It took 108 years but this is finally home of the World Series champs Cubs!

ryosnk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Chicago's Very Own thread

9/11/ 2010 Meetup - at Galloping Ghost Arcade - Brookfield IL
top row:shieryda, CAG 79, ryosnk, slowdive21, mrosnwo, chi.bri
bottom row: Blackout, Ruben (ryosnk brother), dpac andWeaponX2099
chicagocags.jpg

Home of the 2013 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Home of the 2009-2010 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Hello, I am a Chicago guy so I would like to start a Chicago thread so maybe we can help each other out by letting Chicago area cheapasses find cheap deals.
:D

-Saturday, April 5 at 3PM Dunaly's on the Square 3137 W. Logan Blvd.-

7/31/2007
Would anyone be interested in a CAG Chicago meet up at game works (in woodfield)? They have a special for $10 on thursday for all you can play from 9 to midnight.

More info here: http://www.gameworks.com/events_deta...?location_id=6

HOME OF THE 2005 WORLD CHAMPION CHICAGO WHITE SOX
sox1.gif

20176977.jpg

Chicago member List (Now I know who gets my games :wink: j/k)

akilshohen
Apossum
Birbo
bobo2k4
Chickenhawk
Darkside Hazuki
Dpac
EdS25
FlipSide
Flybrione
Gameboy415
heffaji
JJAPPLE
jaykrue
jonnyfivealive
Johnny Postman
Jonny Polychronopoulos
Loserboy
mario23air
Maynard
Minqqq
peccosan
Prepster
Ragingbull2380
Rig
rly723
Rocksolidaudio (1up located in San Francisco)
ryosnk (Addison and austin)
SEGA128DC
SeraphiMichael
shadd01
shieryda (located near Six Corners)
Slipknot9762
souNReAL
Stoneage
tmei03
tqm11
Vicious
Walt Jay
Watchman
WeaponX2099
Wiseguy

Here are some little known stores in the Chicagoland area.

VideoGames Etc.
4351 N. Harlem
Norridge, IL 60706

Gamerz Garage
6128 Cass Ave
Westmont, IL 60559

Message originally posted by ryosnk on 04-19-2004 at 05:31 PM:

I'm going to be a dad! 10/02/07

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited 3/25/08 at 1:40am

last edit 8-21-08 5:12pm

Last edited by ryosnk; 09-12-2008 at 01:12 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 09-25-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 10-01-2008 at 03:00 AM.
8/27/2010
GO WHITE SOX AND CUBBIES! Maybe next year!

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody else get a invite to try the Wii U in Chicago? It came from Nintendo. From the 19th to the 22nd. I have no idea where it is but I just registered for it. They said an email with info would be coming shortly.

To any Chicagoland CAGers, the store @ Burbank IL finally has their collectors editions at 50% off among other games. I got two SC5 CEs for 60 bucks.. Not too shabby

Any of you guys have a GameCube laying around you want to get rid of?

[quote name='Blackout']Any of you guys have a GameCube laying around you want to get rid of?[/QUOTE]

What color and how much do you want to pay? :D

Seriously I have several of them.

[quote name='slowdive21']What color and how much do you want to pay? :D

Seriously I have several of them.[/QUOTE]

Buahahaha, i have 4 or 5 of em but not looking to get rid of any of em lol.

[quote name='Blackout']Any of you guys have a GameCube laying around you want to get rid of?[/QUOTE]

I have a black one I could probably pass on for a few bucks. What are you looking for?

[quote name='Metal Militia']Anybody going to the Legend of Zelda: Symphony of the Goddesses October 25th at the Chicago Theatre? I bought my tickets today. :D[/QUOTE]

I went to the concert in Denver, CO and was thoroughly impressed. The fact that they played Ballad of the Wind Fish made the night for me.

[quote name='pezmanmike']I wasn't going to due to not being able to afford it but I just won tickets from a radio station, so I'll see you there![/QUOTE]

I'm going to this and distant worlds final fantasy in december. see you there whoever is going!

And i'm cool with an august 11th meetup as well.

I'm new to the area and would love to go to a meet up some time, I know no one here but my fiancee so I definitely need to meet some people. Also, just curious, I'm out in Schaumburg, are there any game stores or anything I should check out for classic stuff? I keep meaning to get into the city and check out People Play Games. Do they have parking or will I need to pay to park? Thanks.

in Schaumburg there is a disc replay on Gulf and Roselle, and then north of there on Roselle is another used game store. both have older stuff. didn't say good, just said older :)

[quote name='slowdive21']August 11th is Comic-con / Wizard world weekend.[/QUOTE]

Is there anywhere to get cheaper tickets?

I guess you could purchase them in advance on the website, its much cheaper than at the door.

On another note - I don't think I will be able to make it to the zelda concert, so I'm gauging interest to see if anyone wants to buy my tickets. They're great seats - main floor right in the middle. They go for about $95 each, but I'm open to offers. I'd be willing to sell for cash, gamestop credit or trade. If you're interested, send me a pm.

[quote name='tmei2006']Is there anywhere to get cheaper tickets?[/QUOTE]

Last year groupon had a one day ticket for $15. I will have to check the radioshopshow to see if they have tickets or not.

Hey guys, clearing out some stuff that I no longer need. PM me if interested.

Crown XLS 1500 Power Amplifier + FREE RACK CASE + FREE SPEAKER CABLES - $200
http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/ele/3140429635.html.

DELL SE178WFP 17-inch Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor - $25
http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/sys/3140428713.html.

Street Fighter IV FightStick (PS3) - $25
http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/vgm/3140430009.html.

Traktor Kontrol S2 + FREE Decksaver + FREE green Chroma Caps - $300
http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/ele/3140429289.html.

