It Took 18 Seconds to Realize I Wasted $65 on WrestleMania Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='xilly']Semantics about my choice of words? I thought it was pretty clear that by "random shit" I meant anything that wasn't what the current conversation was about. Cute.[/QUOTE]

For the third and final time, a wrestling post in a wrestling thread is not random. It's staggering how dense you're proving to be.

Just one question..
ndOnA.jpg
Ah, resorting to the retort of the simpleton.

The end.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Lord whatever his name is that's the former A-Train.[/QUOTE]

Giant Bernard (I have no idea who WWE has rebranded him as).

[quote name='neocisco']Giant Bernard (I have no idea who WWE has rebranded him as).[/QUOTE]

Lord Tensai.

They've been airing promos for him for like three weeks.

I don't know if the quality of the action on Raw was great but the crowd brought it up to untold levels of awesome.

[quote name='Genocidal']Was that a Jimmy John's ad on the back of Brock's shirt?[/QUOTE]

Spoiler alert jerks! Show hasn't played on the West coast!

Lesnar came out because The Rock flew home after his promo at the top of the show.

I love.. LOVE.. that split second when someone returns, when their music plays, then the crowd pops. Love it.

I marked.

Best Raw in a long, long time.

Blah blah blah blah, useless argument, blah blah blah I hate things I don't watch, blah blah blah blah, awesome Brodus Clay headbutt.

[quote name='Scorch']I love.. LOVE.. that split second when someone returns, when their music plays, then the crowd pops. Love it.

I marked.
[/QUOTE]

^This

A great Raw, crowd was one of the best ever. Lord Tensai has his work cut out for him.

300_2119299.0
300_2119299.0
300_2119299.0
300_2119299.0

and a half out of 5

Finally...no more spoiler tags.

It's rare the crowd gets to chant "we want (someone debuting/coming back soon)" and actually get them (remember the Y2J chants right before his comeback where Vince flipped out and yelled at the crowd about not caring what they want?) so that was a cool moment. Before his music hit, the way Cena was dragging it out I figured he was going to ask Rock to come out and then say something like "But he can't, since he already left. Even in his hometown he thinks he has better things to do. I rest my case." and just walk out.

Fun crowd, almost overkill even. Definitely made the show better. I now fully expect WWE to order Bryan to stop doing the "yes" thing.

LOL raw ended up being 5x better than the ppv that came before it.
Vince is probably irate with that crowd, gonna blame it on miami even though that wasnt a miami crowd

[quote name='KaneRobot']Fun crowd, almost overkill even. Definitely made the show better. I now fully expect WWE to order Bryan to stop doing the "yes" thing.[/QUOTE]
They can get him to stop all they want, it's in the wild now. Crowds will not let that die. If we are lucky, or unlucky depending upon how you look at it, this will replace What? chants within the next 4-6 months. I'm sure Vince tore a quad backstage over all the Daniel Bryan and YES chants.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Or maybe Vince should realize he's got a nice money maker on his hands so he should try to capitalize on it.[/QUOTE]

You're underestimating the ability of Vince to hold grudges/overestimating his ability to the right thing.

(Fantastic crowd, by the way. Bottle them up and ship them out.)

[quote name='Chase']You're underestimating the ability of Vince to hold grudges/overestimating his ability to the right thing.

(Fantastic crowd, by the way. Bottle them up and ship them out.)[/QUOTE]
With Vince's record of grudges he would bury him for a few weeks, give him a title shot at the PPV, then when the PPV bombs, they take title away and say he could never draw.

Going against the grain here. I was never a Lesnar fan so this does nothing for me. In fact, aside from his return, how was this such a good Raw? Granted the crowd was amazing, but in regards to the actual show? Lots of talking, Santino/Dolph/Swagger, and Punk/Henry.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Hmmmm....I guess someone WAS right about Brock being re-signed, huh? Now who was that?:whistle2:k:whistle2:k:whistle2:k Oh yeah.....me.:razz:[/QUOTE]

You copied and pasted it from a website. Congratulations.

