
mario23air
Maynard
Minqqq
peccosan
Prepster
Ragingbull2380
Rig
rly723
Rocksolidaudio (1up located in San Francisco)
ryosnk (Addison and austin)
SEGA128DC
SeraphiMichael
shadd01
shieryda (located near Six Corners)
Slipknot9762
souNReAL
Stoneage
tmei03
tqm11
Vicious
Walt Jay
Watchman
WeaponX2099
Wiseguy

Here are some little known stores in the Chicagoland area.

VideoGames Etc.
4351 N. Harlem
Norridge, IL 60706

Gamerz Garage
6128 Cass Ave
Westmont, IL 60559

Message originally posted by ryosnk on 04-19-2004 at 05:31 PM:

I'm going to be a dad! 10/02/07

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited 3/25/08 at 1:40am

last edit 8-21-08 5:12pm

Last edited by ryosnk; 09-12-2008 at 01:12 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 09-25-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 10-01-2008 at 03:00 AM.
8/27/2010
GO WHITE SOX AND CUBBIES! Maybe next year!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jalopez86']Any news on the RB2 SE for 109$? I don't know what would be easier: getting it at TRU or just getting a price-match somewhere else?[/quote]

I went to the TRU on Western Ave. Sold out of PS3 and 360.

[quote name='slowdive21']I was at one today. Games 30%, Guides 70%, DVDs 30%, Blurays 40%, CDs 40 or 50%. They had several GoW PSPs, but they were not 30% off. I might pick one up if it goes under $100.[/QUOTE]

I went to one today to get a TV stand, but the last one was gone. Though it was still too high.

The rest of the discounts look about right. Add TVs at 30%.

The game selection was mostly 360 and PS2 games. The last few I had my eye on are all gone. I did manage to snag Manhunt2 Wii for $10 last week. There was only one GOW PSP left in the case and about 20-25 PS2 slims on a shelf. Nothing else worth noting.

[quote name='shajek']I went to one today to get a TV stand, but the last one was gone. Though it was still too high.

The game selection was mostly 360 and PS2 games. The last few I had my eye on are all gone. I did manage to snag Manhunt2 Wii for $10 last week. There was only one GOW PSP left in the case and about 20-25 PS2 slims on a shelf. Nothing else worth noting.[/quote]

What location was that?

[quote name='shajek']I went to one today to get a TV stand, but the last one was gone. Though it was still too high.

The game selection was mostly 360 and PS2 games. The last few I had my eye on are all gone. I did manage to snag Manhunt2 Wii for $10 last week. There was only one GOW PSP left in the case and about 20-25 PS2 slims on a shelf. Nothing else worth noting.[/quote]

ditto on the local question, i need a ps2. do you remember the price as well?

CC is pretty much 50% off all games/DVDs/CDs/Blu. It started this morning. The 7 God of War PSPs were all gone as well as all versions of fallout on both consoles. There are at least 4 other CAG/SDers (that I know of) in my area who keep buying up everything and it is really starting to piss me off.

Pkus CC opens everything and scribbles/cuts out the upc on everything that is sold. I was going to buy 5 or 6 games but when the chick pulled out the razor, I told her to forget it. :bomb:

[quote name='slowdive21']CC is pretty much 50% off all games/DVDs/CDs/Blu. It started this morning. The 7 God of War PSPs were all gone as well as all versions of fallout on both consoles. There are at least 4 other CAG/SDers (that I know of) in my area who keep buying up everything and it is really starting to piss me off.

Pkus CC opens everything and scribbles/cuts out the upc on everything that is sold. I was going to buy 5 or 6 games but when the chick pulled out the razor, I told her to forget it. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

That's odd. What CC was it? I want to go to the one on North ave but not if all there is is a greatest hits of tomb raider.

Does anyone know this week's GameStop promotion? I want to buy a few used games but i don't know if i should wait. Come on there has to be someone in the know on this.

[quote name='jalopez86']That's odd. What CC was it? I want to go to the one on North ave but not if all there is is a greatest hits of tomb raider.

Does anyone know this week's GameStop promotion? I want to buy a few used games but i don't know if i should wait. Come on there has to be someone in the know on this.[/quote]

Hmm...I don't think a Chicago CAG posts the deals.

Ask jp0213. He usually posts the ad as soon as it goes live, but the coupon doesn't always come early.

Anyone know where I could get a Dreamcast? Have any of you spotted one around town? I tried Disc Replay a while back but no dice.