Well I don't think I will be able to use my zelda tickets after all. Anyone interested in a trade? They're valued at about $95 apiece, so feel free to pm me. Ideally I'd like to get a psp 3000, or a go.

Tomorrow: 7/25 Free Budweister Party w/ RDJ2 and El-P

RSVP thru Facebook. Like Bud and look for made in america Chicago date.

I put it up ASAP!!

Edit: Really today!! At the Congress Theater

I had totally forgotten about wizard world on the 11th, so I'm out on that day for a meetup. On the bright side, Nintendo is on the exhibitor list for the show, so here's hoping for some wii u demoing.

[quote name='vballboy51']in Schaumburg there is a disc replay on Golf and Roselle, and then north of there on Roselle is another used game store. both have older stuff. didn't say good, just said older :)[/QUOTE]

Really?? Do you remember the name of it? Any easy-to-spot nearby landmarks/stores?
I've been to the Disc Replay a bunch of times but I never knew about/noticed the other store despite the fact that I take Roselle all the way north til it hits Baldwin/Rt 14.
Plus now my commute for my new job takes me right through that area every day so I'm even more interested. :)

[quote name='WeaponX2099']Did anyone go to Wii-U experience?[/QUOTE]

I did! :D

I went to the 1-3PM event with some friends on Saturday the 21st. (for anyone else that was there during that time, I was the tall dude with the NES controller bag)
I got to try out Zombie-U, Rayman Legends, NSMB-U, Game & Wario, and a few of the Nintendo Land mini games and I was pretty impressed with just about everything! :)

[quote name='tmei2006']Is there anywhere to get cheaper tickets[to Wizard World 2012]?[/QUOTE]

I'm extremely interested in any info on this as well.

I got a 4-day pass through Yelp last year for $35 which is apparently the same price as a one-day pass this year... actually $45 for Saturday! :shock:
I'm probably only going to go one day this year (most likely Sunday) but if I can get a multi-day pass for less than or equal to the cost of a 1-day pass that's a no-brainer.

[quote name='Gameboy415']Really?? Do you remember the name of it? Any easy-to-spot nearby landmarks/stores?
I've been to the Disc Replay a bunch of times but I never knew about/noticed the other store despite the fact that I take Roselle all the way north til it hits Baldwin/Rt 14.
Plus now my commute for my new job takes me right through that area every day so I'm even more interested. :)

[/QUOTE]

I was there over a year ago and I'm not sure what the name was, but looking at Google Maps I think it's "Super Cheap DVD's", like 2 blocks north of Golf on Roselle. Could be wrong, though.

[quote name='slowdive21']There is a place in Schaumburg named super cheap. I have never been there though. They have a ton of CL listing in the video games category.[/QUOTE]

If it's the same guys that sell at the Allstate flea market, they're nothing special. Some of the prices I saw were pretty ridiculous.

On another note, I guess the Disc Replay in Bloomingdale is moving to Elgin, which sucks for me because Elgin's way too far out of the way for me.

[quote name='dfg']I was there over a year ago and I'm not sure what the name was, but looking at Google Maps I think it's "Super Cheap DVD's", like 2 blocks north of Golf on Roselle. Could be wrong, though.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='slowdive21']There is a place in Schaumburg named super cheap. I have never been there though. They have a ton of CL listing in the video games category.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='TheHeef']If it's the same guys that sell at the Allstate flea market, they're nothing special. Some of the prices I saw were pretty ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

I've seen/bought stuff from them at the flea market in the past but I can't believe I never noticed their shop. I'll have to pop in there sometime.

On another note, I guess the Disc Replay in Bloomingdale is moving to Elgin, which sucks for me because Elgin's way too far out of the way for me.

The one on Army Trail?! That absolutely sucks!

I always stop off on Army Trail before/after visiting my family in Wheaton because it's the perfect shopping strip for me.
It has TRU, Half-Price-Books, Best Buy, Disc Replay, Gamestop, Wal-Mart, and Target all in a row! :D
Plus there's a K-Mart a little up the road and there used to be a Play N' Trade too.

I do have some friends in Elgin though, so I'm curious where the new location will be.

I may have a 1 day pass available for wizard world. I need to see if it is tied to a specific day or if it can be used any day. I believe I will have to put a name on it for it to be issued, so I will have more details tonight.

[quote name='TheHeef']
On another note, I guess the Disc Replay in Bloomingdale is moving to Elgin, which sucks for me because Elgin's way too far out of the way for me.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. I need to read this thread more often. I live close enough to the one on Roselle in Schaumburg, but I wouldn't mind having one in Elgin as well. People in this town like to pawn. The used stock should cycle in pretty quick.

I wanted to hit up Wizard World after I missed C2E2 this year, but these cons are always the weekend before my paycheck aka when I am at my poorest. Oh well at least next year I will have all these dental bills gone finally.

Yeah, and I just realized that weekend (Aug. 18) is the Air and Water Show. Maybe Labor Day weekend is better for Galloping Ghost? To tell you the truth, I'd almost rather do that since the reviews on Emporium were not that great.

[quote name='shieryda']Yeah, and I just realized that weekend (Aug. 18) is the Air and Water Show. Maybe Labor Day weekend is better for Galloping Ghost? To tell you the truth, I'd almost rather do that since the reviews on Emporium were not that great.[/QUOTE]

People like the place but the weekends in the area, every bar is packed as hell after 8. And some hipsters stink.

Anyone down for a Sat Sept 15th date? It kinda keeps in line with the mid-Sept tradition of the previous 2 years meeting up at Galloping Ghost(see: picture in OP).

can't believe i've been comming to the forum for a while, although i don't post often, you guys meet up like 5 blocks from my home. May have even crossed paths.

bread's done
Back