[quote name='Chronis']Going against the grain here. I was never a Lesnar fan so this does nothing for me. In fact, aside from his return, how was this such a good Raw? Granted the crowd was amazing, but in regards to the actual show? Lots of talking, Santino/Dolph/Swagger, and Punk/Henry.[/quote]

The hot crowd made everything so much better. Two title matches, three returns.. and the headbutt from Brodus. It was just better than your average Raw.

"Yes!" is the new "What?" - Well, I hope.

I also don't think the cutaway to Bryan in the back was planned before the Del Rio-Sheamus segment started.
[quote name='KaneRobot'] Before his music hit, the way Cena was dragging it out I figured he was going to ask Rock to come out and then say something like "But he can't, since he already left. Even in his hometown he thinks he has better things to do. I rest my case." and just walk out.
[/QUOTE]
I was thinking the same thing. Especially the way Cena was heaping the praise on the Rock.

That's one of the main reasons why I stopped watching for the most part a while ago, Chronis. I sat there n counted exactly how many minutes of actual wrestling are on an average Raw the one night. I counted something like 35 minutes out of TWO HOURS. Although I probably did miscount because I may have included a few minutes of the intros for the matches in that.

Did they use his original music?

[quote name='Scorch']You copied and pasted it from a website. Congratulations.[/QUOTE]

Heh.

They said on the HoF special that Rock was opening the show, only to have Ace lead a state of the dorks address. He made Santino vs. Swagger vs. Dolph, then Punk came in, told bad jokes, and left after Henry vs. himself was made. THEN Rock came out and the crowd went nuts. They were so crazy about him that he was unable to speak for a little while. He cut an outstanding promo that had the whole crowd eating out the palm of his hand and revealed that he wants to one day be WWE Champion again. It's a good thing they didn't have last night's match for it because now they can get another huge buyrate out of just teasing that. Swagger did pushups on Santino's ass for some reason. Santino got revenge via the cobra. Match was nothing. Santino power walking away was tremendous. Brodus came to Santino's aid, so I guess there's a new team in WWE. Team Cobrasaurus for WWE Tag Champs and SyFy film of the week.

Lord Tensai made his debut in Big and Tall Muta entrance garb. He unrobed to show off new gear and a pretty new look - at least as new of one as possible for a guy covered in ink and piercings. The squash itself dragged on, but got better when the fans got into a YES! chant after some elbows, and then a giant Daniel Bryan chant broke out. Tensai won via KO with the Albert-bomb. Then he brought back the iron claw. I think if this was 1988, this would work a lot better. On paper, it was fine, but the crowd wasn't buying this gimmick, and while Bloom's great at it, it feels very forced. At least they're bringing up his past in WWE before and talking about him dominating folks in Japan. This has potential with some tweaking. They aired a wacky video replaying some of his empty arena speech with overly dramatic music while talking about his mental anguish with the same goofy music playing and a picture showing him all sad after last night's match. That was hilarious.

Punk came out to face Henry, which led to massive Daniel Bryan chants. Dude's the most over guy on the show other than the Rock. Henry kicked Punk's ass, talked shit, which led to a giant YES! chant. Henry's trashtalk was at a different level of awesome tonight. Punk hit some kicks to a massive YES! chant with each one. The crowd was hyped up throughout the whole show outside of the Tensai deal, but was even crazier here. EVERYTHING got a reaction. They went YES YES YES with Punk and NO NO NO with Henry - outstanding. Loved Punk's YES! Kobashi chop combo. So now he's lifted stuff from both KENTA and Kobashi. Henry won via countout, which I'm fine with since he came off looking like a huge ass-kicker here. Then he killed Punk with the slam on the floor leading to another NO NO NO chant. They chanted for Lesnar here. Jericho took advantage of Punk being laid out by talking about making him drink - which was oustanding and something I didn't see coming. Then he slipped in the fake liquor, and the second bottle exploded long before it hit his head. Video packages will fix up the few flaws, which really didn't hurt it since Jericho just kept rolling with it like nothing happened. Liked him being able to poke fun at himself with the DUI stuff.

