It's just another Mani(a)c Mansion (Goodwill remix)

eshbums

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
On my way home I swung by the local Goodwill store. I hadn't been to this one in a while, and I normally come out empty handed, but they had some classic goodness this time:

Total = $5.74

Genesis:
Pirates! Gold
MTV's Beavis & Butthead
Road Rash II

SNES:
Super Battleship

NES:
Blaster Master
Muppet Adventure Chaos at the Carnival
Super Mario Bros 2
Bad Street Brawler
Maniac Mansion

Not too shabby for less than I paid for dinner on the way home!

Man, i've been looking for maniac mansion for cheap forever. I'll give you what you paid for all of it for that one game!?! j/k

Anyways, congrats. Good buys.

Nice find.

By the way, which is worth more, the PC or nes version of Maniac Mansion? I managed to find the complete PC copy at a garage sale a little while back.

I think the PC version is fairly rare now. I used to have a complete copy on discount from Best Buy, but my dog chewed up the box and so all I have now is the game and manual. At any rate, there seem to be a lot more NES copies on eBay than PC copies.

Nice Goodwill find, OP! Super Mario Bros. 2 and Blaster Master are also excellent games, and Pirates! Gold has been known to fetch a pretty penny, IIRC.

Nice pickups. I should be impressed with the good games you picked up but I'm more impressed with the price. My Goodwill charges 1.99 per game. Good pickups!!!

Congrats OP.

Sorry to hijack. Today, I also went to the local Goodwill (on a whim) and saw a stock of games on the shelves. These were the prices for the games >_<

SNES games = 4.99
64 games = 4.99
Sega Genesis = 4.99
Sega Saturn = 4.99
Playstation 1 = 4.99
NES = 1.99

There were a few I picked up, but the others were just, too expensive. Will be posting it in the pickup thread.

IIRC this was not an official "Goodwill" store, but some other flavor of thrift store (maybe Village Discount or something like that). Normally their games are very overpriced (4-5 for PS1, 5 for carts) but these were shoved in the back of a shelving unit full of VHS tapes and cassettes. The Nintendo games were .90 and the Genesis were .40.

i had that beavis and butthead game.. sadly it was a piece of shit but i still played it back in the day cause i didnt know any better. good haul

[quote name='erehwon']Nice find.

By the way, which is worth more, the PC or nes version of Maniac Mansion? I managed to find the complete PC copy at a garage sale a little while back.[/quote]

Last time I checked a completed auction for the PC game, which I found at garage sale for a buck complete, ended at $120. Im sure thats the high end, but Im sure that $80 isnt too unfathomable. The NES one is all over, fairly cheap too..

good haul my GW charges usually $3 - $5 for older games and some times they charge even more if they think a game is rare they had Zelda for the NES for $20 on several occassions.

bread's done
Back