It's Bigger than "The Hip-Hop Thread"

My computer went fubar and I haven't been able to listen to Distant Relatives, anyone heard?

Anything on the Reflection Eternal album?

[quote name='Canadian_Man']My computer went fubar and I haven't been able to listen to Distant Relatives, anyone heard?[/QUOTE]

I'm at school for the last time this semester, listening to this and I have yet to start my work.

Album of the Year.

[quote name='Canadian_Man']I'm at school for the last time this semester, listening to this and I have yet to start my work.

Album of the Year.[/QUOTE]

It's Nas, so it will at least get a listen.

[quote name='Canadian_Man']My computer went fubar and I haven't been able to listen to Distant Relatives, anyone heard?

Anything on the Reflection Eternal album?[/QUOTE]

Its good. Its different from any other Nas album.

Rock The Bells line up looks Epic
RTB10_lineup.gif

with Special Guest Lauryn Hill OMFG!

I saw GZA perform the entire Liquid Swords once and it was amazing...

seeing entire classic albums being performed would be crazy!!!

but it's Rock the Bells... way too big and crowded >_<

anyway, jus picked up new Guilty Simpson and Pack FM.

wanna get new Kweli & Hi Tek but amazon doesnt have digital version yet -_-

[quote name='JEKKI']I saw GZA perform the entire Liquid Swords once and it was amazing...

seeing entire classic albums being performed would be crazy!!!

but it's Rock the Bells... way too big and crowded >_<

anyway, jus picked up new Guilty Simpson and Pack FM.

wanna get new Kweli & Hi Tek but amazon doesnt have digital version yet -_-[/QUOTE]

I don't know I been to the last 2 Rock the Bells and they where awesome.

Where did u go??

The southern cal venue is way too big, u can't see ish...

I was seriously considering driving up to norcal last year to go to their show.

Btw, new bone thugs is freakin terrible ;_;

[quote name='JEKKI']Where did u go??

The southern cal venue is way too big, u can't see ish...

I was seriously considering driving up to norcal last year to go to their show.

Btw, new bone thugs is freakin terrible ;_;[/QUOTE]

I went to Merriweather in md. It was packed but it was so cool to see so many Hip-Hop acts in one place.

album is solid front to back, give Eminem credit for giving up the silly bullshit and speaking about his life situation honestly. special props to just blaze for that Haddaway sample...

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been listening to Recovery as well. I think my favorites right now are "Talkin' 2 Myself", "Cinderella Man", and I'm probably going to get ragged on for the last one: "Love The Way You Lie".

Seriously, the worst song on this album is better than the best song on Relapse.

^i would only disagree with that because I thought "3 a.m." was a pretty big standout. You'd be totally right after that.

I really hope it's good, as I found "Relapse" to be completely overrated.

[quote name='Regian']I've been listening to Recovery as well. I think my favorites right now are "Talkin' 2 Myself", "Cinderella Man", and I'm probably going to get ragged on for the last one: "Love The Way You Lie".

Seriously, the worst song on this album is better than the best song on Relapse.[/QUOTE]

Hey now, let's not say anything we can't take back. Deja Vu and My Darling were fantastic songs.

[quote name='Regian']I've been listening to Recovery as well. I think my favorites right now are "Talkin' 2 Myself", "Cinderella Man", and I'm probably going to get ragged on for the last one: "Love The Way You Lie".

Seriously, the worst song on this album is better than the best song on Relapse.[/QUOTE]

Eminem killed the whole album i'm impressed.

it's that time of the month again!!!

the monthly major music pickup!!! so far Im pickin up:

61DWPkU2wcL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

new Reef. already listened to it once, pretty good. no Feast or Famine, which as far as Im concerned now was a freakin fluke of an album, but it's definitely better than the last garbage record he put up.

51t0jz5vylL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

last year Senor Woohoo recommended the sleeper hit of 2009, Diamond District, and this is the solo record of one of the members. I really liked DD's record so Im lookin forward to this!!

