It's that time of year - what's on your bi-annual DDD wishlist?

Maklershed

CAGiversary!
Feedback
77 (100%)
As you're all probably aware, the Deep Discount DVD 20% off free shipping occurs two times a year. We're about two weeks away for the first sale of the year (second sale occuring around November). Are you guys getting a wishlist ready? If so what are the main targets?

[quote name='kevzik']Sorry to be negative, but why is saving 20% such a big deal?[/QUOTE]

Compare prices between DDD and Amazon or Bestbuy, then take an extra 20% off of DDD's price.

[quote name='kevzik']Sorry to be negative, but why is saving 20% such a big deal?[/quote]

Especially when they include pretty much ALL of their site on it, so that includes boxsets too. Not too many companies/websites discount those.

Pete and Pete Season 2
Cody Banks 1/2
Essential Ernest Collection
Good Burger
Kino's Journey: Complete
Ed, Edd 'n Eddy: Season 1
Evangelion: Complete
Genshiken: Complete
Pokemon: Season 1
Pokemon: 3-Movie Pack
Richie Rich
Rugrats: Decade in Diapers
Saved By The Bell: 3 and 4
Scrubs: 5
Warriors of Virtue

$237.32 after discount. I'll probably weed it down a bit more before the sale.

[quote name='mr ryles']you saved up your allowance long enough to buy all those movies?[/quote]Just reliving some childhood memories. Also, I see you have a Wii. You must be nine years old. And Zelda? Can you swing the controller with a pacifier in your mouth?

Childhood nostalgia ftw! ;)

As for the question, it depends how much I get for graduation from the relatives. I probably won't go bonkers either way, considering I've bought a ton of DVDs this year already and I'm quasi-broke after buying a plasma.

[quote name='yellowjacket621']Just reliving some childhood memories. Also, I see you have a Wii. You must be nine years old. And Zelda? Can you swing the controller with a pacifier in your mouth?[/quote]
lol

Yes i forgot, i need to get pokemon season 1... gotta catch em all... bastards....

ALSO:

I am looking for the Rurouni Kenshin Season 3 Box set, i can't find it on DDD but maybe i fail at life, anyone know if it is on there?
this is what it should look like
http://www.amazon.com/Rurouni-Kenshin-Three-Richard-Cansino/dp/B000C6NP8Q/ref=pd_bbs_3/102-5297427-1094557?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1179094442&sr=8-3

I am also looking for the special edition box set for season 3 that no one seems to have in stock anymore, if anyone knows a good deal on it please (PLEASE) give me a heads up (I have found it in stores for over $150)
http://www.amazon.com/Rurouni-Kenshin-Meiji-Era-Premium/dp/B0001Z3IJO/ref=pd_bbs_sr_10/102-5297427-1094557?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1179094442&sr=8-10

[quote name='yellowjacket621']Just reliving some childhood memories. Also, I see you have a Wii. You must be nine years old. And Zelda? Can you swing the controller with a pacifier in your mouth?[/QUOTE]
when you're halfway through rugrats you'll realize how much money you wasted

Off the top of my head:

The Departed
Wedding Crashers
Da Ali G Show - Da Compleet Seriez
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine - Season 6

[quote name='gundamxzero']Especially when they include pretty much ALL of their site on it, so that includes boxsets too. Not too many companies/websites discount those.[/quote]

yeah and a lot of the DVDs on DeepDiscount are cheaper at their regular price then in stores, add 20% to that, and you have a even better price.

[quote name='tenzor']yeah and a lot of the DVDs on DeepDiscount are cheaper at their regular price then in stores, add 20% to that, and you have a even better price.[/QUOTE]

Yup.

To the books/games person: It never has before, it shouldn't now. In fact, they ran a 20% books sale back in February (when this question came up before).

I'm all for the cartoon DVDs and reliving childhood memories. And hey, if you hold onto them long enough you might even let your kids watch the stuff you did. ;-) (sure, we'll be 17371237 formats through it by then).

Not a whole lot for me unless I can hold off on Pan's Lab. Thinking the PPG/Anamaniacs/Pinky & the Brain stuff. Maybe the rest of He-Man and The Batman/Teen Titans. Last time my wallet cried, this time it will sigh in joy.

Each time this sale happens, I get less and less excited. I guess I'll pass this time around. I am getting used to their B1G1F on certain boxed sets.

[quote name='mr ryles']when you're halfway through rugrats you'll realize how much money you wasted[/QUOTE]

Halfway? It took me 2 minutes into my wife's MY LITTLE PONY boxed set... ;-)

Halfway is very good. :whistle2:D

Brain Powered CDollection
Back to the Future
Gunbuster
Piano Collection
Tylor OAV LE
Wings of Rean
and likely a few others. If they allow it on pre-orders then I will go after any Haruhi LE sets that are listed, as well as the rest of Wings of Rean.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Halfway? It took me 2 minutes into my wife's MY LITTLE PONY boxed set... ;-)

Halfway is very good. :whistle2:D[/QUOTE]

Your wife's?

