Its OVER Frequent Shopper has shut down customer support is dead

[quote name='YouDummy']How to earn more than 100 points a day

It works for me anyway.

1) Log in
2) Don't use Key Word Island
3) Spin the wheel, unscramble pictures, hot or cold, etc. until you get to 95 points.
4) Log out
5) Play Key Word Island until you earn 50 points and max out for the day.
6) Log in
7) Enjoy your extra points!

I hadn't seen this posted anywhere in the thread, and kind of stumbled on it myself. It may or may not work for you, I have no idea. It may also work for other games.[/quote]

Thanks for the tip, got 129 points today. I can get to 10k faster now :applause:

[quote name='MachineGunMing']ARG!!!!I want my camera. What state does it ship from just out of curiosity?[/QUOTE]

Louisville, KY - according to the label on the package.

My camera also got shipped on the 20th, and arrived the 24th.

[quote name='YouDummy']How to earn more than 100 points a day

It works for me anyway.

1) Log in
2) Don't use Key Word Island
3) Spin the wheel, unscramble pictures, hot or cold, etc. until you get to 95 points.
4) Log out
5) Play Key Word Island until you earn 50 points and max out for the day.
6) Log in
7) Enjoy your extra points!

I hadn't seen this posted anywhere in the thread, and kind of stumbled on it myself. It may or may not work for you, I have no idea. It may also work for other games.[/quote]

Thanks for the tip dude. Has anyone experimented this? Are only 145 points possible? How about 150? If not, how about 149 then?

[quote name='PhrostByte']Thanks for the tip dude. Has anyone experimented this? Are only 145 points possible? How about 150? If not, how about 149 then?[/quote]

I think the most you can get would be 148 because there aren't any 1 pointers other than keyword island. So you would just do everything then do bargain hunters last until you reach 98 for the day.

[quote name='l206312']I think the most you can get would be 148 because there aren't any 1 pointers other than keyword island. So you would just do everything then do bargain hunters last until you reach 98 for the day.[/quote]

There is now. The Hot and Cold list now gives 1 point for each one your rate, rather than giving you 10 points for rating all 10. So just play until you reach between 89 and 99, andthen go to Hot or Cold until ou get to 99.

I am a little worried about doing this though. I want to see someone do this and receive a prize before I trust it.

[quote name='lakawak']There is now. The Hot and Cold list now gives 1 point for each one your rate, rather than giving you 10 points for rating all 10. So just play until you reach between 89 and 99, andthen go to Hot or Cold until ou get to 99.

I am a little worried about doing this though. I want to see someone do this and receive a prize before I trust it.[/quote]

Guess I can be the guinea pig for it. I just ordered the 10,000 point GPS, and I have been using that trick for a while.

Does this work every tie? I mean the full 49 points? I just tried it, and went to 99 poins then signed out and did a full 50 on Key Word Island. But when I signed back in, I had only 118 points for the day, not 149.

I guess it is still better than nothig, but this makes me even more reluctant to try it with a real account until I know I will not get my account invalidated. I was hoping to try a new account and get 500 tickets in 3 days instead of 4 and order the candles or socks to an unused address. But if I only can get 18 extra points, it won't help me save an extra day so it is not a good test.

YouDummy...yeah..definitely let us know if/when you get it. I ordered the GPS a few days ago, so I will let you know when I get it and you should get it around the same time. I am currently at 2500 to order the 7500 GPS for my girlfriend so it would be nice to shave about a week and a half off the time. Getting a big item is a better test anyway since I figured htey may let 500 ticket items slide with semi-cheating (not really cheating, but you know...) but might be more strict with the larger ones.

I am probably just being paranoid. After all, Club Live lets you do it. But then again, Frequent Shopper seemsto be more secure with everything. Plus they make a point to not let you go over at all without hte logging out trick. And I just don't want to waste 2 months of playing just to order a 7500 item a couple weeks earlier and not get it.

Then again, I did take a chance on my 10,000 ticket GPS too. I ordered it to the same address as my bed sheets. But I spelled my city differently, and address my apartment in a different way. I have tried different addresses with my girlfriend who lives in a very rural area so while her house is 59, there is no 58 or 57, etc. So I have ordered multiple small items for her to 59, then 58 andthen 57 and she has gotten them all. I was going to order the GPS to another address but I got greedy and did't want to wait for that person to send me the GPS when they got it. So I gave it a shot.

[quote name='lakawak']There is now. The Hot and Cold list now gives 1 point for each one your rate, rather than giving you 10 points for rating all 10. So just play until you reach between 89 and 99, andthen go to Hot or Cold until ou get to 99.

I am a little worried about doing this though. I want to see someone do this and receive a prize before I trust it.[/quote]

I was doing this trick since before it got posted. I ordered the 75,000 point camera and still haven't gotten it. I'm starting to think maybe they caught on.

[quote name='lakers310']I was doing this trick since before it got posted. I ordered the 75,000 point camera and still haven't gotten it. I'm starting to think maybe they caught on.[/quote]

Did you receive a date of when it is supposed to ship?

