It took 108 years but this is finally home of the World Series champs Cubs!

ryosnk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Chicago's Very Own thread

9/11/ 2010 Meetup - at Galloping Ghost Arcade - Brookfield IL
top row:shieryda, CAG 79, ryosnk, slowdive21, mrosnwo, chi.bri
bottom row: Blackout, Ruben (ryosnk brother), dpac andWeaponX2099
chicagocags.jpg

Home of the 2013 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Home of the 2009-2010 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Hello, I am a Chicago guy so I would like to start a Chicago thread so maybe we can help each other out by letting Chicago area cheapasses find cheap deals.
:D

-Saturday, April 5 at 3PM Dunaly's on the Square 3137 W. Logan Blvd.-

7/31/2007
Would anyone be interested in a CAG Chicago meet up at game works (in woodfield)? They have a special for $10 on thursday for all you can play from 9 to midnight.

More info here: http://www.gameworks.com/events_deta...?location_id=6

HOME OF THE 2005 WORLD CHAMPION CHICAGO WHITE SOX
sox1.gif

20176977.jpg

Chicago member List (Now I know who gets my games :wink: j/k)

akilshohen
Apossum
Birbo
bobo2k4
Chickenhawk
Darkside Hazuki
Dpac
EdS25
FlipSide
Flybrione
Gameboy415
heffaji
JJAPPLE
jaykrue
jonnyfivealive
Johnny Postman
Jonny Polychronopoulos
Loserboy
mario23air
Maynard
Minqqq
peccosan
Prepster
Ragingbull2380
Rig
rly723
Rocksolidaudio (1up located in San Francisco)
ryosnk (Addison and austin)
SEGA128DC
SeraphiMichael
shadd01
shieryda (located near Six Corners)
Slipknot9762
souNReAL
Stoneage
tmei03
tqm11
Vicious
Walt Jay
Watchman
WeaponX2099
Wiseguy

Here are some little known stores in the Chicagoland area.

VideoGames Etc.
4351 N. Harlem
Norridge, IL 60706

Gamerz Garage
6128 Cass Ave
Westmont, IL 60559

Message originally posted by ryosnk on 04-19-2004 at 05:31 PM:

I'm going to be a dad! 10/02/07

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited 3/25/08 at 1:40am

last edit 8-21-08 5:12pm

Last edited by ryosnk; 09-12-2008 at 01:12 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 09-25-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 10-01-2008 at 03:00 AM.
8/27/2010
GO WHITE SOX AND CUBBIES! Maybe next year!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shieryda']Groupon deal for a gaming lounge in the city:

http://www.groupon.com/deals/ignite-network-chicago[/QUOTE]

Was gonna post about this myself. Some rules:
# Expires in 1 year
# Must activate by 9/22/11; must use w/in 3 mos. after activation. Limit 1 per person, may buy 5 additional as gifts. May use over multiple visits; may be used by multiple persons. Not valid with other offers.

http://www.ignitenetwork.com/v3/

I've passed by the Belmont, Western, & Clybourn location many, many times but never knew what it was. Anyone know if there's easy/cheap parking around there? Looks like the walk-in rate is $5 per hour and goes up from there, but it could be a North Side option for future CAG meet-ups (without requiring a CAG's place for in-person console gaming and Rock Band "studios").

Anyone else wanna buy in?

Edit: Looks like there's street parking as well as a parking lot.
http://www.facebook.com/ignitenetwork#!/ignitenetwork?v=info
Here's a console game/song list I found, too (SSF IV still there for PS3):
http://www.facebook.com/ignitenetwork#!/notes.php?id=205207570525&notes_tab=app_2347471856

[quote name='D_Icon']Mapquest suggests I take the I90/I94. It'll probably be full of traffic at around 5pm right?[/QUOTE]

LOL it's full of traffic about 20 hours out of the day. Seriously, that's a not-so-great area traffic wise cause it's not far from the circle, so during rush hour it crawls. Every now and then I can get passed it relatively painlessly, but it's rare. It's usually better if your're coming westbound, if that helps.

