It took 108 years but this is finally home of the World Series champs Cubs!

ryosnk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Chicago's Very Own thread

9/11/ 2010 Meetup - at Galloping Ghost Arcade - Brookfield IL
top row:shieryda, CAG 79, ryosnk, slowdive21, mrosnwo, chi.bri
bottom row: Blackout, Ruben (ryosnk brother), dpac andWeaponX2099
chicagocags.jpg

Home of the 2013 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Home of the 2009-2010 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Hello, I am a Chicago guy so I would like to start a Chicago thread so maybe we can help each other out by letting Chicago area cheapasses find cheap deals.
:D

-Saturday, April 5 at 3PM Dunaly's on the Square 3137 W. Logan Blvd.-

7/31/2007
Would anyone be interested in a CAG Chicago meet up at game works (in woodfield)? They have a special for $10 on thursday for all you can play from 9 to midnight.

More info here: http://www.gameworks.com/events_deta...?location_id=6

HOME OF THE 2005 WORLD CHAMPION CHICAGO WHITE SOX
sox1.gif

20176977.jpg

Chicago member List (Now I know who gets my games :wink: j/k)

akilshohen
Apossum
Birbo
bobo2k4
Chickenhawk
Darkside Hazuki
Dpac
EdS25
FlipSide
Flybrione
Gameboy415
heffaji
JJAPPLE
jaykrue
jonnyfivealive
Johnny Postman
Jonny Polychronopoulos
Loserboy
mario23air
Maynard
Minqqq
peccosan
Prepster
Ragingbull2380
Rig
rly723
Rocksolidaudio (1up located in San Francisco)
ryosnk (Addison and austin)
SEGA128DC
SeraphiMichael
shadd01
shieryda (located near Six Corners)
Slipknot9762
souNReAL
Stoneage
tmei03
tqm11
Vicious
Walt Jay
Watchman
WeaponX2099
Wiseguy

Here are some little known stores in the Chicagoland area.

VideoGames Etc.
4351 N. Harlem
Norridge, IL 60706

Gamerz Garage
6128 Cass Ave
Westmont, IL 60559

Message originally posted by ryosnk on 04-19-2004 at 05:31 PM:

I'm going to be a dad! 10/02/07

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited 3/25/08 at 1:40am

last edit 8-21-08 5:12pm

Last edited by ryosnk; 09-12-2008 at 01:12 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 09-25-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 10-01-2008 at 03:00 AM.
8/27/2010
GO WHITE SOX AND CUBBIES! Maybe next year!

Last edited by a moderator:
Which Blockbusters are closing? The ones near me seem to be doing okay so far.

Is anyone going to WalMart tomorrow AM for the cheap Arcade console and $100 gift card? I'm seriously tempted to get a 2nd console for upstairs.

[quote name='shieryda']Which Blockbusters are closing? The ones near me seem to be doing okay so far.

Is anyone going to WalMart tomorrow AM for the cheap Arcade console and $100 gift card? I'm seriously tempted to get a 2nd console for upstairs.[/QUOTE]

Blockbuster in Burbank, IL on 79th and Cicero (next to Jewel, across the street from Scottsdale Plaza)

Is Playntrade worth an visit? Another thing, did anyone ever seen cheap copy of Heavenly Sword around? I heard story where Blockbuster sell them cheap used but I have no luck so far.

[quote name='Blackout']Has anyone been here before? I'm looking for some retro games and wanna know if any CAGs have impressions:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/people-play-games-chicago[/QUOTE]

I haven't been there but it looks cool. Probably expensive in that neighborhood. Just jump on the red line or the 22 bus and check it out!

[quote name='Xellos2099']Is Playntrade worth an visit? Another thing, did anyone ever seen cheap copy of Heavenly Sword around? I heard story where Blockbuster sell them cheap used but I have no luck so far.[/QUOTE]

x2 I have not been able to find Heavenly Sword for under $30 (new) EVER. I went to GS for penny guides and I think it was still or 26.99 - 29.99 used.

