It took 108 years but this is finally home of the World Series champs Cubs!

ryosnk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Chicago's Very Own thread

9/11/ 2010 Meetup - at Galloping Ghost Arcade - Brookfield IL
top row:shieryda, CAG 79, ryosnk, slowdive21, mrosnwo, chi.bri
bottom row: Blackout, Ruben (ryosnk brother), dpac andWeaponX2099
chicagocags.jpg

Home of the 2013 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Home of the 2009-2010 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Hello, I am a Chicago guy so I would like to start a Chicago thread so maybe we can help each other out by letting Chicago area cheapasses find cheap deals.
:D

-Saturday, April 5 at 3PM Dunaly's on the Square 3137 W. Logan Blvd.-

7/31/2007
Would anyone be interested in a CAG Chicago meet up at game works (in woodfield)? They have a special for $10 on thursday for all you can play from 9 to midnight.

More info here: http://www.gameworks.com/events_deta...?location_id=6

HOME OF THE 2005 WORLD CHAMPION CHICAGO WHITE SOX
sox1.gif

20176977.jpg

Chicago member List (Now I know who gets my games :wink: j/k)

akilshohen
Apossum
Birbo
bobo2k4
Chickenhawk
Darkside Hazuki
Dpac
EdS25
FlipSide
Flybrione
Gameboy415
heffaji
JJAPPLE
jaykrue
jonnyfivealive
Johnny Postman
Jonny Polychronopoulos
Loserboy
mario23air
Maynard
Minqqq
peccosan
Prepster
Ragingbull2380
Rig
rly723
Rocksolidaudio (1up located in San Francisco)
ryosnk (Addison and austin)
SEGA128DC
SeraphiMichael
shadd01
shieryda (located near Six Corners)
Slipknot9762
souNReAL
Stoneage
tmei03
tqm11
Vicious
Walt Jay
Watchman
WeaponX2099
Wiseguy

Here are some little known stores in the Chicagoland area.

VideoGames Etc.
4351 N. Harlem
Norridge, IL 60706

Gamerz Garage
6128 Cass Ave
Westmont, IL 60559

Message originally posted by ryosnk on 04-19-2004 at 05:31 PM:

I'm going to be a dad! 10/02/07

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited 3/25/08 at 1:40am

last edit 8-21-08 5:12pm

Last edited by ryosnk; 09-12-2008 at 01:12 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 09-25-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 10-01-2008 at 03:00 AM.
8/27/2010
GO WHITE SOX AND CUBBIES! Maybe next year!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ryosnk']If anyone is still interested the Norridge best buy has a bunch of wii's and wii fits in stock.[/QUOTE]

I don't even know why I still have my Wii. No offense to all the local Wii fanboys. Even the Wiifit I bought that I thought might get SOME use from me is collecting dust. Maybe I should stop being a lazy f*&@er and use it, huh? hahaha. Thanks. I have noticed some Targets are getting Wiifits more often than usual.

Any other CC in the city that still have any games left??? Last week the one at HIP is pretty much clear out. Any other CC that still have a decent selection of stuff??

The BestBuy on Touy was loaded with anime, and it's 50% off.

I got my missing DBZ: Season sets, and YuYU Hakusho Season 1,2, and 3 for $12.50 each they didn't have 4. Those are the only two shows that I know, but the shelves were loaded.

The target on elston has a ton of clearance games out today:

Xbox 360
-------------
Brothers in arms: hells highway : $13.98
Tomb raider underworld : $13.98

PS3
-----
Rock Revolution : 13.98
Fracture : $9.98
Bolt - $13.98

And they had about 50 copies of "Stepbrothers" on UMD for PSP for $4.98, and a bunch of DS games for around 10 bucks each. There were also a handful of PS2 games too, i dont remember which ones.

I just got home from there, so all of these titles should be there for the next day or so before they start getting thinned out.

[quote name='KevinMassacre']The target on elston has a ton of clearance games out today:

Xbox 360
-------------

PS3
-----
Bolt - $13.98

And they had about 50 copies of "Stepbrothers" on UMD for PSP for $4.98, and a bunch of DS games for around 10 bucks each. There were also a handful of PS2 games too, i dont remember which ones.

I just got home from there, so all of these titles should be there for the next day or so before they start getting thinned out.[/QUOTE]

I went there yesterday, too. Right when I got to the clearance section, I saw a guy with a handful of clearance games, and what looked like the last copies they had of The Last Remnant. The only game I was going to that particular Target to check out. Argh. If that was you, thanks alot buddy.