Just got back, and it was chaos, but awesomeness! They went to hand out wristbands to the first 300 around 7:30 or so, and the lines broke down and formed a mob. People that were there early got brushed aside and probably missed out, people who showed up late I'm sure butted in and got a band. I went with my brother and friend, and 2 of the 3 of us got them. They let all wristbanders in shortly after 8, and everyone else randomly for the next hour to hour and a half. My brother made it in around 9. Wristbands received free shot glasses! That's great swag for me, cause I'll use them. :) Also, a sticker and free Marvel digital download. First 100 got t-shirts as well as the glasses, but I didn't get to see what they look like. Also, free pizza, coke, and water. Capcom knows how to party. Place looked cool, like a big garage warehouse. Loud music, house stuff, and people would cheer when Capcom music would mix in(like MvsC2 theme). 16 plasmas with the game, all to my knowledge running on PS3 hardware. Also one wall-sized projector screen. I noticed one had DS3's attatched, all the rest seemed to have TE sticks, which was a big plus as well. The game itself looked phenomenal! Better looking than SSF4, at the speed of MvsC2. The supers look amazing!18 playable characters too, basically everyone announced thus far minus the two yesterday, Spidey and Wesker. I cannot wait till this drops, it instantly became my most wanted game.

BTW, the shot glasses had retro Capcom pictures on them, Street Fighter, Ghosts and Goblins, Final Fight, and Mega Man. Someone said they saw them on Capcoms store, but I glanced and didn't see them. I'll post pics of them if people are dying to see what they missed.

Oh yeah, it was about a 20-30 minute wait to play, and at the station I was at, it was best 2 out of 3 games and then we switched players. It worked well, but I noticed assholes not getting off the machine at others and people getting testy, and other stations switching players after every game. I got in line 3 times and was satisfied but itching for more.

Congrats on the free swag and food at the event. My friend took some pics in line. I'll post a few notable ones.

[IMG-L=6521]18259[/IMG-L][IMG-L=6521]18260[/IMG-L][IMG-L=6521]18261[/IMG-L][IMG-L=6521]18262[/IMG-L]

Glad I didn't go to this. Sounds like craziness. Would have been cool, but I had bigger fish to fry. Congrats to those that went and had a good time. I can't wait for this game to come out. My PSN game share group didn't bite on MvC2 and I was shocked. I hope the new iteration lives up to the last one.

I saw that arcade meet-up. I wanted to go, but I've been busy with school and working out. I'll try to come on cheapassgamer more often. I think it doesn't help that I'm broke as hell now and haven't thought about buying a game in about 6 months. Thank God for Goozex.

If anyone wants any of the following strategy guides, they'll be in a plastic bag to the left of the dumpster, behind my building (3103 N Francisco Ave). The alley is off Francisco between Barry and Fletcher.

Bioshock
Halo 2
Perfect Dark Zero
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Ninja Gaiden
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Jade Empire

...and the piece de resistance,
Madden NFL 08

Also there will be a Rock Band 1 (XBOX360) drumset out there, sans bass pedal and drumsticks.

Get your ass in gear if you want any of it, because the scavengers move quick in my neighborhood.

^ Sadly I do not.

Wanted to share with fellow Chicagoans: how I love parking enforcement in this city. I had a stealth parking spot I'd been using near work for almost a year—between the crosswalk and a residential sign with an arrow pointing the other way. Thursday I park and when I get back to my car 9 hours later, there's a brand new metal no parking sign and a ticket on my window. This is gonna be a bitch to prove; gotta file a FOIA.

He is crafty little guy. I bought a wireless 360 headset from him and it did not work. I tried to get my money back from him but he changed his number and avoided my emails. Do not deal with him. He is a 16 year old kid who is out for the cash. I still want my $35 back.......

[quote name='mrkevon']He is crafty little guy. I bought a wireless 360 headset from him and it did not work. I tried to get my money back from him but he changed his number and avoided my emails. Do not deal with him. He is a 16 year old kid who is out for the cash. I still want my $35 back.......[/QUOTE]

Thanks a bunch!

[quote name='slowdive21']Ok 2 weeks in a row...No Best Buy ad in The Trib. Are you guys getting Best Buy ads in the Tribune?[/QUOTE]

Hmm, still in my Sunday Trib (via direct delivery). Which ads you get locally depends on your location, right? Maybe Best Buy's changed their target demo/delivery area in your region -- if you're getting the rest of the weekly ads, of course.

