It's Shaq-fuing BULLETSTORM!

FurryCurry

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
So the following smiley equation is Bulletstorm in a shell casing.
:bouncy: + :bomb: + :boxing: + :twoguns: + :whee: + :fridge: + :puke: + :censored: = :rofl:
For multiplayer just squeeze in a :grouphug: somewhere between the boxing and the vomit which will multiply :rofl: by four I think.

Demo is out. Game is out next month.

My thoughts so far? Fun. There is a learning curve to be sure but it's fun. I planned on buying it anyway but now I can get some practice in.

Thanks for the heads up. I have the CE on deck for the Gears 3 beta so now I can see first hand whether I paid full price for a half decent game or for early beta access. Either way I pray there aren't a ridiculous amount of multiplayer achievements tied to it.

[quote name='theredworm']just played the demo, seems like I would've liked this when I was 17 not really my humor now, looks nice but I'll pass[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Not really appealing to me at this age, but if I was 16 or 17, I would have loved this.

Did not like. The inability to jump is inexcusable. Also, in a game centered around kicking, gore, and getting points for violence, you can't curbstomp someone? Fail. I'll rent it, but the demo helped my decision.. not going to buy it.

I need to play this more to get a handle on the controls. Something about them just seemed weird, like why have "A" for run, why not click in left stick like everyone else does it.

I fucking love the concept tho, leader board games have made me obsessed and this game does that very well. So i will play it more, and hopefully get the controls down. Hoping to get my girl in on the fun too!

and again people compare this game to a certain age bracket. Why? I dont see the point of saying this game is made/acts like a 16 year old. I enjoy games for myself, and this game is just crazy fun, not serious fun. Sometimes you need that breath of fresh blood- i mean air. ;)

I played through the demo once and I'm not too crazy about the game. You can definitely tell it is an Unreal engine game and took a lot of queues from Gears. Also, the shakiness of the camera literally gave me a headache. If I play it some more and like it or the co-op aspect shows a lot of promise or I find it heavily discounted I might pick it up.

You gotta keep playing to find more, getting the controls down is what its about, once you do that you find new ways to kill dudes and intractable environmental objects.

This game is a hyrbid of GEARS, BORDERLANDS, and THE CLUB. Def picking up at release. Wonder how the campaign will be?

As much as I hate the control scheme I still can't find enough of reason to talk myself out of a purchase. I just hope the campaign and multiplayer will keep my interest in mastering it up.

Played it again and they developers nailed whatever they were going for. :p I was much more visually impressed here than in the Crysis 2 multiplayer demo too.

I'm a bit disappointed that
A) I cant jump
B) I cant aim my kicks

I tried getting a few different combos going but 1/2 the enemies get puled to spikes so its all voodoo dolls.

I'll try it again later though because I really want to like it.

Yeah the point of this game is to go through thye levels multiple times, im still learning and ive played the level 4 times.

Im still getting this, cause i believe in the concept.

Demo confirmed my feelings from watching videos, not my cup of tea. I'll play through it eventually probably but it doesn't excite me. Not a real Gears fan but the beta is best part of this pack. Hopefully it's a code, maybe Kmart or Amazon will do a $20 off release deal and you can get in and out cheap.

I also tried the demo, somewhat anxiously, as I love Epic.

It also confirmed what I feared from the videos I had seen: It's probably going to get repetitive.

I mean, it looks and plays nicely, but there'd have to be A LOT of variety in the full game to make it worthwhile in the long run. I'll keep my eye on it, and probably play the demo a few more times, but it was never a day-1 for me from the start.

[quote name='$hady']Maybe Kmart or Amazon will do a $20 off release deal and you can get in and out cheap.[/QUOTE]

20K SYWR Points w/ purchase (essentially a $20 GC)

It's not bad. Basically a improved idea of the Club in First Person with a lot more combo options. I am going to have to pick it up at $20 or less, but I feel $60 is a lot to throw on this game and a gears beta invite. But I'm not gonna lie - it was fun.

[quote name='$hady']Demo confirmed my feelings from watching videos, not my cup of tea. I'll play through it eventually probably but it doesn't excite me. Not a real Gears fan but the beta is best part of this pack. Hopefully it's a code, maybe Kmart or Amazon will do a $20 off release deal and you can get in and out cheap.[/QUOTE]
It requires the disc for the G.o.W.3. beta.

[quote name='bardockkun']It feels like a better Duke Nukem game then any Duke Nukem game.[/QUOTE]

This was going to be my comment. I was surprised at the lack of Duke Nukem comparisons. This is the game that Duke Nukem Forever should have been.

I didn't like it, it felt hollow to me. It felt like the novelty of throwing people around and shooting them would wear off pretty quick.

That said I try not to judge games by the demo, so I'll wait till the complete version is out.

[quote name='Vader582']It wasn't horrible but it reminded me of a tween-version of The Club.
I'll probably pass until it's cheap.[/QUOTE]

Yup...that's the exact vibe I got from it.