[quote name='KevinMassacre']The target on elston has a ton of clearance games out today:

Xbox 360
-------------

PS3
-----
Bolt - $13.98

I just got home from there, so all of these titles should be there for the next day or so before they start getting thinned out.[/quote]

Bolt for ps3 is $20.98

[quote name='chicagoz']I went there yesterday, too. Right when I got to the clearance section, I saw a guy with a handful of clearance games, and what looked like the last copies they had of The Last Remnant. The only game I was going to that particular Target to check out. Argh. If that was you, thanks alot buddy.[/QUOTE]

I'm not your buddy, guy.

Seriously though, that must have been me - On vacation this week and hit a few Targets yesterday hoping to find anything that had gotten to 75% off. I did have a stack of games but wasn't being a total douche - most was stuff I was taking to the price scanner since it seemed strange just a couple games dropped (Tomb Raider and LR) while the rest of the 360 games stayed at 50%.

Anyway, I do remember someone else checking the clearance shelves at the same time and am sorry to have shut you out. If I knew that you were a fellow CAG or were just looking to get Last Remnant, I would have handed one over. I did get 3 (1 for me, 1 for trading and 1 to flip at BB) so if you still need one, I'm happy to sell it at cost. PM me and we can set up a meet or I can just ship it to you.

[quote name='Johnny Postman']I'm not your buddy, guy.

Seriously though, that must have been me - On vacation this week and hit a few Targets yesterday hoping to find anything that had gotten to 75% off. I did have a stack of games but wasn't being a total douche - most was stuff I was taking to the price scanner since it seemed strange just a couple games dropped (Tomb Raider and LR) while the rest of the 360 games stayed at 50%.

Anyway, I do remember someone else checking the clearance shelves at the same time and am sorry to have shut you out. If I knew that you were a fellow CAG or were just looking to get Last Remnant, I would have handed one over. I did get 3 (1 for me, 1 for trading and 1 to flip at BB) so if you still need one, I'm happy to sell it at cost. PM me and we can set up a meet or I can just ship it to you.[/QUOTE]

Hahaha...nice to "meet" you. I did manage to finally find a $14.98 copy of Last Remnant at another Target (2 left there, too). And I found a Rock Band 1 set for $34.98 for my girl's family, which didn't have the game in it! ARGH.

Also, I went looking for some 50% off anime. The Best Buys I went to had no Afro Samurai on Blu Ray. And I've been out of the anime loop for a while, so I have no idea what's good. Just went looking for what interested me and impulse bought. Picked up Final Fantasy Unlimited and Samurai 7 sets. These any good?

One last thing, the best Buy on Touhy had some some clearance games for 60% off. I picked up Hail to the Chimp for only $8. Belmont and Kimball store had what seemed to be a better "sale." If I read correctly, ANY game that had the $19.99 or lower sticker on it (price inside the BB logo type ) can be bought for an additional 50% off. (Superman, Darkness was $9.99; Conan, Dead or Alive Xtreme beach whatever $7.49, after markdown, all for Xbox 360.) They also had DS, PS2, and PS3 games, but didn't see exactly what titles they had.

[quote name='chicagoz'] Picked up Final Fantasy Unlimited and Samurai 7 sets. These any good?[/quote]

It seems like a lot of people dislike the final fantasy anime series. I have not seen it, so I do not have an opinion of it.

[quote name='rick3000gto']they charged me[/quote]

So if I get a 20 dollar card that won't be enough for 2 games??

[quote name='Johnny Postman']I'm not your buddy, guy.

Anyway, I do remember someone else checking the clearance shelves at the same time and am sorry to have shut you out. If I knew that you were a fellow CAG or were just looking to get Last Remnant, I would have handed one over. I did get 3 (1 for me, 1 for trading and 1 to flip at BB) so if you still need one, I'm happy to sell it at cost. PM me and we can set up a meet or I can just ship it to you.[/quote]

I wasn't aware Blockbuster accepted trade ins?

[quote name='rick3000gto']if its $9.99 games no.[/quote]

Damn WTF? I gotta buy 2 cards then? What does the total come out to if you buy two $9.99 games?

If anyone is interested I have a used copy of Fable II that is in mint condition (instructions, case, etc) that I only played a few times. I'm looking for $35 or I would be willing to trade for SF IV. If I don't hear from anyone I'm just going to put it on eBay.

Do you guys want to try Gameworks in Schaumburg this time around? I personally have never been there, but have always wanted to go.

Which day works best for everyone?

Any other suggestions? I know that bars don't work for everyone. Dave & Buster's is downtown, too.

Almost the end for CC - looks like Sunday is the last day for all the local stores.