It would really suck if they DO cancel those orders. I mean, this is not like using a bot to play Club Live. It isn't really cheating. I can SORT of understand if they were to say "you bypassed the limit, so you really should have only had 6400 tickets" and refunded that many to you or something like that. But you really shouldn't get penalized for their bad website coding. And if they do know about it enough to cancel orders, then they should have fixed the mistake by now.

Then again, I suppose that THAT could be the problem. They look at your account and see that you got more than 100 tickets most days and still don't know about the KEy Word Island trick. So maybe they think that you are using a bot to do it.

It would be nice if they gave you SOME information though.

Then again, you still have almost 3 weeks until the shipping date, so I guess we don't know for sure that it is not coming. But I know that I am definitely not going to try this on any of the accounts taht I am planning on working up to 7500 or more until I know for a fact someone who did it got their prizes. Good luck.

Microsoft reserves the right to withhold credits and prizes from any user suspected of activities that violate the Terms or are otherwise unlawful.
Whether it's their fault or not, they have the right to not give you the prize in that situation. You agreed to the rules. It's not nice, but it's somewhat fair.

[quote name='lakers310']I was doing this trick since before it got posted. I ordered the 75,000 point camera and still haven't gotten it. I'm starting to think maybe they caught on.[/QUOTE]

Microsoft probally suspected something fishy was going on which is why they charged you 75,000 instead of 7,500 :)

[quote name='silverjojo08']Whether it's their fault or not, they have the right to not give you the prize in that situation. You agreed to the rules. It's not nice, but it's somewhat fair.[/quote]

But does the TOS specifically prohibit going over 100? I know it mentions the limit, but that is different. After all, there are some people who probably play these games throughoutthe day rather than maxing them in one 10 minute session. They may innocently forget to log in and then play Key Word Island after they had previous gotten, say, 80 points from a previous session. They they play like 40 points of KWI and get over 100. Without even realizing it.

Actually, I just checked, and they don't even mentioned that the limit is 100 anywhere. That really would be kind of messed up if they cancel your order for that. it is not like you aren't experiencing just as much of their shopping site as you would if you didn't do it. You are just experiencing more per day over a few fewer days.

By the way, it happened again to me. Played until 99 points, then played 49 points of Key Word Island. (I purposely didn't get 50 like yesterday just to see) This time when I logged back in, it gave me 20 additional points. Not 49. So after two days of playing on this account, I have 337 points. Not the 398 that I should have. So the trick does work, just for me, not as well as advertised. Instead of getting 49% more points than you should, I am getting about 18-19% more. Based on that, it would take about84 days to get 10,000 instead of 99. (If they gave you the full 149 each day, it would take just 67 days for 10,00 tickets.) And 63 days to get 7500 tickets. Still a decent amount. But you can decide if it is worth the risk of getting nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lakawak']But does the TOS specifically prohibit going over 100? I know it mentions the limit, but that is different. After all, there are some people who probably play these games throughoutthe day rather than maxing them in one 10 minute session. They may innocently forget to log in and then play Key Word Island after they had previous gotten, say, 80 points from a previous session. They they play like 40 points of KWI and get over 100. Without even realizing it.

Actually, I just checked, and they don't even mentioned that the limit is 100 anywhere. That really would be kind of messed up if they cancel your order for that. it is not like you aren't experiencing just as much of their shopping site as you would if you didn't do it. You are just experiencing more per day over a few fewer days.

By the way, it happened again to me. Played until 99 points, then played 49 points of Key Word Island. (I purposely didn't get 50 like yesterday just to see) This time when I logged back in, it gave me 20 additional points. Not 49. So after two days of playing on this account, I have 337 points. Not the 398 that I should have. So the trick does work, just for me, not as well as advertised. Instead of getting 49% more points than you should, I am getting about 18-19% more. Based on that, it would take about84 days to get 10,000 instead of 99. (If they gave you the full 149 each day, it would take just 67 days for 10,00 tickets.) And 63 days to get 7500 tickets. Still a decent amount. But you can decide if it is worth the risk of getting nothing.[/quote]

Yeah, I couldn't get 149 either... I'm gonna try 148 tomorrow.. 147 the next day.. and 146 the day after that. If none of them work, I'll just stick to 145. :]

[quote name='PhrostByte']Yeah, I couldn't get 149 either... I'm gonna try 148 tomorrow.. 147 the next day.. and 146 the day after that. If none of them work, I'll just stick to 145. :][/quote]

How are you getting 145? Or you playing until 99 and getting 46 tickets on KWI, or playing to 95 and getting the full 50 on KWI?

It is just weird because when I got all 50 on KWI, it only added 18 tickets, but when I played to 49, it added 19.

For me, it's not worth the risk of not getting anything. So personally, I wouldn't risk doing it. It seems like the Terms and Conditions are worded loosely enough that they could not give you the prize for almost anything.

Good luck to everyone trying this, though. It seems to be a nice way of getting some extra points.

Just a question, do you put in your address when you have enough points to order? Because I never saw a place to enter information and don't want to be screwed when it comes time to order.