Yeah never heard of that place, but it's got a lot of Yelp reviews (some of my favorite restaurants don't have half as many). Let us know what it's like from a CAG-perspective!

I might just head over there once I get my Retro Duo NES/SNES in the mail and see what they got. Maybe I'll take pics with my cell too. Who knows.

I've been to People Play Games. It's become a regular stop when I visit my sister in Chicago. Great selection, knowledgeable staff, reasonable prices. Just about everything I bought in there I could have found slightly cheaper on eBay, but I was fine paying a little more because I could see the product and know for sure it was in good shape.

Has tons of loose manuals if you're looking to complete older games. Also stocks some import hardware and software. I bought a Japanese Saturn in there a month or two ago. I've also picked up things like Panzer Dragoon RPG (Japanese version), Ys III for Turbo CD, Lunar: The Silver Star for Sega CD and more.

If you're buying a disc, make sure to give them time to buff it up for you. Their machine does a REALLY nice job. All of the discs I've brought home from there have been spotless and play perfectly. I'm super picky about disc quality too... these look like they're brand new.

Great store. There's also a nice comic shop a few doors up the street.

I got one of those Amazon arcade units. I'm looking to sell it for $120. It will be sealed of course. I expect to receive it on Tuesday. I could meet near my work place (West Loop) or in or around Evanston. PM if you are interested.

[quote name='52club']I got one of those Amazon arcade units. I'm looking to sell it for $120. It will be sealed of course. I expect to receive it on Tuesday. I could meet near my work place (West Loop) or in or around Evanston. PM if you are interested.[/QUOTE]

Did any riots break out at the store you purchase at? I see that Amazon is pm'ing that deal now, too. They rock.

Awesome freakin' weather today!!!

[quote name='introvert']I've been to People Play Games. It's become a regular stop when I visit my sister in Chicago. Great selection, knowledgeable staff, reasonable prices. Just about everything I bought in there I could have found slightly cheaper on eBay, but I was fine paying a little more because I could see the product and know for sure it was in good shape.

Has tons of loose manuals if you're looking to complete older games. Also stocks some import hardware and software. I bought a Japanese Saturn in there a month or two ago. I've also picked up things like Panzer Dragoon RPG (Japanese version), Ys III for Turbo CD, Lunar: The Silver Star for Sega CD and more.

If you're buying a disc, make sure to give them time to buff it up for you. Their machine does a REALLY nice job. All of the discs I've brought home from there have been spotless and play perfectly. I'm super picky about disc quality too... these look like they're brand new.

Great store. There's also a nice comic shop a few doors up the street.[/QUOTE]

Do they have a lot of complete games? Like SNES games with boxes for example?

If anyone cares, Burlington Coat Factory near the HIP (by that Dennys) has :ps2: and :ps3: Guitar Hero 3 game/guitar bundles for $25.

Wow, I never knew there was a Chicago thread. Nice to meet you guys. I'm from Mokena, which is in the southwest suburbs right on top of I-80.

[quote name='shieryda']Did any riots break out at the store you purchase at? I see that Amazon is pm'ing that deal now, too. They rock.

Awesome freakin' weather today!!![/QUOTE]

Hell no, I bought it on Amazon. There was no way I was going to get into that retail mess. I've come to the point in my life if I can't get a deal from my recliner I just pass:lol:.

Before I trade Brutal Legend (ps3) on Goozex, does anyone want to trade? I'm interested in Borderlands, FIFA10, Madden10, Demon's Soul, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, and anything else that's pretty recent and/or similar in value. I'm only interested in PS3 games. Thanks.

P.S. I apologize if it's frowned upon to post trades on here, but at least I use this thread for other purposes and don't just post trades and never come back.

[quote name='shieryda']Get ready to rumble! CAG/UFC meet-up at the Tap Room on Saturday, Nov. 21 for Ortiz vs. Griffin, part 2:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/tap-room-chicago

Doubt there will be any game trading going on, but there will be yelling and drinking.

