It took 108 years but this is finally home of the World Series champs Cubs!

ryosnk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Chicago's Very Own thread

9/11/ 2010 Meetup - at Galloping Ghost Arcade - Brookfield IL
top row:shieryda, CAG 79, ryosnk, slowdive21, mrosnwo, chi.bri
bottom row: Blackout, Ruben (ryosnk brother), dpac andWeaponX2099
chicagocags.jpg

Home of the 2013 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Home of the 2009-2010 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Hello, I am a Chicago guy so I would like to start a Chicago thread so maybe we can help each other out by letting Chicago area cheapasses find cheap deals.
:D

-Saturday, April 5 at 3PM Dunaly's on the Square 3137 W. Logan Blvd.-

7/31/2007
Would anyone be interested in a CAG Chicago meet up at game works (in woodfield)? They have a special for $10 on thursday for all you can play from 9 to midnight.

More info here: http://www.gameworks.com/events_deta...?location_id=6

HOME OF THE 2005 WORLD CHAMPION CHICAGO WHITE SOX
sox1.gif

20176977.jpg

Chicago member List (Now I know who gets my games :wink: j/k)

akilshohen
Apossum
Birbo
bobo2k4
Chickenhawk
Darkside Hazuki
Dpac
EdS25
FlipSide
Flybrione
Gameboy415
heffaji
JJAPPLE
jaykrue
jonnyfivealive
Johnny Postman
Jonny Polychronopoulos
Loserboy
mario23air
Maynard
Minqqq
peccosan
Prepster
Ragingbull2380
Rig
rly723
Rocksolidaudio (1up located in San Francisco)
ryosnk (Addison and austin)
SEGA128DC
SeraphiMichael
shadd01
shieryda (located near Six Corners)
Slipknot9762
souNReAL
Stoneage
tmei03
tqm11
Vicious
Walt Jay
Watchman
WeaponX2099
Wiseguy

Here are some little known stores in the Chicagoland area.

VideoGames Etc.
4351 N. Harlem
Norridge, IL 60706

Gamerz Garage
6128 Cass Ave
Westmont, IL 60559

Message originally posted by ryosnk on 04-19-2004 at 05:31 PM:

I'm going to be a dad! 10/02/07

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited 3/25/08 at 1:40am

last edit 8-21-08 5:12pm

Last edited by ryosnk; 09-12-2008 at 01:12 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 09-25-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 10-01-2008 at 03:00 AM.
8/27/2010
GO WHITE SOX AND CUBBIES! Maybe next year!

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone had any luck finding the GH Aerosmith bundle at
icontarget.gif
?

I went to about 4 different Targets but no dice. There was hardly anything in the clearance sections. The only games I saw where :ps2: Hot Shot Tennis and :ps2: GH Aerosmith (game only).

I was trying to score the :360: version bundle just for the guitar.

[quote name='shieryda']Anyone get a chance to swing by the 2 (?) remaining Circuit City's to check the deals? Games are 10-20% at other stores.

I just want the 1600 point cards.[/QUOTE]

Is the discount worth it. I'm considering swinging by the Naperville store on RT 59 during lunch today.

[quote name='mzbagel']Is the discount worth it. I'm considering swinging by the Naperville store on RT 59 during lunch today.[/quote]

Not to me, it's not. Depends on how badly you want something. Most of the stuff will likely be gone by the time 30-40% rolls around.

[quote name='shieryda']Not to me, it's not. Depends on how badly you want something. Most of the stuff will likely be gone by the time 30-40% rolls around.[/QUOTE]

Ugh, pass for now. Liquidators can keep their overpriced garbage.

Swung by the Schaumburg Circuit City, they were cleared out of wii points and xbox point cards. They seemed to have quite a bit of other stuff though, so I'm hoping that there will still be stuff left as they increase the discount.

[quote name='Blackout']Check the Brickyard Gamestop. I remember them have a decent amount.[/quote]

Gamestop Brickyard shipped those to EB Games, which is also located in the Brickyard. :)

Has anyone seen WoW time cards at CC, or did they all get snatched up? I'd like to get one for my cousin's birthday.

