It's cold! Are you?

its 3 here right now, that is pretty warm compared to the -10 when I woke up this morning!

and no I'm not cold, because I'm working by the fireplace!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Days like this are kinda good in my opinion as it readies you for the rest of the winter. Get used to single digit weather or below 0 for a few days and the rest of the winter is a breeze since temperatures here usually don't go under 25 too often. Wind is always the killer though; I can tolerate almost any cold weather without bitching but if it's windy it just makes it ten times colder. And with that said, I hate frigid cold but I will take any cold over bad snow/ice days any time.

It was very cold yesterday. -3 when I went to work.

I'd move but it would be pretty much only to a fun warm place that I'd enjoy. I've looked at or applied to places before in San Diego, Hawaii, and though about Dubai (gonna be rolling in dihrams).

I've had a few companies interested and offers before in warm places (like Georgia) but I deicided I would enjoy life in Boston more even with the crappy weather.

My nipples have frostbite
giphy.gif

-35 windchill here for the past 3 days or so. Glad I've been off
Geez, where is this at? The coldest it gets in So Cal not including the mountains is mid to high 20's into low 30's and that is rare and mostly at night. I don't know how some of you in certain parts of the country actually would want to live in this. The summers can be a bit hellish here but I would rather deal with the heatwave than a blizzard.

Northwest Indiana. I went out one day for about an hour and decided there was nothing worth being out in those kind of temperatures and locked myself inside.

Schools were closed for those 3 days as well
Some schools closed in Massachusetts on Thursday or Friday. It's been under 20 most days this week and can get below 0 with wind chill. My bedroom doesn't get much heat (because the heater won't match the thermostat) and neither does my workplace, so I'm used to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only time schools here close for the cold is when it's 12 or less with bad windchill. Anyone who is used to cold weather in the winter can tell you it's not that bad as long as the wind is not blowing but when it is it can make it feel 20 degrees colder easy. With some new state law that just took effect on the 1st no school can take 2 hr delays so it's either a cancellation or you go. I work in a freezer a good amount of my time at work so besides being used to winters here all my life I'm also used to working in freezers that are anywhere from -30 to -60 so cold doesn't bother me especially when you're used to being against big ass industrial fans that are blowing on you.

78 here. If it doesn't rain tomorrow I'm grilling me some steaks. Pick up some beer, make a fire, eat some meat. Perfect day.

78 here. If it doesn't rain tomorrow I'm grilling me some steaks. Pick up some beer, make a fire, eat some meat. Perfect day.
I think other than hurricanes and Bush, you may have most of California beat with best all around weather.

It's 67 right now and a little windy but a beautiful sunny day.

I think other than hurricanes and Bush, you may have most of California beat with best all around weather.

It's 67 right now and a little windy but a beautiful sunny day.
We had a nasty thunder storm last night. I swear 2 bolts must have shot off right outside our window. My little girl woke up crying.. Hell, it scared the crap out of me too.

bread's done
Back