OK...I have a non-keyword island trick question now...how the heck do you turn off the damn filter? I have gone to the settings for my MSN accoutns and turned them off. Yet anytime I search for anything with even a slightly "adult" word for Scavenger Hunt, it will block it. Sexy, nymph, sometimes I can't even figure out which word is blocked because none are even remotely adult oriented.

I have to say, it is counter-productive to the website's goal of getting people to use it for everyday shopping. It has turned me off using it if I can't do anything that has something that only a 5 year old would think is too adult for them.

[quote name='lakawak']OK...I have a non-keyword island trick question now...how the heck do you turn off the damn filter? I have gone to the settings for my MSN accoutns and turned them off. Yet anytime I search for anything with even a slightly "adult" word for Scavenger Hunt, it will block it. Sexy, nymph, sometimes I can't even figure out which word is blocked because none are even remotely adult oriented.

I have to say, it is counter-productive to the website's goal of getting people to use it for everyday shopping. It has turned me off using it if I can't do anything that has something that only a 5 year old would think is too adult for them.[/quote]

I wish I could help, but the code seems to be in the search engine itself and not over-writeable. I typed in cat and got chat. Because you know, they corrected the spelling apparently. :roll:

Oh, and here's a tip I've found...

When doing Bargain Hunter, go into sports. Unless something looks like an insanely good deal like $30 shoes or something, chances are the cheapest item is the best deal. There are tons of yoga dvds and books especially that are $2-$4 and like 80% off. For me at least, it's the easiest one to go through.

[quote name='pyoobez']Oh, and here's a tip I've found...

When doing Bargain Hunter, go into sports. Unless something looks like an insanely good deal like $30 shoes or something, chances are the cheapest item is the best deal. There are tons of yoga dvds and books especially that are $2-$4 and like 80% off. For me at least, it's the easiest one to go through.[/quote]
You're right! This really helped me out a lot and made things easier. I don't have to do Coupon Clipper anymore. Thanks a lot!

[quote name='XxPCFxX']Anyone order the Powershot SD850 IS yet?[/QUOTE]

I ordered it about one hour ago. Its estimated delivery date is the 23rd of February.

[quote name='Switchblade232']For reference: I ordered the Canon SD1000 on 12/02 and it arrived today.[/quote]

i ORDERED MINE WAY BEFORE YOU STILL NOTHING LAME

I ordered two 360 controllers (black) about a week or two apart.

Do you think this would be reason enough for me to get neither?

If I make a new account with my friend's address (he said it's ok.) can I get points for both accounts on the same computer without trouble?

Hey guys I have a couple of questions.

Can we have as many accounts can we make?

Does it matter what coupon we submit? because sometimes I submit random stuff or real coupons?

Does it matter if we submit the same coupon sometimes?

Who here has ordered a 10k or 7.5k prize and has received it? If so how long did it take to come?

Thanks guys :D

[quote name='Shadowlink']Hey guys I have a couple of questions.

Can we have as many accounts can we make?

Does it matter what coupon we submit? because sometimes I submit random stuff or real coupons?

Does it matter if we submit the same coupon sometimes?

Who here has ordered a 10k or 7.5k prize and has received it? If so how long did it take to come?

Thanks guys :D[/quote]

As long as they are different addresses, there should be no problems.

No, but if people keep doing it, they might eliminate someday eliminate this feature, which will be a drag.

Same as above.

I ordered a Cleveland Wedge in November and it came in 6 days. From some of the other posts I've seen, high demand prizes like Rock Band and Cameras can take a couple of months. So it depends on the demand, I guess.

I have the time now, but I can't get back into this. It's just too tedious. I play for about 400 points and I'm ready to scream. I'm tempted to try the 'easier' method of this because I really could use a new keyboard/mouse, Vista, some more flash drives, and a 360.

Just wondering has anyone got an ipod nano off these guys and which model was it last years or that new chromatic one?

[quote name='will530']As long as they are different addresses, there should be no problems.

No, but if people keep doing it, they might eliminate someday eliminate this feature, which will be a drag.

Same as above.

I ordered a Cleveland Wedge in November and it came in 6 days. From some of the other posts I've seen, high demand prizes like Rock Band and Cameras can take a couple of months. So it depends on the demand, I guess.[/quote]Thanks for answering my questions, I do a lot of accounts the same day and submit the same coupons on each account :D

[quote name='VioletArrows']I have the time now, but I can't get back into this. It's just too tedious. I play for about 400 points and I'm ready to scream. I'm tempted to try the 'easier' method of this because I really could use a new keyboard/mouse, Vista, some more flash drives, and a 360.[/quote]

Really? I'm in an out in maybe 10 mins. Spin the wheel, hot or cold, then bargain hunter under sports followed by key word island.

I've found not to quick the bargain hunter's super fast, though. It seems to "zero" you a lot faster.

[quote name='VioletArrows']I have the time now, but I can't get back into this. It's just too tedious. I play for about 400 points and I'm ready to scream. I'm tempted to try the 'easier' method of this because I really could use a new keyboard/mouse, Vista, some more flash drives, and a 360.[/QUOTE]

I think you posted on the wrong board....possibly talking about LSC...??

bread's done
Back