It took 108 years but this is finally home of the World Series champs Cubs!

ryosnk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Chicago's Very Own thread

9/11/ 2010 Meetup - at Galloping Ghost Arcade - Brookfield IL
top row:shieryda, CAG 79, ryosnk, slowdive21, mrosnwo, chi.bri
bottom row: Blackout, Ruben (ryosnk brother), dpac andWeaponX2099
chicagocags.jpg

Home of the 2013 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Home of the 2009-2010 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Hello, I am a Chicago guy so I would like to start a Chicago thread so maybe we can help each other out by letting Chicago area cheapasses find cheap deals.
:D

-Saturday, April 5 at 3PM Dunaly's on the Square 3137 W. Logan Blvd.-

7/31/2007
Would anyone be interested in a CAG Chicago meet up at game works (in woodfield)? They have a special for $10 on thursday for all you can play from 9 to midnight.

More info here: http://www.gameworks.com/events_deta...?location_id=6

HOME OF THE 2005 WORLD CHAMPION CHICAGO WHITE SOX
sox1.gif

20176977.jpg

Chicago member List (Now I know who gets my games :wink: j/k)

akilshohen
Apossum
Birbo
bobo2k4
Chickenhawk
Darkside Hazuki
Dpac
EdS25
FlipSide
Flybrione
Gameboy415
heffaji
JJAPPLE
jaykrue
jonnyfivealive
Johnny Postman
Jonny Polychronopoulos
Loserboy
mario23air
Maynard
Minqqq
peccosan
Prepster
Ragingbull2380
Rig
rly723
Rocksolidaudio (1up located in San Francisco)
ryosnk (Addison and austin)
SEGA128DC
SeraphiMichael
shadd01
shieryda (located near Six Corners)
Slipknot9762
souNReAL
Stoneage
tmei03
tqm11
Vicious
Walt Jay
Watchman
WeaponX2099
Wiseguy

Here are some little known stores in the Chicagoland area.

VideoGames Etc.
4351 N. Harlem
Norridge, IL 60706

Gamerz Garage
6128 Cass Ave
Westmont, IL 60559

Message originally posted by ryosnk on 04-19-2004 at 05:31 PM:

I'm going to be a dad! 10/02/07

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited 3/25/08 at 1:40am

last edit 8-21-08 5:12pm

Last edited by ryosnk; 09-12-2008 at 01:12 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 09-25-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 10-01-2008 at 03:00 AM.
8/27/2010
GO WHITE SOX AND CUBBIES! Maybe next year!

Last edited by a moderator:
So.. I went to the HIP CC and the games are getting sparse. No titles that I'm not willing to wait til the 50% mark for.

My other local CC had a nice selection of games... in fact while I were leaving, they were stocking DS games; GH:OT and and GH: Decades with grip and a bunch of other titles. Needless to say I'm taking another trip up there soon.

Just stopped by CC in Naperville on Route 59. A lot of guitar hero III and guitar hero world tour. Only 30% off right now, all platforms. Was hoping to find a Rock Band 2 for the 360 but no dice.

[quote name='mzbagel']Just stopped by CC in Naperville on Route 59. A lot of guitar hero III and guitar hero world tour. Only 305 off right now, all platforms. Was hoping to find a Rock Band 2 for the 360 but no dice.[/quote]

I know how you feel. I have the GH:WT bundle, so I was looking for a 360 RB2 game only, Took me a couple of weeks and I located one this weekend for 40% and grabbed it.

It was at the Elston CC.

[quote name='olemmiwinks']I'm looking for an apartment, where at?[/quote]

2nd Floor for rent in Lincoln Square area, across the street from Old Town School of Folk Music.

Available April 1st 2009.
4540 North Oakley at Lincoln/Wilson/Oakley

If anyone is interested, I have Rock Band SE for the 360 new, unopened available. I'm not even going to waste time posting it on my TL since shipping this monster won't be worth it. I can drop it off if you're in the west suburbs or near O'Hare. Asking $95 obo.

There wont be an issue with the PSN cards not working if I buy them at CC right? They should work normally?

Also, my uncle bought a labtop and bought the CC extended warranty, now that CC is going out of business what can he do? Is he sol?

[quote name='mzbagel']Just stopped by CC in Naperville on Route 59. A lot of guitar hero III and guitar hero world tour. Only 30% off right now, all platforms. Was hoping to find a Rock Band 2 for the 360 but no dice.[/QUOTE]

How was the rest of the game stock?

Can you use more than one best buy gift certificate at once? I've accumulated a bunch through their rewards zone program. I have two ten dollar ones and a fiver. I wanted to go pick up SFIV and LocoRoco 2 but wanted to know if I could use them all at once.

[quote name='nny77713']How was the rest of the game stock?[/QUOTE]

One word: Nonexistent. The only thing they had was Guitar Hero bundles and one PS2 title and that was it.

[quote name='D_Icon']There wont be an issue with the PSN cards not working if I buy them at CC right? They should work normally?

Also, my uncle bought a labtop and bought the CC extended warranty, now that CC is going out of business what can he do? Is he sol?[/quote]

I'm guessing he bought the laptop before the liquidation started? Basically at this point, the only warranty he has is the manufacturer's warranty.