I may be a little late, but I will be there.[/QUOTE]

I'm down. Can you get into the place if you're under 21?

[quote name='Blackout']I'm down. Can you get into the place if you're under 21?[/QUOTE]

It would be cool if you showed up, but I'd hate to have you commute there and get turned away at the door. I suppose it's worth a shot, but it's up to you.

I don't remember how hard they card.

[quote name='shieryda']It would be cool if you showed up, but I'd hate to have you commute there and get turned away at the door. I suppose it's worth a shot, but it's up to you.

I don't remember how hard they card.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I don't wanna go all the way there and get denied. I'll hit up the next meeting in 2012:D

[quote name='Blackout']Yeah I don't wanna go all the way there and get denied. I'll hit up the next meeting in 2012:D[/QUOTE]

If the prophecy is true, there won't be any meetups in 2012 or beyond!

[quote name='shieryda']If the prophecy is true, there won't be any meetups in 2012 or beyond![/QUOTE]

We can trade games in the afterlife then :)

My gf's brother's Xbox 360 is fuct. No red ring or E-something. But one of the front USB ports is broken. Everytime it turns on, it says something about one of the controller ports and it won't allow any other action. So, he'd like to get it fixed. Anyone know of a local place that can do such a repair? And no, this isn't a hint to find a place that mods.

[quote name='shieryda']Get ready to rumble! CAG/UFC meet-up at the Tap Room on Saturday, Nov. 21 for Ortiz vs. Griffin, part 2:

Doubt there will be any game trading going on, but there will be yelling and drinking.

I might be there with my friend that night, so I might see ya there. I get out work at 8 pm, so I'll be there shortly afterwards. I don't know what time my friend gets off work, tho.

Damn, I'm only 19. 2011 for me then!!!

A-hole dog owners man. What are the laws on picking up after your dog in Chicago? I had just cleaned my car's carpet and today just a couple of hours ago I got in not realizing that I had step on dog crap. :bomb::bomb::bomb:

Smelled up the whole car and its too dark to be cleaning it up. Is there anything I can spray on the lawn that would fuck up the dogs that sh!t on it? Of course I put a disclaimer so as not to get sued. I just wish I find someone not picking up after their dog, I'd pick it up and smear it on their face.

Yeah man, dog owners in Chicago are lazy! Leaving that mess. Lazy bastards! And I don't know that cops even bother with that.

[quote name='D_Icon']A-hole dog owners man. What are the laws on picking up after your dog in Chicago? I had just cleaned my car's carpet and today just a couple of hours ago I got in not realizing that I had step on dog crap. :bomb::bomb::bomb:

Smelled up the whole car and its too dark to be cleaning it up. Is there anything I can spray on the lawn that would fuck up the dogs that sh!t on it? Of course I put a disclaimer so as not to get sued. I just wish I find someone not picking up after their dog, I'd pick it up and smear it on their face.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='joeboosauce']Yeah man, dog owners in Chicago are lazy! Leaving that mess. Lazy bastards! And I don't know that cops even bother with that.[/QUOTE]

Unless a cop actually sees a dog in the act of dumping on a sidewalk, I highly doubt this law is ever enforced. Kinda like littering.

Target on Addison had a few decent 360 titles left on clearance on Monday night.

[quote name='chi.bri']Good times last night with Chicagoz and Shieryda.[/QUOTE]

We owe you a round, chicagoz.

Was anyone able to find any 1600 point cards this weekend at Microcenter?

I hope the local sales were better than the non-existent online deals. Lets hear some tales:).

Mine was getting up at 1:45 AM, not being able to listen to the live CAGcast, room was full. Then realizing Amazon wasn't going to have any decent deals at 2:30 AM. Back to bed until now. I see I haven't missed much. I did score some decent pre BF deals.