Played a few games last night.. not really a fan..

this game forces you to play a first person shooter differently in order to get points but the way to get higher points doesn't feel right...

for example.. when entering a section and enemies rush in you can either shoot them for X points or run up to them and kick them or whip them and thern shoot them for higher X points.. but while you are running up to them you're getting shot up to pieces.

Why would I break cover and take damange just to stomp some dude for X more points when shooting them did the trick in the first place.

Kevin

[quote name='kevgret']Played a few games last night.. not really a fan..

this game forces you to play a first person shooter differently in order to get points but the way to get higher points doesn't feel right...

for example.. when entering a section and enemies rush in you can either shoot them for X points or run up to them and kick them or whip them and thern shoot them for higher X points.. but while you are running up to them you're getting shot up to pieces.

Why would I break cover and take damange just to stomp some dude for X more points when shooting them did the trick in the first place.

Kevin[/QUOTE]

Hold down leash to do an area attack. That will ruin a rushing group.

Use the flail gun to blow them up together.

[quote name='ufskenney'] This is the game that Duke Nukem Forever should have been.[/QUOTE]

Duke Nukem Forever already isn't good enough? Srsly?

I tried it last night. Not my cup of tea. It felt like a variant on Madworld, but not as cool looking and less fun. Which is not to say that I was crazy about Madworld. It was similarly obnoxiously juvenile.

[quote name='bardockkun']It feels like a better Duke Nukem game then any Duke Nukem game.[/QUOTE]

Funny Duke Forever isn't out yet and is coming out AFTER this trash game that's merely riding the coat tails of Gears 3, but it's better than Duke Forever.
Total Meltdown was more fun than this demo.

No, you're right, good call.

[quote name='hustletron']Funny Duke Forever isn't out yet and is coming out AFTER this trash game that's merely riding the coat tails of Gears 3, but it's better than Duke Forever.
Total Meltdown was more fun than this demo.

No, you're right, good call.[/QUOTE]
To be fair, I never saw the appeal of Duke. The overly machismo and stealing one liners from 80's movies just didn't do it for me in anyway.

The first thing I said after I fired up the demo was "Hey it's Wolverine voiced by Spike Spiegel."

I have a feeling this is going to be like Mirror's Edge with guns: alot of trial and error until you find the most efficient method. Playing the demo was a blast, but like Mirror's Edge, I'm not sure if it's going to translate well into a full game.

[quote name='ced']The first thing I said after I fired up the demo was "Hey it's Wolverine voiced by Spike Spiegel."

I have a feeling this is going to be like Mirror's Edge with guns: alot of trial and error until you find the most efficient method. Playing the demo was a blast, but like Mirror's Edge, I'm not sure if it's going to translate well into a full game.[/QUOTE]

Mirror's Edge was a great game but really disappointed me because the demo showed a lot more things that you could do. I'm downloading Bullet Storm now but I don't want to buy it just for Gears 3.

[quote name='ced']The first thing I said after I fired up the demo was "Hey it's Wolverine voiced by Spike Spiegel."[/QUOTE]
:lol: I thought of Spike as well. That was a much better use of Steve Blum.

[quote name='Survivalism']Duke Nukem Forever already isn't good enough? Srsly?[/QUOTE]
Sorry for the poor choice of words on my part. I will forward my comments to you next time so you can edit them for me prior to my posting:roll:.

Just meant that if they had called this game Duke Nukem Forever it would been developed and a much shorter period of time. Yes, I do understand they are different developers.

No reviews... w.t.f. Add in that the clips I saw of early copies doing livestreams weren't terribly exciting (thought they were leaked, forgot it released this week l.o.l.)

I always think that about games that appear to embargo their reviews until release day. Could also be that they didn't send out review copies for whatever reason. Although, I found a glowing review yesterday on vgreview I believe (found via google). Regardless, I went ahead and bit yesterday only because it met my criteria (Amazon $20 GC). Also, I replayed the demo again after reading how many people turned off are probably playing it like a typical FPS like COD....after I let that notion of COD-style play go I really enjoyed the demo. Plus, I think another big draw will be the friends leaderboard.

Regardless, I'll have it today.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']It's not bad. Basically a improved idea of the Club in First Person with a lot more combo options. I am going to have to pick it up at $20 or less, but I feel $60 is a lot to throw on this game and a gears beta invite. But I'm not gonna lie - it was fun.[/QUOTE]

Sweet I have dumped tons of hours into the club with a few friends from work.. I love having an hour lunch and a co worker that lives 5 minutes from work.

Is it 4 player offline anyone know?

I think it looks fun/sounds fun on those days when you just want to relax and blow shit up. I wasn't impressed by the demo at all when it first came out... tried it again a couple weeks later, and I enjoyed it. (I found several more skillshots that I hadn't even thought of trying before)

Anarchy looks smooth and enjoyable, too. Honestly, though, I bought the game just to listen to Steve Blum be a drunken space pirate. :)

No reviews yet and it's the day of the release. I'm quite hesitant to open this once it arrives today. If none of my friends have it, and the reviews came out just killing it, I'll return it asap.

I had considered buying this but after the demo I quickly cancelled my preorder. Atleast Gamefly shipped me a copy this morning so I can beat it without having a large investment in it.

bread's done
Back