[quote name='jalopez86']Anyone know where I could get a Dreamcast? Have any of you spotted one around town? I tried Disc Replay a while back but no dice.[/QUOTE]

I'd sell ya mine but I'm keeping it around for one reason only. To play Record of Loddoss War on it. Unfortunately, I have 3 games from Gamefly I gotta get through before that happens.

This weather blows. I can't believe I'm in on a Saturday night with no PS3, and SOBER! Hope everyone is staying warm and has been nice this year so Santie Claus or Channakuh Harry, or whomever you believe in, brings you something special.

Anyway, any Chicago CAGs want to buy or trade me for my used PS3 copy of Mortal Kombat vs DC? I want Little Big Planet, Call of Duty: World at War, Prince of Persia, Mirror's Edge, Saint's Row 2, or a combination of older games/money/PSN downloads/accessories/etc.
If you just want to try out MKvDC for a week or two, I'd be up for exchanging games for the holidays and then trading back later on. Hell, I'd be up for doing that with a whole ton of games.
I also have a copy of GTAIV for the PS3. It's new, sealed, unopened, all of that stuff. I can sell or include in a trade, too.

It's awfully hard to sit here and not run to a bar for a few drinks right now. Lord help me.

[quote name='Amerijapoxicano']This weather blows. I can't believe I'm in on a Saturday night with no PS3, and SOBER! Hope everyone is staying warm and has been nice this year so Santie Claus or Channakuh Harry, or whomever you believe in, brings you something special.

Anyway, any Chicago CAGs want to buy or trade me for my used PS3 copy of Mortal Kombat vs DC? I want Little Big Planet, Call of Duty: World at War, Prince of Persia, Mirror's Edge, Saint's Row 2, or a combination of older games/money/PSN downloads/accessories/etc.
If you just want to try out MKvDC for a week or two, I'd be up for exchanging games for the holidays and then trading back later on. Hell, I'd be up for doing that with a whole ton of games.
I also have a copy of GTAIV for the PS3. It's new, sealed, unopened, all of that stuff. I can sell or include in a trade, too.

It's awfully hard to sit here and not run to a bar for a few drinks right now. Lord help me.[/quote]
HAHAHAH same here bro my PS3 broke down a couple days ago ive been have to use my bro's which isnt cool cuz he is always on it.

i'm going to leave the house. straight to the mall across the street. imma mallrat. Anyone know where i can pick up a wii? i know tis the season and all, but im sure there is are a few sneaking around here and there.

[quote name='jalopez86']Anyone know where I could get a Dreamcast? Have any of you spotted one around town? I tried Disc Replay a while back but no dice.[/quote]

I have a dreamcast which i am not willing to part with, but my cousin might be willing to part with his.

there was also a store called the music recyclery.. but i think they shut down, there used to be on on milwaukee ave thats closed for sure. but the HIP had one too. maybe its still there or changed name? they sold all kinds of old consoles.. or wait till livecashback is back and get it on ebay?

but i'll still ask my cousin. will keep you updated.

also check out..
People Play Games -
3264 1/2 N Clark St
Chicago, IL 60657
(773) 883-8813

Video Games Etc -
4351 N Harlem Ave
Norridge, IL 60706
(708) 457-2260

CC was 80-90% most everything today. I stopped by the one on Touhy yesterday, and got a Mercs 2 and a Far Cry 2 guide for $4 each. I also bought a Western Digital 120gb portable hard drive for $40. They probably jacked up the price before the discount, but I guess it was a decent deal.

I was a little surprised at how many dvds they still had left.

I grabbed a $2 PS2 controller from the ex-Gamers Paradise in Woodfield (new location and slightly new name). Never heard of it (Arsenal Slinger?) but it's got Macros! What plants crave!

I think most of those Music Recyclery places shut down. Last one I frequented was in Randhurst. Man, talk about the slow-motion death of a mall.

[quote name='saturnotaku']Has any one visited that new chain Play N Trade? The Fox Valley area is a bit of a drive, and I don't think their store in Elmhurst is open yet.[/QUOTE]

Never heard of it. I'll have to google it...

Is that CC on Touhy still open or has it closed up yet? 90% off dvds sounds kinda nice.

DAAMMMN this weather completely sucks.

[quote name='Blackout']Is that CC on Touhy still open or has it closed up yet? 90% off dvds sounds kinda nice.