Sheamus got booed coming out. Sheamus said next to nothing before getting interrupted by Ricardo's super-glorious intro for ALLLLLBEEEERRRRRRRRRRRTOOOOOOOOO Del Rio. Crowd chanted Si constantly, Alberto announced a non-title match with Sheamus for Friday, then he lost his train of thought with the Daniel Bryan chants, his mic cut out and he got Brogue kicked - great way to end a segment that was slightly going off the rails. Bryan looked on from backstage angrily, resulting in a massive YES chant. He had no words for Josh, leading to another WM photo package where MGK got booed. Then they showed him in the crowd where he got booed, did a boo, and they showed a random Piggie James sign. Cody got beat by Kofi after Show got more revenge by showing Cody his own embarrassing WM video. Fine way to progress the feud.

Henry wrecked some shit backstage, leading to Abraham Washington making his proper return by wanting to represent Henry. He was great in this role, and is way better now than he was on ECW. Eve cut a promo being very pro-Johnny. Miz came out and Cole said he thrives in big pressure situations, which is I guess why he lost all those qualifiers. Cole buried Ryder hard on commentary, and the worst part was that everything he said was either true or logical - he did lose, and was made to look like a fool by Eve. They had a pretty good short match that made Miz look really strong. Orton-Kane rematch was announced for SD, because...why not. Loved Cena having the crowd begging for him to turn heel only to say he wasn't gonna do that. He declared the issue with Rock done, leading to a huge WE WANT LESNAR chant. Loved Cena doing the Yes deal then saying Bryan owed him one, leading to a huge Daniel Bryan chant. They've really got something with him that I don't think anyone saw coming. Brock's theme hit, he came out, and the place went nuts. Brock WALKING got a holy shit chant. They shook hands, then he F5ed Cena and yeah, this ruled. This was the best Raw in ages and felt like the biggest post-WM one since '03.