Any CC is fine with me. City, Norridge, Schaumburg, Dekalb...doesn't matter. They're all on my crazy route tomorrow.

[quote name='slowdive21']I saw them near me, but they are gone now. They had 6 of them last Sunday, went back the next day (for the drop) and they were gone.[/quote]

Which Target did you go too? Thanks

Hiya all,

I managed to snag a 120GB HDD from GS with the accessories discount + edge (wee!). Now I need to find a way to transfer my data. Anyone have any ideas? I don't have a 2nd s/n to give MS in order to fill out the form. Are there other ways to transfer my data?

Any help would be AMAZING!

Thanks!

[quote name='linkleonhart']Hiya all,

I managed to snag a 120GB HDD from GS with the accessories discount + edge (wee!). Now I need to find a way to transfer my data. Anyone have any ideas? I don't have a 2nd s/n to give MS in order to fill out the form. Are there other ways to transfer my data?

Any help would be AMAZING!

Thanks![/QUOTE]

If you're in a hurry and in the west suburbs, I can borrow you mine. Otherwise, just put "On Order" for the second SN on the form and they'll ship you a cable with no hassles.

I have Phantom Brave and Odin Sphere sealed for PS2. I can't play these games since my PS3 isn't BC and I don't know when I'll ever play them. PM me with offers if any of you want them.

Does anyone know what percent off the CC at the HIP is at now? I've had my eyes on some Blu Rays and PS2 games.

Anyone get any good stuff off the latest penny drop? I'm looking for Tales and Lost Odyssey if anyone has them.

Never got any takers on this "deal", I'm reducing the buy in cost for all the games to $15. PM if you are interested.

I'm looking to do some local PSN sharing of games. This is an advertised function of the PSN, and even has a thread that exists on CAG, so this is completely legal. I'm in Evanston and hoping to find an individual who is interested in paying 1/4 the price of the following games. I'm hoping to form a formal local group of players (already have two people need one more person) who are interested in top notch PSN games at a discount price. I have not made it to a CAG meet up yet, but I'm willing to meet up prior to discuss any details. PM if you are interested.

My games include
Wipeout HD $5 buy in
EchoChrome $1.25 buy in
The Last Guy $1.25 buy in
Pixel Junk Eden $1.25 buy in
Super Street Fighter HD $3.75 buy in
Pixel Junk Monsters $1.25 buy in
Super Stardust HD Solo pack $1.25 buy in
Calling all Cars $.75 buy in
Everyday Shooter $.75 buy in
Super Stardust HD $5 buy in

So $21.50 I believe is the total buy in.

I'm hoping to basically do the downloading at my place since all these games are purcahsed on my main account. I would enter my account info and you download the games from the store on your PS3. They are yours to play after that. I'm in Evanston so some might have to make a drive, but just look at it as a great deal.

I realize there are five shares for each game. I'm reserving one in cases of HD failure. Please PM with any questions or if you are interested.

[quote name='Blackout']Does anyone know what percent off the CC at the HIP is at now? I've had my eyes on some Blu Rays and PS2 games.[/quote]

I went earlier this week. Games were 20% off with used being 30% off.

I'm going back today to see what deals I can get.

Just got back from the Norridge CC again. All games and systems were 30% off and used 40%. Blu-ray and DVDs were 30%.

Checked out the Schaumburg CC yesterday. Games still only 30% off MSRP. Decent selection left but still too pricey.
They still had quite a few rock band full kits and gh:aerosmith's left. Unless they were hiding them thats about all the accessories they had left, a few strategy guides left also.

I was at the CC in Berwyn near North Riverside Park Mall (Harlem and Cermak) and they're still only at 20-30% off stuff. I overheard an employee say they'll be gone a week from this Wednesday, but I can't confirm that.

[quote name='dfg']I was at the CC in Berwyn near North Riverside Park Mall (Harlem and Cermak) and they're still only at 20-30% off stuff. I overheard an employee say they'll be gone a week from this Wednesday, but I can't confirm that.[/quote]

What did the inventory look like?