No games at all at Elston, HiP or Berwyn. Did manage to find John from Cincinnati HBO series for $7 at HiP along with a cool CC sign for $1 I picked up for nostalgia reasons (the great $5 CC sale of '04 was my initiation to CAG.)

Unfortunately, the thing wouldn't fit in my car (doh!) so I ended up giving it to a couple of guys who had bought some store shelving and had a van.

[quote name='Johnny Postman']Almost the end for CC - looks like Sunday is the last day for all the local stores.

No games at all at Elston, HiP or Berwyn. Did manage to find John from Cincinnati HBO series for $7 at HiP along with a cool CC sign for $1 I picked up for nostalgia reasons (the great $5 CC sale of '04 was my initiation to CAG.)

Unfortunately, the thing wouldn't fit in my car (doh!) so I ended up giving it to a couple of guys who had bought some store shelving and had a van.[/quote]

Wow... let's see if I can get some guides and an some external drives for cheap.

put me down on the Chicago list. I live up on the Northside, Rogers Park, Little India, Pakistani Alley, Devon and Western.

And i'm way too broke to go for drinks this month but perhaps next month
-100b

[quote name='jonathanp']I wasn't aware Blockbuster accepted trade ins?[/QUOTE]

They do and often give way more than gamestop in credit, more so on newer release games. Great place to get new, mainstream games and gift cards. It's been a couple months since I traded there though - did they get out of the used games biz recently?

[quote name='Johnny Postman']They do and often give way more than gamestop in credit, more so on newer release games. Great place to get new, mainstream games and gift cards. It's been a couple months since I traded there though - did they get out of the used games biz recently?[/quote]

No clue, I haven't seen any signage at my local BBV that says we accept trade ins, but I haven't asked either.

[quote name='100bullets']put me down on the Chicago list. I live up on the Northside, Rogers Park, Little India, Pakistani Alley, Devon and Western.

And i'm way too broke to go for drinks this month but perhaps next month
-100b[/quote]

+1 for the meet-up. I went last time and enjoyed myself. How many people did we have last time? It was about 10 of us or so, right? Too bad we can't have it at someone's place. I was going to make fun of everyone for living in mommy and daddy's basement, but that's basically what I'm doing for now until I can find a decent full-time job. :cry:

I can make it out to Schaumburg if we go to gameworks, but I think that might be hard to manage for a lot of guys. Dave and Buster's I hear is kind of expensive. If it is, it might also be a problem. Me? I'm an alcoholic, so a bar is ideal for me. I went with my cousin to a bar last week that had a NES and PS2 hooked up to two TVs and wireless controllers...and PBR is $1 everyday. Not a bad place.

Any other ideas?

I have the following for sale:

:360:20gb hard drive (used, great condition) - $20
:360:data transfer kit (for 120 gb hard drive, used once) - $30
Western Digital 120gb external hard drive (WD Passport; brand new, sealed) - $50

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='WeaponX2099']Don't drink beer, so what's the price of vodka and jager at said bar?[/quote]

My cousin's roommate brought beers in her purse and dumped them into a pitcher she bought. The guys next to us brought a flask and dumped that into their drinks.So, I guess it could be basically free if you are sneaky and cheap enough.

I bought shots of tequila for three of us. Those were like $7-8 each, I think, but it was decent stuff. My cousin bought 7 and 7's and I think they were like $6. Pretty standard prices. Nothing too crazy expensive.

My cousin has been going there for over a year and she says although it's still a bit of a dive bar, it has been getting more and more popular. The first time I went, I left because it was too crowded. I think people really like going there because of the $1 PBR. Hard to beat that.

Anyone up for some Killzone 2? I'm about to jump on. Message me: EL_Lobo

Feel free to add me to your friend list. Oh, and let's get this thing going. Are we shooting for April?

[quote name='Amerijapoxicano']My cousin's roommate brought beers in her purse and dumped them into a pitcher she bought. The guys next to us brought a flask and dumped that into their drinks.So, I guess it could be basically free if you are sneaky and cheap enough.

Oh, and let's get this thing going. Are we shooting for April?[/quote]

Yes, next month sounds good if we can get the word out there early enough.

Vote: bar or arcade w/ games? If we do a bar, I'd rather do it on a Friday or Saturday night, so that we can have some cocktails. I get too sleepy with afternoon drinking.:D

Or, if someone wants to host at their house/apartment, we could cook out and get blitzed.

[quote name='WeaponX2099']Don't drink beer, so what's the price of vodka and jager at said bar?[/quote]

My cousin's roommate brought beers in her purse and dumped them into a pitcher she bought. The guys next to us brought a flask and dumped that into their drinks.So, I guess it could be basically free if you are sneaky and cheap enough.