Riiiiiiiiiiiiight. :D

[quote name='SeraphiMichael']Brain Powered CDollection
Back to the Future
Gunbuster
Piano Collection
Tylor OAV LE
Wings of Rean
and likely a few others. If they allow it on pre-orders then I will go after any Haruhi LE sets that are listed, as well as the rest of Wings of Rean.[/QUOTE]

You can get the Brain Powered collection for 17.99 at Bestbuy.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Halfway? It took me 2 minutes into my wife's MY LITTLE PONY boxed set... ;-)

Halfway is very good. :whistle2:D[/QUOTE]

Now, are we talking the original MLP show with Megan that the movie came from, or are we talking 'My Little Pony Tales', which was more psuedo-urban (for the time)?

*Still has all her My Little Ponies... they total in the 100s*

I remember that I used to watch that show; it also included Glow Worms, and Mr. Potato Head, right? I can't remember one episode of any of those shows, but I know I used to watch them in kindergarten (or younger). There was a My Little Pony movie?

[quote name='DuelLadyS']Now, are we talking the original MLP show with Megan that the movie came from, or are we talking 'My Little Pony Tales', which was more psuedo-urban (for the time)?

*Still has all her My Little Ponies... they total in the 100s*[/QUOTE]

[quote name='hero_icon_rolemodel']I remember that I used to watch that show; it also included Glow Worms, and Mr. Potato Head, right? I can't remember one episode of any of those shows, but I know I used to watch them in kindergarten (or younger). There was a My Little Pony movie?[/QUOTE]

I don't remember anything about Glow Worms or Mr. Potato Head in cartoon form... but oh yeah, there was a movie! Had the ponies fighting off some black goo called 'schmooze' (I don't think I spelled that right.) It also gave them an excuse to swap Dream Castle for Paradise Estate to tie in the new playset. ;)

[quote name='mr ryles']when you're halfway through rugrats you'll realize how much money you wasted[/quote]

Not to poke fun............ but I lol'd

doesn't really look like ill be purchasing anything from this sale...nothing that really catches my eyes...unless there is some amazing deals on a good anime series...anyone found some deals that are purchase-worthy and not cheaper anywhere else?

[quote name='animemaniac14']doesn't really look like ill be purchasing anything from this sale...nothing that really catches my eyes...unless there is some amazing deals on a good anime series...anyone found some deals that are purchase-worthy and not cheaper anywhere else?[/QUOTE]

Planetes - Complete Collection $30.53
Mars Daybreak - Complete Collection $30.47

Are a good 10-15 cheaper on average before discount.

Depending on finances (Blasted medical bills), I may pick up Boston Legal Season 2 and the Star Wars Trilogy set with the bonus disc.

[quote name='Drahken']Planetes - Complete Collection $30.53
Mars Daybreak - Complete Collection $30.47

Are a good 10-15 cheaper on average before discount.[/quote]

well then i might pick up planetes CC...that's a better deal than TRSI deal of the day :applause:

Dinosaurs - The Complete First and Second Seasons
Dinosaurs - The Complete Third and Fourth Seasons
Oz - The Complete First Season
Oz - The Complete Second Season
Oz - The Complete Third Season
Oz - The Complete Fourth Season
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Season 4
I'm going to hold off on getting anime until another Right Stuf clearance sale or similar. I still have some I have yet to watch.

[quote name='animemaniac14']if anyone else has some kick ass anime deals for this sale..please tell me...[/QUOTE]

ElHazard is going to be relativly cheap compared to the older realeses about 10 each.

Twelve Kingdoms Econo Sets will be out $30.48 each two sets, roughly half the price the two premium sets could be found on the best of sales.

.hack//Sign $30.47

Iria: Zeiram the Animation - Complete Series $15.09

I'll be picking up the Tekkaman Blade Sets $18.13 x 3

That's about all I have left assuming I don't stumble across anymore between now and the.

Maaaaan I can't wait for this sale....
Unlike most of you guys I've missed the last couple years of the sale.

Not this year.

I have 491.79 all qued up

Queued up? Can you save the cart for an indefinite period? I have a lot of discs I need to buy to complete sets. Might as well do my work now and get out the credit card later.

[quote name='siamesellama']Queued up? Can you save the cart for an indefinite period? I have a lot of discs I need to buy to complete sets. Might as well do my work now and get out the credit card later.[/QUOTE]

You can either save stuff in your wishlist for later or also store it in the cart, just don't delete your cookies or the cart will go with it.

The Homicide: Life on the Street complete series boxset is very tempting at $87 after discounts. Some of the Ken Burns documentaries (Baseball & Civil War) also look like pretty good deals.

Definitely want Not Just The Best of The Larry Sanders show. They're 3 bucks more expensive than BN.com...and I got them to price match it, but they make you call in to order price matches. So might as well wait until the sale.

Also the Strangers With Candy movie. Word.