Has anyone been out to the CC by North Riverside Mall recently? Thinking about going out there tomorrow morning. also could anyone recommend any CC that have a decent bunch of games, preferably DS, 360, and PS2?

[quote name='jalopez86']Can you use more than one best buy gift certificate at once? I've accumulated a bunch through their rewards zone program. I have two ten dollar ones and a fiver. I wanted to go pick up SFIV and LocoRoco 2 but wanted to know if I could use them all at once.[/quote]

You should be able to. I used several, plus gift cards for my iPod that I bought a while back.

I imagine that this weekend will be the last good one for CC stores around here.

[quote name='jonathanp']
Has anyone been out to the CC by North Riverside Mall recently? Thinking about going out there tomorrow morning. also could anyone recommend any CC that have a decent bunch of games, preferably DS, 360, and PS2?[/quote]

I was there last sunday and still had a decent selection of games for every system but the best games were in the back in a glass case. I'm going tomorrow after work so I'll chime in then!!!

[quote name='beansy']Any stores with PS3 SF4 CE's left? My online order got screwed and I'm left scrambling. :([/QUOTE]

If you're in chicago the gamecrazy on 43rd and Ashland had a shit-load. I went in to buy the regular version and the guy was like "you wanna spend 80$" and i was like "fuck no" but I guess you do so have at it.

Berwyn - 50% games, DVDs and music.

ps3 = mirrors edge, fallout 3(regular and lunchbox), resistance 2. couple of saints row 2 special editions also.

xbox 360 = fallout 3(regular), fable2 and cc red alert 3.

pc = fallout 3 (regular and 1 lunchbox - hid it behind some world of Warcraft 3 boxes for whomever finds it. red alert 3, spore, and a couple of left 4 dead.

I went last night around 5pm.

[quote name='D_Icon']2nd Floor for rent in Lincoln Square area, across the street from Old Town School of Folk Music.

Available April 1st 2009.
4540 North Oakley at Lincoln/Wilson/Oakley[/quote]

ohhh okay. I was looking for somewhere in the gold coast. I used to live by lincoln square, fun place indeed. Thats pretty close to places I love to eat at (Garcia's). Thanks though

[quote name='olemmiwinks']ohhh okay. I was looking for somewhere in the gold coast. I used to live by lincoln square, fun place indeed. Thats pretty close to places I love to eat at (Garcia's). Thanks though[/quote]

No problem, and Garcias is great.

IF someone could get me a couple of these (1 for my bro) and bring them to the next meetup, it would really be appreciated! For anyone who is a WATCHMEN fan:

Chicago - 2/20
Who watches the WATCHMEN? Stop by Dollop (4181 N. Clarendon) on Fri 2/20 from 7PM-8PM to get your Nite Owl poster! http://43kix.com/watchmen

[quote name='sweepy76']Berwyn - 50% games, DVDs and music.

ps3 = mirrors edge, fallout 3(regular and lunchbox), resistance 2. couple of saints row 2 special editions also.

xbox 360 = fallout 3(regular), fable2 and cc red alert 3.

pc = fallout 3 (regular and 1 lunchbox - hid it behind some world of Warcraft 3 boxes for whomever finds it. red alert 3, spore, and a couple of left 4 dead.

I went last night around 5pm.[/quote]

Yep. Tons of Prince of Persia as well.

My haul:
:360: Prince of Persia 30.00
:360: Fallout 3 Lunchbox 30.00 :cool:

[quote name='Blackout']How does the HIP CC look game wise now that it's 50%?[/quote]

I went earlier this week, Wednesday, and yeah... sparse. All games were in one aisle. Lots of PSPs. Lots of guides left, so I'm thinking of grabbing a couple. Maybe find the odd game for PS2, or finally pick up that copy of Shadow of the Colossus I wanted.

BTW:

Is there any CC still with a nice stock of games? Preferably 360, DS, and PS2. Also accessories and maybe point cards?

[quote name='chicagoz']Wow. I'll take a $30 Xbox 360 Fallout 3 Lunchbox edition. Anyone seen a CC that still has plenty of them?[/quote]

What about the PS3 version? Was there lots of those too at Berwyn? Either the lunchbox, or the regular edition.

[quote name='D_Icon']What about the PS3 version? Was there lots of those too at Berwyn? Either the lunchbox, or the regular edition.[/quote]

I saw 2 or 3 Lunchboxes. I didn't look through the games so I can't tell you if there were any regulars.

I'm getting ready to do a run right now... anyone knows which CC to hit?

If anyone is looking to sell a PSP for a fair price PM me. I'll pay cash. It is fine if it has been hacked, in fact I would prefer one that is hackable. I'm going to make a desktop internet radio out of it.

Just got back from the Circuit City at Wolcott and Fullerton. Not much going on, several copies of Far Cry 2 for 360, Pokemon Dungeons. I grabbed the last copy of Apollo Justice for DS.