I bought shots of tequila for three of us. Those were like $7-8 each, I think, but it was decent stuff. My cousin bought 7 and 7's and I think they were like $6. Pretty standard prices. Nothing too crazy expensive.

My cousin has been going there for over a year and she says although it's still a bit of a dive bar, it has been getting more and more popular. The first time I went, I left because it was too crowded. I think people really like going there because of the $1 PBR. Hard to beat that.

Anyone up for some Killzone 2? I'm about to jump on. Message me: EL_Lobo

Feel free to add me to your friend list. Oh, and let's get this thing going. Are we shooting for April?

[quote name='100bullets']put me down on the Chicago list. I live up on the Northside, Rogers Park, Little India, Pakistani Alley, Devon and Western.
[/quote]

That's my neck of the woods as well. Get this: I pick up a random issue of Maxim, probably the first one I've read since I was in college (maybe '97) and they name Khan BBQ right there at D&W the best Middle Eastern Grill in the country. I've et there once and it was tasty, but best?

So, yeah, food.

Games!

[quote name='dfg']That's my neck of the woods as well. Get this: I pick up a random issue of Maxim, probably the first one I've read since I was in college (maybe '97) and they name Khan BBQ right there at D&W the best Middle Eastern Grill in the country. I've et there once and it was tasty, but best?

So, yeah, food.

Games![/QUOTE]

Khan B.B.Q. is pretty well regarded in foodie circles here in Chicago, named by the Reader as the best restaurant in the city last year:

http://www.chicagoreader.com/bestofchicago08/restaurants/best/

And that's for good reason as an order of chicken boti, broast chicken (maybe a half if a whole is too expensive), daal palak (for that spicy veggie dip), and a piece of naan or two will greatly satisfy a party of 2-4. (The green chutney makes for a decent general topping as well.) I'm glad I live not too far from Khan's myself, but you better be ready for the heat of South Asian food before going. It's certainly my favorite place on Devon.

[quote name='rick3000gto']Wat r u 360 guys playing out there. I just picked up a 360 and wanna get some good games.[/quote]

What's do you fancy? I'm playing Saints Row 2, and have Bioshock on deck. I also am playing Call of Duty: World at War, and just finished Fable II. Dead Space is a can't miss, as I have been told (on hold through Goozex).

There are a shit-ton of awesome Live Arcade games, too.

[quote name='rick3000gto']Wat r u 360 guys playing out there. I just picked up a 360 and wanna get some good games.[/quote]

HALO N GEARZ OF WAR LOLZ

What about Prey homie? :lol:

[quote name='Blackout']HALO N GEARZ OF WAR LOLZ

What about Prey homie? :lol:[/quote]
Hahah u member that game Indians and Aliens cant get no better than that.
@shieryda im really more of a FPS guy, anyone play Left4Dead im really interested in that one.

[quote name='rick3000gto']Hahah u member that game Indians and Aliens cant get no better than that.
@shieryda im really more of a FPS guy, anyone play Left4Dead im really interested in that one.[/quote]

Hahaha yeah. That game was crazy. Aliens just crashing through the Indian bar and stuff. Pacman machines in outer space. Shit just got real!!

Man I wanna get L4D. I heard that game is sick. Did you ever finish Orange Box?

Hey, I'm from Chicago. How do I join this group? Also, do we have a craigslist type thing for locals? A trading or sale group? If not, we should. I'm looking for a ps3 MK vs DC. If you are willing to part with it for $30, I'm interested.

[quote name='Blackout']Hahaha yeah. That game was crazy. Aliens just crashing through the Indian bar and stuff. Pacman machines in outer space. Shit just got real!!

Man I wanna get L4D. I heard that game is sick. Did you ever finish Orange Box?[/quote]
Nope never finished it. Mite get back on that one tho.

[quote name='joeboosauce']Hey, I'm from Chicago. How do I join this group? Also, do we have a craigslist type thing for locals? A trading or sale group? If not, we should. I'm looking for a ps3 MK vs DC. If you are willing to part with it for $30, I'm interested.[/quote]

No need to do anything to join, just post on this thread. We are planning a meet-up for next month, so that'd be a good chance to meet a bunch of us.

Anyone else bored and wanna play Killzone 2 tonight? I'm drinking and aren't very drunk yet.... :(

Anyone who has not yet played either The Orange Box or L4D is completely missing out on 2 great games.

Late adopters of the 360 should also give the Ghost Recon and Rainbow Six Vegas games a shot.

bread's done
Back