[quote name='jonathanp']What did the inventory look like?[/quote]

Sparse? I dunno. It wasn't as destroyed as the Village Crossing CC near the end, that's for sure. I remember seeing a bunch of Guitar Hero and Rock Band guitar boxes/sets, XBL 1 month cards, crappy PS2 selection, overpriced PC software (altho 30% off the new stuff ain't that bad). I looked at PC memory, monitors, peripherals, TVs, but nothing stood out. Also, I had to pee and their restrooms were closed. :whistle2:#

In related news, I hit a bunch of Gamestops over the weekend and grabbed a bunch of old PC titles for $5 and less apiece. Call of Cthulu, Europa Universalis Rome, PREY, Guild 2 Pirates, Gothic 3, Sword of the New World, and Rag Doll Kung-fu. The last 2 were $2.50. Blew my e-rewards giftcards.

[quote name='dfg']Sparse? I dunno. It wasn't as destroyed as the Village Crossing CC near the end, that's for sure. I remember seeing a bunch of Guitar Hero and Rock Band guitar boxes/sets, XBL 1 month cards, crappy PS2 selection, overpriced PC software (altho 30% off the new stuff ain't that bad). I looked at PC memory, monitors, peripherals, TVs, but nothing stood out. Also, I had to pee and their restrooms were closed. :whistle2:#

In related news, I hit a bunch of Gamestops over the weekend and grabbed a bunch of old PC titles for $5 and less apiece. Call of Cthulu, Europa Universalis Rome, PREY, Guild 2 Pirates, Gothic 3, Sword of the New World, and Rag Doll Kung-fu. The last 2 were $2.50. Blew my e-rewards giftcards.[/quote]

Ah... I was looking for some 360, PS2, and NDS stuff.. is it worth going out there?

[quote name='jonathanp']Ah... I was looking for some 360, PS2, and NDS stuff.. is it worth going out there?[/quote]

I doubt it. Selection's only gonna get worse, and I don't think they'll drop the prices on games any further. Although I didn't look at the 360/DS stuff.

[quote name='CAG 79']Has anyone had any luck finding the PS3 SFIV pads at BB?[/quote]

Nope! Had to resort to ordering them off Amazon.

Just a heads up that the CC on Elston bumped up it's clearance % today - Games 40% off now and still a decent selection of stuff (no accessories or systems though, just games.)

[quote name='Johnny Postman']Just a heads up that the CC on Elston bumped up it's clearance % today - Games 40% off now and still a decent selection of stuff (no accessories or systems though, just games.)[/quote]

Going to stop by there after my class in the morning. I'm in need of point cards.

Games are 40% off at the CC by the HIP as well. They had a bunch of 12+1 XBLA cards (clamshell), but no points I could see. I had a bunch of nice pickups... I'll update later.

heads up- the walmart in Forest Park, IL had a bunch of $10 video games for all systems. they weren't very good, but were all $10. Spider Man 3, NBA Ballers for PS3. Napoleon Dynamite for DS. Nothing spectacular. There were also a few Wii Fits and Wiis in the glass case with the other Wii stuff.

[quote name='Johnny Postman']Just a heads up that the CC on Elston bumped up it's clearance % today - Games 40% off now and still a decent selection of stuff (no accessories or systems though, just games.)[/quote]

Very decent. I picked up Mirror's Edge for like 36.

At the Hip CC:
DMC for 7.79 (stickered 12.99)
DMC 3 for 5.99 (stickered 19.99)
DMC 4 for 23.99 (stickered 39.99 I think)

God of War for 11.99 (stickered 19.99)

[quote name='dfg']I was at the CC in Berwyn near North Riverside Park Mall (Harlem and Cermak) and they're still only at 20-30% off stuff. I overheard an employee say they'll be gone a week from this Wednesday, but I can't confirm that.[/QUOTE]

went there on Thursday, 2/12, and it's 40% for all games, game accessories, dvds and music. they were well stocked in all games but people were on them like locusts. also they had a ton of accessories, xbox360 they had controllers, battery/charger packs, cables. 1 month cards and lots of 1600 points cards. still slot of good games when I was there and some special editions were in a glass case in the back of the store.