Amazon (only going to list gaming items)
360 Arcade Unit $200 with $100 Amazon Gift Card
$10 Klonoa for Wii
$10 SC IV for PS3
$90 for PS3 SF IV TE arcade stick

Steam
Osmos $2

I'm still looking for a Logitech G25 or G27 and the accompanying playseat. If anyone has this set up and is looking to clear up some floor space I would be happy to take these items off your hands for some cash.

Waiting 45 minutes just to walk in the door of Walmart, and waiting another 10 minutes buy buy 3 frigging things. I think I'll stay away from Walmart next year on Black Friday morning until about 8:30 when they finally stopped babysitting the front door and let anyone just walk in.

My highlights include picking up Dragon Age and L4D2 on amazon for $14.95 and $34.99 respectively. Picked up the Logitech Illuminated Keyboard for $29.99 from Staples. Also getting a badly needed 1 TB drive from Target for $59.99 with some other things with a $10 gift card on top of it.

[quote name='chicagoz']Waiting 45 minutes just to walk in the door of Walmart, and waiting another 10 minutes buy buy 3 frigging things. I think I'll stay away from Walmart next year on Black Friday morning until about 8:30 when they finally stopped babysitting the front door and let anyone just walk in.

My highlights include picking up Dragon Age and L4D2 on amazon for $14.95 and $34.99 respectively. Picked up the Logitech Illuminated Keyboard for $29.99 from Staples. Also getting a badly needed 1 TB drive from Target for $59.99 with some other things with a $10 gift card on top of it.[/QUOTE]

WHAT?! How the heck did you get Dragon Age for $15?! That's freaking amazing!

I spent about $200 at Home Depot. Not really any deals for me today.

[quote name='shieryda']WHAT?! How the heck did you get Dragon Age for $15?! That's freaking amazing!

I spent about $200 at Home Depot. Not really any deals for me today.[/QUOTE]

Had a $20 credit from buying Modern Warefare 2. I caught Dragon Age when it was $34.99 so with the credit applied, it came out to $14.99. My gf and I were driving passed Home Depot and we joked that we should go see if Home Depot had some doorbuster-cheap wood 2x4's for Black Friday. Did they have some deals? I never checked. Maybe I could have gotten some blenders and such to give as gifts on the cheap there.

[quote name='CAG 79']It's getting fucking cold here in the city. :cold:[/QUOTE]

It's Chicago. In December. What did you expect, 80 degrees? :D

[quote name='Blackout']It's Chicago. In December. What did you expect, 80 degrees? :D[/QUOTE]

I will say that we had a pretty good October and November. Raking leaves was actually nice this year. Anyway I heard today that we are going to be using a snow shovel come Wednesday morning. Oh boy:roll:

I'm going to hunker down and play video games (even more) like karaaazy. I've got the great Battlefield 2 Beta, the MAG Beta, Trine, Mirror's Edge (I know, I know), Godfather II, and a bunch of other stuff that needs platinum-ing.

I've got to start saving money and sitting at home playing video games all day with the weather for an excuse sounds pretty good to me.

By the way, I'm still planning on having people over sometime soon, but my Sony LCoS tv is F-ed up and shows everything with a green hue. Now Sony has to pay to fix it. Hopefully I'll be able to host something by mid-January.

[quote name='Amerijapoxicano']I'm going to hunker down and play video games (even more) like karaaazy. I've got the great Battlefield 2 Beta, the MAG Beta, Trine, Mirror's Edge (I know, I know), Godfather II, and a bunch of other stuff that needs platinum-ing.

I've got to start saving money and sitting at home playing video games all day with the weather for an excuse sounds pretty good to me.

By the way, I'm still planning on having people over sometime soon, but my Sony LCoS tv is F-ed up and shows everything with a green hue. Now Sony has to pay to fix it. Hopefully I'll be able to host something by mid-January.[/QUOTE]

Just make sure that you have plenty of food at your disposal so you don't have to venture out into the cold.

bread's done
Back