Hmmm, hate to say it, but last year this sale wasn't until the end of June (the week before 4th of July). Loading shopping carts up now might be a bit premature.

Ultimate Avengers 1 & 2 [Blu-ray Disc]
Inventory: In-Stock, Usually ships in 2-3 days $31.42 0
Babel [Blu-ray Disc]
Inventory: In-Stock, Usually ships in 2-3 days $29.28 0
Blood Diamond [Blu-ray Disc]
Inventory: Pre-Order, Ship when available $21.35 0
Gone in 60 Seconds [Blu-ray Disc]
Inventory: In-Stock, Usually ships in 2-3 days $26.83 0
Scrubs - The Complete First Season
Inventory: In-Stock, Usually ships in 2-3 days $32.33 0
Scrubs - The Complete Second Season
Inventory: In-Stock, Usually ships in 2-3 days $32.33 0
Scrubs - Season Five
Inventory: Pre-Order, Ship when available $32.33 0
Scrubs - Season 3
Inventory: In-Stock, Usually ships in 2-3 days $29.86 0
Scrubs: The Complete Fourth Season
Inventory: In-Stock, Usually ships in 2-3 days $29.86 0
Office: Season One and Season Two
Inventory: Pre-Order, Ship when available $43.92 0
Big Lebowski
Inventory: Pre-Order, Ship when available $8.60 0
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Inventory: In-Stock, Usually ships in 2-3 days $30.35 0
Thank You For Smoking
Inventory: In-Stock, Usually ships in 2-3 days $14.74 0
V For Vendetta
Inventory: In-Stock, Usually ships in 2-3 days $20.74 0
Total $383.94

theres my current wishlist.

[quote name='rebenns']Hmmm, hate to say it, but last year this sale wasn't until the end of June (the week before 4th of July). Loading shopping carts up now might be a bit premature.[/QUOTE]

I placed my first order June 8th for the sale last year, that is hardly near the end of June.

[quote name='spsummers']Does anyone know for sure that they are going to have the sale again this year?[/QUOTE]

No, there's no telling for sure until it starts. It's just that they've done this twice a year for a while, almost like clockwork. However, they've made a lot of changes in their site since then, consolidating their movie, music, and video games stores into one site. Since they still seem to be having specific titles percent off sales at around the same frequency as before, and, judging by how much business this causes them to do in a traditionally slow time of the year, there's a good chance it will continue. Just don't expect it to also apply to music and games.

My final wishlist, if this sale ever happens:

- Cheers: Season 8
- ER: Season 7
- Grapes of Wrath
- Paths of Glory
- Raging Bull
- Stargate: Atlantis - Season 2
- That Thing You Do!
- Treasure of the Sierra Madre

$171.97 pre-sale
$137.57 20% off

That's my ENTIRE DVD wishlist excluding most of the Star Trek series (I have TNG and am not feeling $250 for any of the others), and a few seasons of the X-Files. Not bad, finally feel "Done" with my collection.

Charmed season 7 for my wife....and that's it! I'm cutting down on needless spending. Plus, I picked up Stargate season 9 & Stargate Atlantis 1&2 at EB, buy-2-get-1-free, for just under $40 total. All three sets like-new too - beats the crap outta 20% off. :p

I've got

Kenshin Season 2
The Hellboy Animated Movies
DBZ Season 2
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Fast Forward
TMNT: Season 1
Twelve Monkeys

I'm real interested in Twelve Kingdoms that a few people mentioned. I'll probably snag one of those if it's out by the time the sale hits. Also, can anyone recommend any good anime similar to Dragonball Z?

[quote name='***J***']Dinosaurs - The Complete First and Second Seasons
Dinosaurs - The Complete Third and Fourth Seasons
Oz - The Complete First Season
Oz - The Complete Second Season
Oz - The Complete Third Season
Oz - The Complete Fourth Season
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Season 4
I'm going to hold off on getting anime until another Right Stuf clearance sale or similar. I still have some I have yet to watch.[/quote]

I love the massive disparity in tone between these purchases.

Amazing Henson puppetry in an award-winning sitcom.
Amazing prison-terror in an award winning drama.

[quote name='Graystone']I'm honestly buying little to nothing. Most of the stuff on my wishlist I've rented from bb online. So I only have about 3 or 4 things on my wishlist. Plus I've have all the boxsets I want.

The only thing I'm debating is buying some Simpson's boxsets. I had a few then sold them all. Thinking about picking some back up.[/QUOTE]

Alright so I've built up a wishlist. Damn me. But its only about 10 things.

[quote name='mr ryles']Added Weeds season 1 to my wishlist.[/quote]

Great show, but I wouldn't buy it, it's on sale a lot for $15 to $18. Even with the 20% off it's still not that cheap.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Great show, but I wouldn't buy it, it's on sale a lot for $15 to $18. Even with the 20% off it's still not that cheap.[/QUOTE]

forgot to mention I was getting it on blu ray. :)

bread's done
Back