It Took 18 Seconds to Realize I Wasted $65 on WrestleMania Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='neocisco']That's the first time I've ever heard of Camacho.[/QUOTE] Wikipedia says he's Haku's kid. That blew my mind.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I always thought that Heyman was only brought in with Lesnar originally as a mouthpiece for him. Now that he's established, I don't see any reason for him to need a manager really.[/QUOTE]
You're correct, Heyman was originally a mouthpiece for Lesnar when he debuted in WWE, but as far as I understand, they're pretty close friends in real life. Does Lesnar need Heyman around, probably not, but the reason I was wondering what Heyman was doing is because, as I understand it, they're a package deal...case in point, most recent interview with Brock for WWE 12...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wZNWDvi5Fo
Anyways, I've been meaning to ask about Paul Heyman for a few days now, but figured someone else would've thought about it or mentioned it already.

Afaik, they are very close friends but not business partners or anything. I doubt heyman will show up on raw but at the same time i wouldnt be surprised if he is backstage.

SmackDown is live on Tuesday with a "Blast from the Past" edition with hella Old School wrestlers. Should be really good.

In other news, the crowd for SD is nowhere near as good as it was for Raw.

is lesnar going to be able to deal with the wwe schedule ? last i heard he was still having issues with his stomach. i wonder if anyone ever shit themselves during a match?

[quote name='mitch079']Wikipedia says he's Haku's kid. That blew my mind.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='pitfallharry219']He's Haku's son playing a Mexican stereotype.[/QUOTE]

OK. I wonder how much of WWE's roster would be gone if all 2nd & 3rd gen wrestlers weren't there. There seems to have been quite a few to pass through WWE in the last several years.

[quote name='lokizz']is lesnar going to be able to deal with the wwe schedule ? last i heard he was still having issues with his stomach. i wonder if anyone ever shit themselves during a match?[/QUOTE]

Sid allegedly shit himself during a match against Undertaker. Lemme dig around for a second...

EDIT - meh, nothing concrete. Various people say it happened during WM 13. Who knows? If it did, it wasn't immediately obvious or anything like that.

[quote name='Halo05']Sid allegedly shit himself during a match against Undertaker. Lemme dig around for a second...[/QUOTE]

lol holy shit, literally, that would have been hilarious especially since i think he always wore the tighty whity type wrestling gear.

[quote name='lokizz']lol holy shit, literally, that would have been hilarious especially since i think he always wore the tighty whity type wrestling gear.[/QUOTE]

He wore primarily black and sometimes blue.

[quote name='Chronis']This SD crowd looked pretty hype for Daniel Bryan. Now I'm wondering how much noise editing they did...[/QUOTE]

From the sounds of it they did quite a bit. I read spoilers from the taping that he was getting YES chants even after yelling at AJ to hit the bricks.

[quote name='lokizz']is lesnar going to be able to deal with the wwe schedule ? last i heard he was still having issues with his stomach. i wonder if anyone ever shit themselves during a match?[/QUOTE]

In one of Tommy Dreamer's Extreme Diary entries (Or whatever he called it at the time) he spoke about a match with Mark
Henry in the WWECW days.

Mark slammed him and Tommy rolled outside. Henry went out after him and Dreamer asked him if he farted because there was an awful smell (Henry was known for this I guess). Henry assured him that he did not.

Backstage after the match Dreamer realized that Henry slammed him so hard that it caused him to shit his pants.

[quote name='Dr. Venkman']In one of Tommy Dreamer's Extreme Diary entries (Or whatever he called it at the time) he spoke about a match with Mark
Henry in the WWECW days.

Mark slammed him and Tommy rolled outside. Henry went out after him and Dreamer asked him if he farted because there was an awful smell (Henry was known for this I guess). Henry assured him that he did not.

Backstage after the match Dreamer realized that Henry slammed him so hard that it caused him to shit his pants.[/QUOTE]

World's strongest slam indeed...

[quote name='masked lemon']Hey Damien, The Genius called, he wants his gimmick back.[/QUOTE]

That just reminded me of when Jericho was doing the intros to a WCW cruiserweight battle royal. "And here's Damien! He can't afford a mask so he's wearing paint!"

which of course leads to "This guy is Silver King. If he wins 12 more matches, he'll get promoted to Golden King."