[quote name='dpac']Hmm, still in my Sunday Trib (via direct delivery). Which ads you get locally depends on your location, right? Maybe Best Buy's changed their target demo/delivery area in your region -- if you're getting the rest of the weekly ads, of course.[/QUOTE]

I called the trib and they said BB is not putting ads in the paper in my zip code anymore. I hate looking at online ads. :bomb:

Speaking of ads, I miss working near the suburbs, so I could get an early Sunday paper on Saturdays for the Wal-Mart ad. Not getting that one in the city sucks. I also much prefer the Sun Times over the Trib, but they always leave the ads loose, whereas the Trib has them in the sealed bag. All the good ads are always swiped out by rude people near work too LOL. So, I settled for the 13 weeks for $13 Trib delivery deal. Come to think of it, that was like a year ago and I'm still getting the paper delivered, and haven't been charged again. Yay deal!

[quote name='mrosnwo']Speaking of ads, I miss working near the suburbs, so I could get an early Sunday paper on Saturdays for the Wal-Mart ad. Not getting that one in the city sucks. I also much prefer the Sun Times over the Trib, but they always leave the ads loose, whereas the Trib has them in the sealed bag. All the good ads are always swiped out by rude people near work too LOL. So, I settled for the 13 weeks for $13 Trib delivery deal. Come to think of it, that was like a year ago and I'm still getting the paper delivered, and haven't been charged again. Yay deal![/QUOTE]

A dollar a week was what I was getting the Sunday Trib (and Wednesdays through Fridays for that last cent) for for the longest time, but I then I began to see cheaper deals online for just Sundays. Having missed the Groupon deal for 25 cents a week or so (was it higher than that?), I jumped on the 12-week mileage redemption offer from United's Mileage Plus program, and I've been going on 6 weeks now. Called about missing ads during the first week, though, which got me a 50-cent credit for an additional set of Sunday ads before receiving an invoice for future deliveries. I plan to cancel by then.

Had to bring my friend to galloping ghost today after hyping it up to him. Pretty awesome as they just got a new shipment of games in. Not up yet, but coming soon are gauntlet, gauntlet dark legacy, silent scope dark silhouette, Tokyo wars, outrun, afterburner, crazy taxi high roller, Harley davidson a full-size cruisin USA, alpine racer, and I'm sure more. Good news is the 4 player dungeons and dragons and xmen are running as well as rampage for the bigger groups. Bunch of other games are running too that were down last time. Anybody ever wants to head out there, even if it's not an official meetup, let me know. I'm now gonna be a regular.

Just since I've been here doc hooked up a bunch of his new games. Said he got 25 yesterday. These look in better shape. He's just strapped for room in here. Says he's looking into giving us cags a permanent price break of $10. He's so awesome! I'm sure if we had a group again we'd swing the cheaper admission. This place rocks. Back to gaming!

A lot of Target stores have the LEGO RockBand game for the PS3 on clearance for $13. The game sells for $19.99 so maybe not much of a discount but still, $6 means three dlc songs.

[quote name='Blackout']Anyone having luck with the latest penny guide drops in the city?[/QUOTE]

Just got back from vacation and saw the most recent list. Not sure it's worth it to run out tomorrow to check for any, though (they're probably already sold or pulled).

We should try for another meet-up at GG Arcade this winter.

I'm down for another meetup at GG. I think they're having something special there around Halloween, but not sure any details at all. If it's too soon, I'd suggest something around, or shortly after Black Friday, in case any of us miss out on any killer doorbuster deals. It would make a good swap scenario.

[quote name='mrosnwo']I'm down for another meetup at GG. I think they're having something special there around Halloween, but not sure any details at all. If it's too soon, I'd suggest something around, or shortly after Black Friday, in case any of us miss out on any killer doorbuster deals. It would make a good swap scenario.[/QUOTE]

Thats a good idea.

I was gonna post in the contests/free stuff, but I'll give it to my local faithful first, if anyone wants it. Apparently EA thinks it's my B-Day(??? it's in april and my profile with them says as much). Anyway, they gave me a 25% off code for the EA store, but I don't want anything there, so here you go people. GIFT CODE: v44p7xezu Says it has to be used within a month of the e-mail, which I've sat on since Sep 26 and never used. Usual restrictions apply, not vaild with other offers, yadda yadda.

bread's done
Back