DAAMMMN this weather completely sucks.[/QUOTE]

Shit, for 90% off I'll go. I'll second that: is it still open?

Hey guys, I was looking at the deals forum and noticed the 14.99$ GTA IV for the 360 at Block Buster. Can anyone confirm that?

[quote name='jalopez86']Hey guys, I was looking at the deals forum and noticed the 14.99$ GTA IV for the 360 at Block Buster. Can anyone confirm that?[/quote]

360 AND PS3, actually. and yeah, I can confirm it. Picked up a 360 and PS3 version Friday.

I was just at Village Crossing last nite (tonite?) but couldn't make it to see if CC's still open because me and my daughter were freezing our balls off. Okay, maybe just me.

If I am able to score a pair of Winter Classic tickets today, I will start doing volunteer work again, I swear.

[quote name='rick3000gto']Anyone else go to the game last night. It was f-ing cold.[/quote]

HAHAHAHAHAHA. Man you are insane. I'd rather just kick back in my undies with some hot cocoa and watch it on the tube.

[quote name='dfg']
If I am able to score a pair of Winter Classic tickets today, I will start doing volunteer work again, I swear.[/quote]

I realy wanted to go...of course I would be rooting for the Wings.

Are there any good comedy clubs or spots for comedy in Chicago? I've always wanted to go to some but never have.

[quote name='Blackout']Are there any good comedy clubs or spots for comedy in Chicago? I've always wanted to go to some but never have.[/quote]

Zanies is pretty good. I've only been there a couple times--saw Brad Sherwood (Whose Line Is It Anyway?) and actually did a skit on stage with him.

[quote name='Blackout']Are there any good comedy clubs or spots for comedy in Chicago? I've always wanted to go to some but never have.[/quote]

The chicago improv (@ woodfield mall) is pretty good. They usually offer free tickets if an event isn't selling. There were free hal sparks tix last week.

http://tk.publicaster.com/DC/ViewEmailInBrowser.aspx?646C76=313832393834&736272=32511&66=30

My friend runs/used to run? Chicago Underground Comedy

http://www.chicagoundergroundcomedy.com/schedule.html

[quote name='Blackout']Are there any good comedy clubs or spots for comedy in Chicago? I've always wanted to go to some but never have.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget the birthplace of improv comedy - Second City. North Ave & Wells.

Anybody got any clues on how to get a hold on extra converter box coupons, for use not resale (I stupidly let ours expire after ordering them way early)? Possibly any Chicago CAGs not in need of them?

[quote name='Blackout']Are there any good comedy clubs or spots for comedy in Chicago? I've always wanted to go to some but never have.[/QUOTE]

2nd zanies. Was just there last Sat.

Be safe, all. Weather shitty in MI, too.

[quote name='shieryda']2nd zanies. Was just there last Sat.
[/quote]

I used to work at Second City. It's a great place. The performers when I was there were all funny, and I'm a VERY critical person when it comes to comedy. I wasn't working there just to make money. They paid $7/hour or something. I did it largely because I love comedy.

Here's a good tip - call up the theater and ask them what time the improv sessions start that are free to the general public. I think it's on weekdays that they have an improv performance in the main theater after the second performance of the night. I think it's usually around 9-10 p.m. Something like that. Anyway, the people who pay for the second performance can stay or go for the extra, bonus improv (the performances are scripted skits, which are really good for dates and not bad for single guys). People ALWAYS leave. Maybe only a few, but there'll always be empty seats that anyone off the streets can walk in on for free. Since they are improv, they are always new and fresh. The performers are much, much, much better than the improv I've seen elsewhere. So just call and find out cuz it's been a while.

Also, with Zanies, as much as I talked about the free impov, I don't like impov much in general. That's what's great about Zanies. Catch them on a good night with good comedians and you'll be in for a treat. I saw Dave Atell (sp?) from "Insomniac". That guy is freaking hilarious. I don't exaggerate when I say I laughed about 25 out of the 30 minutes he was on stage. It'll be about the same price as a ticket to a Second City performance, but it's a great experience.

One last thing, with Second City, there is a second stage with a different act and different performers. You enter through Piper's Alley. The tickets are cheaper, but the performers really weren't much worse than the performers on the main stage. Some of them might be better, too. The theater is smaller, too, so you'll probably have better seats. Either the second stage or the free improv is a good way to ease your way into it and see if you like it.

bread's done
Back