Screens -

Quotes -
Ace – I'm gonna give the Universe what they wanna see – Santino will defend his title agianst Swagger and Ziggler in a triple threat match.
Punk – You're still a giant toolbox.
Ace – You're a prankster.
Punk – I wasn't joking.
Ace – I'm not joking either when I say you'll defend the WWE Title against THE WORLD'S STRONGEST MAN MARK HENRY! WELCOME TO THE ERA OF PEOPLE POWER!
Crowd – BOOTS 2 ASSES! BOOTS 2 ASSES!
Rock – 14 MONTHS AGO, hold on the Rock is going somewhere with this.
Crowd – You still got it! YOU STILL GOT IT!
Rock – Thank you. 14 months ago, the Rock came back to WWE. The Rock came back and we did it all – birthday parties, history lessons, Rock concerts, and we sold out buildings all across the country. But it wasn't until last night, when the Rock stood before a history-making 78,000 at Sun Life Stadium. History-making, record-breaking crowd. VICTORIOUS AT WM, that the Rock is able to stand here tonight and say that FINALLY THE ROCK HAS COME BACK! HOME! Just so ya don't think I'm crazy – I've got goosebumps, thank ya. There's one man the Rock has to thank – JOHN CENA! Last night, Cena brought it to the Rock like never before. LIKE NEVER BEFORE. After 2 Aas, after a big leg that almost took the Rock's head off, and after the STF, whle the Rock was in it, he had a JHC moment – JESUS H CHRIST, GET THIS GUY OFF ME!
Crowd – JHC! JHC!
Rock – John, at the end of the day, it was an honor to compete against you in the biggest match of all time. (crowd claps) At the end of the day, we made history at WM and we did it for the fans. Rock wants to thank his friends, his family, and THE PEOPLE. Thank the millions AND MILLIONS, WE ARE LIVE, THANK THE MILLIONS! In 1995, the Rock was cut from the CFL – do you have any idea how much you gotta suck to get cut from the CFL? It is because of you that the Rock can stand here today as the most elecrififying man in all of entertainment, but dammit, I STAND BEFORE YOU AS YOUR PEOPLE'S CHAMPION! And for those who think here tonight that this is the end... well the Rock says this – HE GUARANDAMNTEES THAT THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING.
Crowd – THANK YOU ROCKY!
Rock – Because the Rock, ever since last night, the Rock has had this vision. A vision in mind – the Rock went out in Miami celebrating his victory. Doing a little salsa! Okay stop dancing, okay I will – thank you for whistling. And that was a dude too! A John Cena fan. The Rock had a vision – he woke up telling people about it. They said it was impossible – THE ROCK WIPES A MONKEY'S ASS WITH THE WORD IMPOSSIBLE! Would the People like to hear the Rock's vision?
Crowd – YES! YES! YES! YES!
Rock – That vision is that the Rock one day will walk down that aisle as a jabroni-beating, pie-eating, don't need no revamping, the Rock's gonna be WWE Champion! Team Bring It, that'll come true one day.
Cole – This man is a former WWE star who went to Japan and became an international star and is now back in WWE.
Crowd – A-TRAIN! A-TRAIN! A-TRAIN!
Henry – THAT'S ALL YOU GOT!?
Crowd – DANIEL BRYAN!
Crowd – YES! YES! YES!
Henry – I OWN YOU BOY!
Henry – FEEL THAT! WHO ELSE WANTS SOME?
Henry – I DIDN'T TELL YOU TO MOVE – YOU MOVE WHEN I TELL YA!
Crowd – NO ! NO! NO! NO!
Ace – Punk, the Universe wants to see you defend the title on a more consistent basis. I see some dark clouds in your future – I'm not talking a thunderstorm, more of a natural disaster.
Jericho – WHAT A TERRIBLE OCCURRANCE! IS THAT THE MAN WHO BEAT ME LAST NIGHT? I THINK IT IS, AND IT WAS A CLASSIC, AND I THINK WE SHOULD CELEBRATE WITH A DRINK! I drink sometimes, BUT NEVER TOO EXCESS AND I'D NEVER DRINK AND DRIVE! BOTTOMS UP PUNK, DRINK IT UP! IT'S GOOD FOR YA! (he slips)
Sheamus – What a difference...(Alberto comes back)
Cole – Oh, so that's why I saw that $400,000 Mercedes in the parking lot earlier.
Alberto – Sheamus. You won the world title. And you did it in a record time – 18 seconds.
Crowd – DANIEL BRYAN!
Alberto – Impressive, but no one's gonna remember that in a month. Just as fast as you won it, you're gonna lose it. NOW YOU HAVE A NEW CHALLENGER! And this won doesn't hide behind a chica. HIS NAME IS...
Ricardo - ALBERTTTOOOO DELLLL RIIIIOOOO!
Crowd – SI SI SI SI!
Sheamus – Great to see ya again fella! These people don't wanna hear me rant on – they wanna see me Brogue kick someone, and I'm glad you're out here cuz now I can show them something they'll never forget.
Alberto – I'm not looking for a fight – I already have one. In honor of my return, Mr. Laurinitis has agreed to give me a match on SD. Between you and me, and when I win, I've got a future world title shot. So Sheamus, it doesn't matter...
Josh – An 18 second loss to Sheamus, you've gotta be really upset. (Bryan glares at him)
Crowd – DANIEL BRYAN! DANIEL BRYAN!
Show – Cody, Cody, what's up buddy? I got something I wanna show you from WM – I just hope you don't find it embarrassing.
Cole – CENA HAS GONE SILENT ON TWITTER!
Henry – WHAT DA HELL YA WANT AW?
AW – My name ain't Obama, but the world saw what happened with you – IT'S TIME FOR A CHANGE. It's time to put some muscle with the hustle.
Henry – What you talking about?
AW – The world's strongest man with the man with the master plan. Here's my card – I'm on your schedule.
Eve – Everyone wants their WM moment, and last night, I GOT MINE! I manipulated Zack, and it was so easy. Powerful people can't be manipulated – LET'S HEAR IT FOR PEOPLE POWER!
Cole – How much of a fool is this guy?
Cole – WOO WOO WOO, YOU BLEW IT!
Cena – I never thought of losing, but now that it's happened, the only thing to do is do it right. The obligation to those who believe in me. (crowd boos) We all take defeats in life. Those are famous words from Ali. You guys have seen clips of what I've said on the road to WM – I've talked a lot. I've talked so much that anyone else in my shoes would be making excuses and saying it wasn't their fault – THAT ISN'T ME. I meant every single thing that I said. I meant it then, I mean it now. There's not one second in the year-long build that I thought I was going to lose because if you think like that, you've already lost. But no one goes undefeated in life, and a true champion retains a will to win through their most disappointing loss. There was a lot of speculation to how I'd react to all this. Woudl I be a person to make excuses? Or lash out at my opponents?
Crowd – YOU'RE A LOSER! YOU'RE A LOSER!
Cena – Would this be the day where I lash out at the WWE Universe!?
Crowd – YES YES YES YES YES!
Cena – That will not happen. I can be a man and admit that I lost to the Rock.
Crowd – YES YES YES YES YES YES!
Cena – There will be some critics who make last night's moment the most important of my career, but it will not be my last. To those who have supported me, from Members of the WWE Universe, to friends and family – MGK! That was a wonderful performance and a damn fine speech – IF I LET ANYONE DOWN I'LL WORK HARD TO MAKE AMENDS AND BE THE BEST I CAN BE! To address the gossip that I'm here to call out the Rock – I'm not. Because when ya call someone out, ya want a fight – we been calling each other out for a year and we settled it.
Crowd – WE WANT LESNAR!
Cena – Always an interesting crowd at Raw. I want the Rock. I would like to invite the Rock to come down. Not to talk trash or fight – respect is a word I hold close, and Dwayne has earned my respect. I want you to know,t he world to know, and the Rock to know that I consider him a champion. I consider him an inspiration. After last night, I can consider hin the greatest Superstar in this industry. I know you're having fun, let's have one more moment of celebration for Miami's own Dwayne Johnson right here! This past year has been exhausting, went to the line physically and over it verbally...
Crowd – WE WANT LESNAR! WE WANT LESNAR!
Cena – I understand the excitement in the air, but I put my heart and soul into last night. And to be honest, I came up short – Rock was the better man.
Crowd – YES YES YES!
Cena – YES YES YES YES! Daniel Bryan, you owe me one.
Crowd – DANIEL BRYAN!
Cena – This is why I love Raw. I want to congratulate the Rock on his citory.
Cole – BROCK LESNAR, THE FORMER WWE CHAMPION!
Crowd – HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT!