300x300.jpg

Homeboy Sandman?? never heard of the guy, but he was recommended on neogaf in the same sentence with Ski Beatz and Psycho Les... that's all I need to give something my attention.

51HlE3VTBRL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

new Devin!

51g7LluZxSL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

ex-Flipmode member... read about it and it seems up my alley... but I cant find any (legal) digital copy. ugh... do u not want my money?!?!

I still got credits... anything else to pick up?? Gonna pick up Eminem next week too (havent heard it yet >_

[quote name='strongpimphand']Damn Boosie[/QUOTE]

Yeah thats messed up. We wont be seeing him ever again. :roll: Its Boosie own fault
he took the name bad azz too far.

[quote name='Sc4rfac3']Yeah thats messed up. We wont be seeing him ever again. :roll: Its Boosie own fault
he took the name bad azz too far.[/QUOTE]
That's how the game goes though.

He was an unique artist, because all his songs were just flat out real like experiences. It was like a therapy session of him just sitting on the couch telling you what his friends just did or what his momma said to him or what he wants to buy or what he just bought.

...Then that petty city beef started and he couldn't handle himself. His best friend Ivy got killed and he went crazy. He blamed it on Nussie and next thing you know...it went from detainment for weed charges and violation of probation (which to all of us down here was only brought on to help build that case) to murder charges officially (which was obvious to everyone....because Boosie sadly ain't never lied to us)

And then he was stupid enough to try to smuggle in drugs....

This is literally "when keeping it real goes wrong". His whole label sans Webbie and Foxx have either caught a charge, or doing a bid for a charge. That's a shame.

Well Said:applause::applause::applause:

Just heard the first leaked single from Kanye's new album (Power) and it certifiably bangs. So glad he went back to Late Registration shit.

it's ok... my expectations for it were too high thanks to Train of Thought and Eardrum.

new Roots!!! I heard it's awesome, gonna pick it up!!

I don't really like Train of Thought so... or I didn't at the time, might need another spin. I thought it was WAY too long when it dropped.

Yo, just wanted to chime in about the Em album. I think its off the chain. His word play is sick. I've heard the album like 25 times and I still discover new things I missed. ("It's like a F--- you for christmas, the gift is a curse"). Front to back awesome, so glad that trash style from Encore and Relapse is done.

Edit:

Fav tracks for me -

Almost Famous (raps the longest word in the english langauge lol, Ya'll are Eminem backwards, your mini me).

Changes - back to the 4 verse format of stan on this one. Great track

Talkin to Myself - Just another great track. Explains the past, and reindroduces himself.

So many more the bonus track, Cinderella Man, Space Man, Love the way you Lie, I liked wount back down even.

finally listened to the Nas/Damian Marley... it's REALLY fucking good.

tons of great albums all the way through that have come out already this year.

[quote name='DestroVega']finally listened to the Nas/Damian Marley... it's REALLY fucking good.

tons of great albums all the way through that have come out already this year.[/QUOTE] Once I stop listen to the Em album 15 times a day I will pick that one up next.

Having never heard Eminem beyond the singles he put out in his MTV era, I'm enjoying his album. A couple too many choruses for my taste, but the lyrical potency makes up for it.

[quote name='Canadian_Man']Big Boi's solo album is solid and definitely worth checking out.[/QUOTE]

That's an understatement man. It's constant fire. Big Boi rips it. One of the few things that could have made it better is if Jive weren't bitches and Royal Flush was on the record.

[quote name='bigtymer']That's an understatement man. It's constant fire. Big Boi rips it. One of the few things that could have made it better is if Jive weren't bitches and Royal Flush was on the record.[/QUOTE]
Took a couple listens to sink in, gets better every time.

There are a couple of choruses that still bug me and just about ruin a couple of otherwise great songs.

bread's done
Back