[quote name='lombarvm']Any Chicago Area CAG's going to Extreme Rules?[/QUOTE]

YES! YES! YES!

Just bought my CM Punk shirt. Should be here next week. Oh, and:

1. Johnny Curtis
2. Yoshi Tatsu
3. Trent Barretta
4. Jinder Mahal
5. JTG

[quote name='Chronis']That just reminded me of when Jericho was doing the intros to a WCW cruiserweight battle royal. "And here's Damien! He can't afford a mask so he's wearing paint!"

which of course leads to "This guy is Silver King. If he wins 12 more matches, he'll get promoted to Golden King."[/QUOTE]

You mentioning this reminded me of how funny it was, and I searched on YouTube hoping they had it. and they do. and it's awesome.

"The winner of the Lou Ferrigno look-a-like contest...El Dandy!" :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4jhnFhp8DQ

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lokizz']i wonder if anyone ever shit themselves during a match?[/QUOTE]
I can't remember exactly, but I think Austin said he did during a match with Yokozuna.

Man, I've tried watching Impact for three weeks now ever since I got a DVR. Just can't bring myself to give a fuck. There are some good moments - I like Austin Aries but think he's a better heel, I like Bully Ray but think "Calf-zilla" is a fucking ridiculous nickname. It has its moments as a program, but I find myself struggling to pay attention to any of it.

[quote name='lombarvm']Any Chicago Area CAG's going to Extreme Rules?[/QUOTE]

Have not bought a ticket yet but i am still planning on it.

Joining the game and thinking outside the box.

1. Evan Bourne
2. Layla
3. Alex Riley
4. Big E Langston(FCW)
5. Scott Armstrong(They just gave Road Dogg a job, but Scott's been let go more than once in the past.)

this is a great match
Tommy Dreamer vs. Jimmy Snuka

what's there FB Homepage

ROH has put the two missing matches from the recent Showdown In The Sun Day 2 iPPV online for free.

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/lost-matches-showdown-sun-day-2

Skip the Cole/O'Reilly match. Its very boring. ANX vs Young Bucks is fun and worth watching.

I also noticed ROH did some clever editing to remove out the on the fly in ring promos that Cole and O'Reilly did in order to kill time waiting for the internet feed to get up. Sadly those promos are probably more entertaining then the dull match they wrestled... which going by the promo they did on ROH TV prior to this match means even that had to really suck.

ROH TV 4/7/12 complete recap...