[quote name='sweepy76']went there on Thursday, 2/12, and it's 40% for all games, game accessories, dvds and music. they were well stocked in all games but people were on them like locusts. also they had a ton of accessories, xbox360 they had controllers, battery/charger packs, cables. 1 month cards and lots of 1600 points cards. still slot of good games when I was there and some special editions were in a glass case in the back of the store.[/quote]

I went Thursday night, snagged a High Def cable for the wii/360/ps3. Saw like 3 guys running around flipping thru games like craaazy. I spoke to an employee though and he said they were staying open until March 31st. But judging from what was left in the store(nothing), it didn't look like they'd have anything left past Feb 31st.

[quote name='stewie75']I went Thursday night, snagged a High Def cable for the wii/360/ps3. Saw like 3 guys running around flipping thru games like craaazy. I spoke to an employee though and he said they were staying open until March 31st. But judging from what was left in the store(nothing), it didn't look like they'd have anything left past Feb 31st.[/QUOTE]

when you say there was nothing left do you mean games or in general? because when I was there , also in the evening, there were tons of games at least.

[quote name='sweepy76']when you say there was nothing left do you mean games or in general? because when I was there , also in the evening, there were tons of games at least.[/quote]

In general, the way games used to be set up, was that the entire back room to the left was games. where that glass case with the higher end games was, that whole section was gaming stuff. and now it's just that one section that used to be CDs. But the store period was picked pretty clean. A week ago, they had like 4 times as many games, and literally 100 Nyko Perfect Shots that I was hoping would make it to 50%, but were all gone Thursday.

I'm thinking of selling my secondary gaming PC. I want to do a local pick up. The system includes:

Fresh Install Vista Premium 32 bit for system builders (legit copy, disk comes with purcahse)- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116485
Pentium E7200 Intel Core 2 Duo 2.53- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115052
Heat Sink Zalman 9700 LED: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835118019
640 Gig HD: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136218
Video Card 9600GT: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00141CIZO
Motherboard ASRock: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157131
2 GB of Ram: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231098
Power Supply: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817153028
DVD-Burner : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827151171
Card Reader: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820223073
Case Wing RS 100- http://www.diguniverse.com/COMPUTER/WHITEBOX-AND-COMPONENTS/SY1909944.html
Thermaltake Fan Controller - http://www.xoxide.com/xcontroller.html

I think a pretty fair price is $400. I have all the original packaging saved for the components. You would also be able to give it a try prior to purchasing it. PM with any questions. I'm not going to take any trades for this.

WOW, what a difference a few days make! I went back to the Berwyn, IL Circuit City store and it was a mess, as a previous poster had mentioned. The games were in shambles and everything was mixed together BUT the glass case was still pretty full with games in the back of the store, gears 2, mirrors edge, resistance 2, endware, prince of persia and some special editions of fallout for the PC and 360. Also a couple of special editions for saints row 2, 1 for sure was for the ps3 but couldn't tell what the other one was.

Also still had quite a few PC games so theres that! Supposedly this store will be open for the long run so maybe they will be restocked at some point.

Game accessories - they had a ton of 360 controllers, cables and remote controls but ALL the point cards were gone. I couldn't believe it!!!! Oh well!!!!

ps3 - controllers and cables. didn't look to close though so they might have had other stuff.

I stopped by the store on Irving Park/Kedzie today. I saw a GH III bundle for $15.97 and Rock Band bundle for $54.97. Unfortunately, I didn't think to check which system they were for.

Crazy prices, though.

Hey, does anyone know where can I get a refurbished PC for cheap? I just want a tower with Windows XP, Pentium 4 (CPU) 2+ ghz, at least 1GB of RAM, CD-RW/DVD and at least an 80 GB HD...

Any suggestions would be appreciated...;)

bread's done
Back