[quote name='phreak5k']Just got back from the Circuit City at Wolcott and Fullerton. Not much going on, several copies of Far Cry 2 for 360, Pokemon Dungeons. I grabbed the last copy of Apollo Justice for DS.[/quote]

Pretty much. I ended up picking up Barnyard Blast which will probably get gifted. Just waiting for the external hard drives to drop, and the strategy guides to drop down. and maybe pick up a DVD here and there.

Anyone knows of a CC worth going to?

Was at the Highland Park Half Price Books earlier tonite. Much less of a vg selection than the Niles location, but I picked up FEAR for 4 bucks.

Pizza lovers, do yourself a favor and order from these guys. Hands down, best pizza I have ever eaten. If you live in Chicago you MUST order from here. They recently moved to a new location and they say business is down, which is a shame. Try them out!! If you like them, spread the word. :cool:

http://villamaypizza.com/

[quote name='dfg']Was at the Highland Park Half Price Books earlier tonite. Much less of a vg selection than the Niles location, but I picked up FEAR for 4 bucks.[/quote]

Do they buy/sell game guides? I heard someone talking about that place in the guide thread.

[quote name='Blackout']Pizza lovers, do yourself a favor and order from these guys. Hands down, best pizza I have ever eaten. If you live in Chicago you MUST order from here. They recently moved to a new location and they say business is down, which is a shame. Try them out!! If you like them, spread the word. :cool:

http://villamaypizza.com/[/quote]
Really never heard of them.

Just came back from the Berwyn CC. Not much games at all. They had a couple PSP games. I think I saw a couple DS games. But most were PS3 games. None interested me.

[quote name='rick3000gto']Really never heard of them.[/quote]

C'mon son, order up a slice. It'll blow yo mind :hot:

Cool, they're not too far from me. I will report back; I'm always trying to cultivate my inner foodie. Speaking of restaurant business being down, my favorite cheap Middle Eastern place that delivers (Sahara Kabob 6649 N. Clark 773 262-2000 - Assyrian Briany FTW!) was in TimeOut Chicago's "Save this Restaurant" column a few months ago. :cry: They give you a ton of food for a moderate price, it tastes homemade, and sometimes they throw in free stuff they're testing for their menu (like spanikopita).

With Half-Price Books, the way they buy is that they give you an offer on the whole of what you bring in. They don't tell you what each item is worth to them. Sucks, but I'm sure it's because it wouldn't be cost-efficient for them to do otherwise. I recently sold two shopping bags full of old textbooks and paperbacks, a bag of old VG mags and a crate of old Architectural Digest mags I found by the trash and only netted $17.50.

HPB does sell game guides and games but selection is hit or miss. No penny guides; usually exactly half off the printed price. Most of the games are in a locked cabinet with low visibility and I hate bugging staff to open if I'm not gonna buy something.

tl;dr whee!

[quote name='jonathanp']Voting?[/quote]

It's a special election for Emaunuel's (sp??) seat.

[quote name='CAG 79']Anyone interested in a mint Hori DOA4 Arcade Stick? Check my tradelist for more details.[/QUOTE]

I'd love to take that off your hands but the only thing I have that you want are the blu ray movies. And I'd like to hold on to them.

Went to T-mobile (corporate store) the other day to upgrade my phone and was able to pick up a Linksys WRT54G-TM router for 20 bucks.
After messing with it for a few days, the software seems a little shitty. So it might make for a good DD-WRT candidate.

[quote name='chi.bri']Went to T-mobile (corporate store) the other day to upgrade my phone and
transparent_pixel.gif

was able to pick up a Linksys WRT54G-TM router for 20 bucks.
After messing with it for a few days, the software seems a little shitty. So it might make for a good DD-WRT candidate.[/quote]

Can't you do alsorts with this router? like change the firmware to a completely modded one?

Thanks.

[quote name='TheSaint11']Can't you do alsorts with this router? like change the firmware to a completely modded one?

Thanks.[/quote]

Yes you can. Linksys are really popular for hackin. I'm going to load DD-WRT on it and try to get it to work with my network this weekend.

Walk over to the CC on Elston and Fullerton today (listening to Black Sabbath most of my walk), didn't see any MS, Sony, or Nintendo games what so ever. The place was picked clean for the most part. Only item I saw of interest was the Sony book reader, still too expensive though. Even the open box TV's were way to expensive. Sign at the door said there were 8 days left.

If anyone does visit a CC with some quality cellphone stuff please post. I recently got a couple new BlackBerry's and I'm lookin for some Bluetooth head sets, MicroSD cards and accessories. Thanx.

[quote name='chi.bri']Walk over to the CC on Elston and Fullerton today (listening to Black Sabbath most of my walk), didn't see any MS, Sony, or Nintendo games what so ever. The place was picked clean for the most part. Only item I saw of interest was the Sony book reader, still too expensive though. Even the open box TV's were way to expensive. Sign at the door said there were 8 days left.

If anyone does visit a CC with some quality cellphone stuff please post. I recently got a couple new BlackBerry's and I'm lookin for some Bluetooth head sets, MicroSD cards and accessories. Thanx.[/quote]

thanks! saved me a trip out to there on monday...

bread's done
Back