- Show opens with brief music video highlight package of last week's in ring confrontation between Davey Richards and Kevin Steen.
- Young Bucks def. TJ Perkins and Shiloh Jones. Good opening contest. Pretty fast paced action. 2 1/2th out of 5 stars.
- Ad spot promoting the next iPPV "Border Wars" on May 12th at 7:30 PM EST coming from Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Jay Lethel talks about wanting to take on Tommaso Ciampa.
- Side note here... I really hope ROH isn't going to start adding more iPPVs to their line up. I feel that only doing a few a year really works to their benefit since it gives them more time to properly build them up on TV.
- Coming back from break they show an music video building up Mike Mondo vs Mike Taven coming up. Yes... in case you did not know Mike Mondo the former Mikey of the Spirit Squad is in ROH now. And he's really jacked up.
- Mondo vs Taven starts up. Both according to the "tale of the tape" honor the Code Of Honor. However Taven does not honor it before the match starts.
- Mondo wins the match by faking injury before doing his finisher. 1 1/2 stars out of 5. Kevin Kelly hypes up the "Inside Ring Of Honor" segment coming up next. Crowd chants "that was awesome" as the show fades to ad break.
- ROH ad shown hyping their Twitter/Facebook followed by an ad for the Battle In The Carolinas two DVD set. You know an DVD set that has been out for months instead of hyping the newer DVD releases.
- We come back to Kevin Kelly telling us this week's "Inside" segment has been pulled so they can show highlights from the press conference this past Monday hyping up the next iPPV. He spoils that Kevin Steen shows up to ruin things.
- Press conference highlights. Cornette hypes up Finlay and Rhino will be at the event. Davey Richards talks about defending the ROH title. Kevin Steen interrupts demanding he wants to talk. Confrontation between Steen and Cornette takes place. Steen says there is only one main event people want to see as in Richards vs Steen for the title. Cornette calls for security. Richards says he wants to fight now. Lots of yelling. Richards finally says "bring your pile driver" which is banned in ROH. Cornette asks if Richards wants Steen. Richards says yes. Steen walks away mocking screaming "American Wolf." Kevin Kelly then follows up by hyping that Richards vs Steen is the main event for the "Border Wars" iPPV for the ROH Title.
- Ad for Final Battle 2011 DVD release followed by ROH live events for fund raisers.
- March Meyham Final Four to win $24,000 match is the main event this week. Highlights of the matches and interviews of the people involved are shown. The final four are Jay Lethal, Adam Cole, Tommaso Ciampa and "The Prodigy" Mike Bennett. This is an elimination match by the way.
- I must be the only one who wants to see a "match" between Maria Kanellis and Mia Yim.
- Entrances and ring intros for everyone then ad break.
- myke is right.... those entrance title cards look like sides of wheat toast.
- Another ad for "Border Wars" iPPV. Briscoes hype up the iPPV saying if they get across the border there will be an ass whipping.
- Ad break in the middle of the match. No eliminations so far.
- Lethel eliminates Bennett via Lethel Injetion.
- Ciampa eliminates Lethel right after the first elimination with an knockout knee.
- Last two in the match is Chimpa and Cole.
- Lethel tried to run in at the end but security prevented him from getting in the ring. That distracted Cole allowing Ciampa to use his running knee on Cole to get the pinfall and win the match.
- Match was okay. Seems like this tournament existed to fill up some TV title which is okay. End result kinda seems disappointing to me but we'll see if ROH does anything with this going forward. Match = 2 1/2 out of 5.
- Veda Scott goes in the ring to present the check to Ciampa and the Embassy. Prince Nana takes the mic away then starts to sing "we're in the money." Kevin Kelly demands for the mic to be taken away "from that buffoon.
- Next week's show is hyped up as an "Road Rage" special featuring highlights from the Showdown In The Sun Day 1 main event which was Davey Richards defending the ROH Title against Roderick Strong and Eddie Edwards. Kevin Kelly quickly says "we'll see you then" as the ROH logo flashes on the screen as the show comes to a close.

[quote name='neocisco']Did they post the complete TJ Perkins/Fire Ant match? That match was great until it just cut off.[/QUOTE]

No they did not. Seeing that next week's ROH TV will be highlights from both Showdown In The Sun shows I wonder if they are going to show that match in its entirety during the broadcast? That makes sense to me if they do that.

Former WCW and WWF Spanish announcer Miguel Alonso passed away at 89. I found an episode of him on youtube doing interviews and commentary on the Spanish version of Superstars of Wrestling. The interviews are pretty funny and this is the episode where the Islanders attack Tito at the Spanish Announce Table. And who knew Frenchy Martin spoke fluent Spanish?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDv7lPosOyk&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHIcqyQg0j4&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vz5CyGEITeg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GpaDissdWw&feature=relmfu

[quote name='Demolition Man']No they did not. Seeing that next week's ROH TV will be highlights from both Showdown In The Sun shows I wonder if they are going to show that match in its entirety during the broadcast? That makes sense to me if they do that.[/QUOTE]

If that match finished as well as it started I really want to see it. They definitely need to either post it on their site or make it part of the recap show.

It's amazing to think for a guy that well spoken the only word most of us have heard from him is "Huss!"

Weird, have never actually seen that version of the Islanders/Tito attack before. Read about it and saw photos in the magazine at the time and saw the recap of it the week after it happened.

Good news - WWE released the Yes DB shirt
Bad news - It looks like crap (imo)

yespo.jpg

Ladies and Gentlemen, Executive Vice President of Talent Relations, permanent Raw and SmackDown general manager, and woo-er of Alicia Fox, Mr. John Laurenitis.

2w3t8wl.jpg

[quote name='Scorch']Ladies and Gentlemen, Executive Vice President of Talent Relations, permanent Raw and SmackDown general manager, and woo-er of Alicia Fox, Mr. John Laurenitis.

2w3t8wl.jpg
[/QUOTE]

masked lemon is going to be PISSED.

[quote name='neocisco']masked lemon is going to be PISSED.[/QUOTE]
No, he is going to pretend that was him dressed as Johnny Ace
Because banging Alicia Fox while pretending to be a washed up never was wrassler is his secret kink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back