Micheal Cole couldn't sell ice water in hell. Brock comes back and that's all he has? It's like he's talking about getting a tooth pulled.

I kind of wish Joey Styles was there. That guy would have sold the hell of that. "OOOOOOOHHHHH MAAAAAAAYYYY GAAAAAAWWWWDD!"

[quote name='Scorch']He kind of did.. on Twitter.[/QUOTE]

That's the kind of reaction it should have had. His Twitter post has 1000x the hype of the Micheal Cole abortion. Did Brock show up on air before that? Cole, or King, should have gone absolutely nuts during it. I was stoked for him to come back, but that commentating was horrible.

Just imagine if Joey Styles and Matt Striker were commentating together during that. I feel like together, they'd be able to sell ice to an eskimo when it comes to big moments.

I will gladly accept dueling Yes!/No! if that squashes What? once and for all.

Mind you, this same scenario happened ten years ago. Rock wins the most hyped match at WrestleMania and Brock Lesnar comes out on RAW the night after to destroy someone.

Chew on that for a second.

[quote name='davo1224']Mind you, this same scenario happened ten years ago. Rock wins the most hyped match at WrestleMania and Brock Lesnar comes out on RAW the night after to destroy someone.

Chew on that for a second.[/QUOTE]

Because fuck you, people enjoying things!

[quote name='davo1224']Mind you, this same scenario happened ten years ago. Rock wins the most hyped match at WrestleMania and Brock Lesnar comes out on RAW the night after to destroy someone.

Chew on that for a second.[/QUOTE]

That was also his debut, not a return to the ring after a lengthy court battle with 'E and a successful UFC career. His return should have been hyped by the guys at the table.

Don't defend garbage commentating.

That pop was insane. Ironically, I didn't hear anyone say "here comes the pain". I feel like someone forgot to read their Lesnar flash cards.

I believe a couple of threads back I posted something questioning whether or not the WWE could make Brock a credible opponent to anyone after the way his final UFC match ended.

Allow me to officially eat crow for that comment.

*BlueSwim Eats Crow*

fuck, crow has never tasted so fucking good. BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCK!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back